OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

There's a old Skins player who was gay back in the day. He's come out after his career.
Yeah ODB ain't gonna announce it til he's done playing
I'm sure he won't say it now because teams gonna tag him a media distraction if he does so
if he has some sort of statement to make, now would be the time to do it.. while he's still very very good

cause when he starts to slip just a bit, teams wont be willing to put up with stuff

if he has some sort of statement to make, now would be the time to do it.. while he's still very very good

cause when he starts to slip just a bit, teams wont be willing to put up with stuff
The thing is, why does he even need to say whether he's straight or gay

NFL once again blew a call that cost a game. They've officially admitted it was a bad holding call in Titans Raiders that should have ended the game.

Refs admitingly cost the Ravens two games this year.

Not that it matters, but we'd be 6-5 instead of 4-7.

:smh:

Originally Posted by Elpablo21  

Who said it NEEDED to be a big story though? I didn't see anything like that from anyone. Most of us in here don't give two ***** about which side of the plate he chooses to bat on a nightly basis (which is why I also found it confusing that @dmxfury  pulled the trigger so quick on his post).

I'm just stating the obvious. Regardless of how we feel, it would be a huge story for the league and the sport.
I dont get what's so hard to understand 
laugh.gif

Seriously. I'm stumped that they're stumped. 
laugh.gif

I mean look at this genius...
Originally Posted by rillo561  

This, and why do people care?
Dude spent the entire summer posting on every single under-inflated balls story and opinion...but he's asking why people would care about this ****. Like that's even the point. 

I figured you weren't the sharpest tool in the shed, but this ain't rocket science bruh.

jjs07 jjs07 yo this is from a article on Monday. Detailing 5 reasons we will win the East. Thought this part was particularly cool.

Leadership. When general manager Scot McCloughan and coach Jay Gruden were looking to add players this offseason, they did so with a big eye on changing the culture. They needed stronger leaders. That’s what they found in players such as safety Dashon Goldson, end Ricky Jean Francois and nose tackle Terrance Knighton. They haven’t been afraid to express their thoughts, either. Here’s what veteran corner Will Blackmon said of Goldson: “He does a good job critiquing every player in the room. You may not like it at the time, but he’s trying to help you get better.” Goldson called a players-only meeting Saturday night just to allow himself -- and many others -- to say whatever they needed. They have plenty of flaws, but every time the ******** have been in position to save their season they have done so with a spirited effort. They haven’t beaten a team that currently has a winning record, but they’re 5-2 against teams with losing records. That leadership and mindset will make a difference in the final five games.

Good stuff, bro. Goldson's play has been up and down, but he has the "C" on his jersey for a reason.

McCloughan has been the single-most important hire this franchise has had in decades. 5-6 record is what it is, but truth of the matter is no one expected the Skins to be on top of the division at the start of December. There is a lot of football yet to be played, so a lot can happen between now and the end of the season. However, with McCloughan's guidance and having roster stability, this team will hopefully continue to trend upwards.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21  

Who said it NEEDED to be a big story though? I didn't see anything like that from anyone. Most of us in here don't give two ***** about which side of the plate he chooses to bat on a nightly basis (which is why I also found it confusing that @dmxfury  pulled the trigger so quick on his post).

I'm just stating the obvious. Regardless of how we feel, it would be a huge story for the league and the sport.
I dont get what's so hard to understand 
laugh.gif

Seriously. I'm stumped that they're stumped. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rillo561  

Dude spent the entire summer posting on every single under-inflated balls story and opinion...but he's asking why people would care about this ****. Like that's even the point. 

I figured you weren't the sharpest tool in the shed, but this ain't rocket science bruh.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Who said it NEEDED to be a big story though? I didn't see anything like that from anyone. Most of us in here don't give two ***** about which side of the plate he chooses to bat on a nightly basis (which is why I also found it confusing that @dmxfury
 pulled the trigger so quick on his post).

I dont get what's so hard to understand :lol:  

Seriously. I'm stumped that they're stumped. :lol:  

:lol: the irony, I can't believe dudes really think this would be swept under the rug and not turned into a national headline

In regards to ODB.....He's not some washed up athlete on his way out of the league, someone retired, or a fringe talent...

You're talking about arguably the best WR in the NFL, that already has endorsements galore, who happens to play in one of the biggest media markets in the world.

[thread="629840"] [/thread]
:lol: the irony, I can't believe dudes really think this would be swept under the rug and not turned into a national headline

did anyone even say that tho?

If no one said it, why are we discussing it at the moment? :nerd:

But clearly you haven't been paying attention ..

All jokes aside Odell is good enough to be gay and have it not be a big deal.

Dude is already in a media market that is super extra how much more of a distraction could it be?

Next time, keep up.

if odb is gay, there might be a smaller backlash than rhodes or sam. odb is an elite player at his position. due to this some teams and players are more likely to overlook his lifestyle (if that were the case) vs if he was mediocre. gay or not, wouldnt mind odb in denver :nerd: . i mean, would any of you mind odb on your favorite team if he was gay? i would say most wouldnt mind.

I may be in the minority, but I think coming out actually hurt Michael Sam's draft status

I could agree. nobody wanted to deal with that extra extra. Why didn't he just wait to come out or why not just go about his business and if people know then they know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom