OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandon Merriweather did less egregious helmet to helmet contact AT GAME SPEED DURING THE FREAKING PLAY TO A PLAYER WHO HAD THE BALL and got suspended multiple games.

ODB completely goes headhunting after the play, against a totally defenseless player who isn't a ballcarrier, and leads with the crown of the helmet to the guys earhole and he gets to stay in the game and maybe might get a 1 game suspension.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Brandon Merriweather isnt putting fans in the seats or getting viewers tuned in for ratings.

not saying its right, but its just fax.

NFL is more sports entertainment than sports these days.

I believe the vikings/giants game is primetime game sunday 

you better believe theyve got their back against the wall possibly putting out a giants vs vikings without OBJ at the 8:30 slot.

sponsors/network have more say than you think

wouldnt be surprised if he appeals and serves suspension for week 17

Last edited:
Norm really is a diva

You won the game chill out
TBH i was really surprised for him to call for OBJs head on Mike and Mike.

i cant recall the last time i heard a player REALLY speak out and not hide behind "im just glad my team won and its up for the league to decide"

nah...the dude went OFF lol

You talking about the cat on the Steelers? It was just as bad.

Merrweather has had like 10 incidents before. Real bad record.

One of the highest rated regular season games and it wasn't even a national game. NFL got what they wanted.

Yep. That hit was no different then the OZJ hit. Everything else OZJ did was a fine. If they suspend him it'll be because of that hit. NFL should suspend everyone who was guilty of that type of hit. Don't just single out OZJ.

OBJ just messed up hitting Norman

If he hit a nobody, the NFL wouldn't bat an eye and would have just fined him

Before the CAMVP chants :lol:
First 4 games of the season half of the thread was saying Cam is getting bailed out by the defense, but not anymoreeeeee :lol:

Anyway him and Russ have been killing it

I can imagine seeing them play each other again in the playoffs :nerd:

That Norman/OBJ match up went from intrigue to embarrassment. They both looked absolutely foolish. There was nothing "tough" about it.

Norman is no angel, and I'm pretty sure nobody said that he was. He should get a nice heavy fine. Honestly, his antics are very annoying. I don't like it.

BUT

Are people really serious about OBJ not getting suspended?? Or are they just Giants fans/Panthers haters? 

One ran in like a damn missile at the other's head, while he was not looking and could have paralyzed him. The other didn't do that. And you want them to BOTH have the same punishment?? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This whole "the NFL is soft if they suspend OBJ" campaign is tired, man. There was nothing "tough" about that damn play.

First 4 games of the season half of the thread was saying Cam is getting bailed out by the defense, but not anymoreeeeee :lol:

Anyway him and Russ have been killing it

I can imagine seeing them play each other again in the playoffs :nerd:

That will be a great matchup. NFC has some good playoff teams and match ups

Anywho, the Panthers won, but I am not happy about the game at all. Very dissapointing win to go to 14-0. The squad completely lost their composure. 

Anywho, the Panthers won, but I am not happy about the game at all. Very dissapointing win to go to 14-0. The squad completely lost their composure. 
Cam said it best, completely embarrassing to let that team back in the game. But unfortunately for the Falcons we've played them after two disappointing performances.

This whole "the NFL is soft if they suspend OBJ" campaign is tired, man. There was nothing "tough" about that damn play.

Basically. I was surprised OBD isn't getting much more backlash to be honest. If Norman had been seriously injured, :smh:

That Norman/OBJ match up went from intrigue to embarrassment. They both looked absolutely foolish. There was nothing "tough" about it.

Norman is no angel, and I'm pretty sure nobody said that he was. He should get a nice heavy fine. Honestly, his antics are very annoying. I don't like it.

BUT

Are people really serious about OBJ not getting suspended?? Or are they just Giants fans/Panthers haters? 

One ran in like a damn missile at the other's head, while he was not looking and could have paralyzed him. The other didn't do that. And you want them to BOTH have the same punishment?? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

What Odell did was wrong.

What Odell did also happens in the league all the time sadly

If the NFL suspends him it will be only because of the notoriety the situation is getting

Peep this.

Same hit, worse outcome and he probably wont get suspended.

Basically. I was surprised OBD isn't getting much more backlash to be honest. If Norman had been seriously injured, :smh:

Can you imagine if he would have been concussed or worse? No positive was going to come from that reaction by him

But both guys embarrassed themselves in the end. Like someone said it is taking away from a great game and Cam with that final GW drive

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom