OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a really hard time believing the Patriots would've drafted Manziel. 

Gronk and Johnny on the same squad is chaos though. 
laugh.gif
mean.gif
 Gronk's brothers and Johnny's crew joining forces too. Combined IQ lower than the sea level (goldenchild9).

Dudes would turn up on all types of substances and try to break Chico out from prison. Bandziel's people record it all and release the footage through Vine and IG.
Originally Posted by StillIn729  
Irsay should definitely trade Luck.
you'll get the best deal around 2am
roll.gif

Last edited:
I never understand why a coach will adjust for the back up but not do the same for a struggling starter

Most coaches built the weekly gameplan around what the starting quarterback is comfortable with.

They have their weekly Tuesday meeting and the coordinator asks the starting quarterback what he's comfortable with and they work from there.

So more play calls you see on Sunday's have been approved by the starting quarterback in their weekly meeting.

That's why I never understood totally blaming the play caller for the quarterbacks trouble.

Last edited:
Most coaches built the weekly gameplan around what the starting quarterback is comfortable with.

They have their weekly Tuesday meeting and the coordinator asks the starting quarterback what he's comfortable with and they work from there.

So more play calls you see on Sunday's have been approved by the starting quarterback in their weekly meeting.

That's why I never understood totally blaming the play caller for the quarterbacks trouble.

I know this but you can't keep marching out someone who is "hurt" or struggling, at that point you have to bench him or change the gameplan

Hey an Andrew Luck discussion with the same characters pairing the same commentary! How fun for all!

Matt looking for revenge on Pitt this weekend :frown:

People say give Manziel a shot but why? He hasn't looked like a starter at all and the kid keeps getting in trouble.

How did he not look like a starter his last game played? 372 yards on 73% passing.

He hasn't really done anything wrong this season. Whether the Browns dont want him to go out on the weekend or not, I don't consider it getting in trouble in the grand scheme of things. When you think about it he doesn't come close to what Favre was like at the beginning of his career. Favre was a pill popping booze hound. I believe there was even stories of him and Mark Chumura harassing women. Should the Packers, who were also in very tough times before Favre, not have given him a shot?

Manziel is only 22. Give him a chance to mature. Especially if hes performing well.

Last edited:
All I'll say about Luck is what I've been saying. He throws games away. The team isn't as bad as everyone said they were. Matt is living proof of my claims.

I'm never right though...

Last edited:
Hey an Andrew Luck discussion with the same characters pairing the same commentary! How fun for all!

Matt looking for revenge on Pitt this weekend :frown:

Better than the "this is the bengals year!" Discussion

Last edited:
Not from what I remember. He was money right out the gates.

I remember chester making a comment saying he was playing better than Rodgers. He really was.

Was this the Pittsburgh game? Was that his last one?

Not from what I remember. He was money right out the gates.

I remember chester making a comment saying he was playing better than Rodgers. He really was.

he's 1-5 as a starter with the one win coming against the Titans were they put up 28 points and he was 8/15 with 2 TDS

take that game out and they average 11 points a game when he starts

Last edited:
After the Patriots loss, does everyone have Matt Hasselbeck ahead of Tom Brady in MVP voting?

I've got it:
Cam Newton
Carson Palmer
Matt Hasselbeck
Tom Brady
Adrian Peterson

meh he's 1-5 as a starter with the one win coming against the Titans were they put up 28 points and he was 8/15 with 2 TDS

take that game out and they average 11 points a game when he starts

The Browns also have or did have more offensive penalty yards than rushing yards with the worst weapons in the game.

I remember Manziel made that absurd run to the 1 yard line to make it 1st and goal. 2 plays later it was 2nd and goal from the 25 and it had nothing to do with Manziel.

Im speaking on Manziels behalf because ive seen a majority of the games. And I absolutely dont understand the criticisms he's getting with his on field play. Especially given what he did vs the Steelers. I dont think hes even started 8 games yet.

That team is horrendous. Manziel has been fine.

Last edited:
Do we really need to go back and forth on this? My comment was regarding the usual derogatory comments toward Luck, not a discussion on the Colts or Matt.

Edit - that sounds worse than I intended

Last edited:
I don't know how it's any different than somebody comparing Brock vs Peyton of RGIII vs Cousins.

And how those teams have done better with the backup.

The Browns also have or did have more offensive penalty yards than rushing yards with the worst weapons in the game.

I remember Manziel made that absurd run to the 1 yard line to make it 1st and goal. 2 plays later it was 2nd and goal from the 25.

Im speaking on Manziels behalf because ive seen a majority of the games. And I absolutely dont understand the criticisms he's getting with his on field play. Especially given what he did vs the Steelers. I dont think hes even started 8 games yet.

I just don't think he is a good QB, Josh McCown averages double the points Manziel does

I understand the Browns are a mess, I would have liked to see Manziel get his chance to finish out the year but we know how that went

throwing for 372 yards and scoring 9 points is the equivalent of taking home the smoking hot chick and cuddling

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom