OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
We used to have dudes hide props like Sharpies and cellphones in the endzones for their celebrations and now we're getting upset about a little dancing?

The pussification of America is real, you guys.

Last edited:
Yeah if he came out as bisexual, that would instantly be the biggest sports story of that year. No doubt in my mind it would be bigger than Deflategate or whatever else.

Of all the players that have ever came out in the 4 major sports, NONE of them are anywhere near OBJ's caliber or reach his notoriety. He's already on his way to becoming a household name now...imagine after this? And like Pabs said, dude plays for a team in the New York market. Oh man. He'd be the most talked about person on the planet for at least a good 1-2 weeks. All the attention in the world from here on out.

The thinkpieces and discussions that would follow would be overwhelming and it would turn into a pile of **** so damn fast. I know that boy loves the spotlight, but he ain't ready for all that scrutiny. More power to him if it ever happens though.

Last edited:

why would it need to be a huge story tho? if hes gay hes gay, big deal.
I dont know what world you live in but it would be nice 

Should it be a big deal? no

You have players within the last few years already come out and say they wouldnt be comfortable with having a teammate being gay, it would be a distraction, they dont agree with the "lifestyle", ect ect. in multiple sports.

There is still a large portion of this country and world that doesnt get down with the LGBT community. There's alot of Chris Culliver's, Daniel Muprhy's and Chris Broussards outchea

Plus he would be the highest profiled athlete currently playing...not even in his prime yet to come out.

The media would milk that cow till it's last drop
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Who said it NEEDED to be a big story though? I didn't see anything like that from anyone. Most of us in here don't give two ***** about which side of the plate he chooses to bat on a nightly basis (which is why I also found it confusing that @dmxfury  pulled the trigger so quick on his post).

I'm just stating the obvious. Regardless of how we feel, it would be a huge story for the league and the sport.

Last edited:
Michael Sam only said he was gay because he knew that would be the only way to make it to the NFL

tbh I'm sure most NFL players don't care anymore that whether you're gay or not
But Odell ain't gonna announce his orientation because of the media though, those guys are like hound dogs and would probably harass him to death if he were to come out the closet

Michael Sam only said he was gay because he knew that would be the only way to make it to the NFL

and he milked it to it's fullest extent in order to keep the 15 minutes of fame going

the whole cake smashing with his boyfriend was so OD

if Odell is gay, it would probably be a good thing for the NFL

Last edited:

Who said it NEEDED to be a big story though? I didn't see anything like that from anyone. Most of us in here don't give two ***** about which side of the plate he chooses to bat on a nightly basis (which is why I also found it confusing that @dmxfury  pulled the trigger so quick on his post).

I'm just stating the obvious. Regardless of how we feel, it would be a huge story for the league and the sport.
I dont get what's so hard to understand 
laugh.gif

if Odell came out his jersey sales would go through the roof from people who barely watch football

it would be a HUGE deal, probably the sports story of the year TBH

tbh I'm sure most NFL players don't care anymore that whether you're gay or not
But Odell ain't gonna announce his orientation because of the media though, those guys are like hound dogs and would probably harass him to death if he were to come out the closet

There's a old Skins player who was gay back in the day. He's come out after his career.

Last edited:
so how about that AR12 decline in play? overrated QB of this generation (after Peyton)? discuss

Last edited:

why would it need to be a huge story tho? if hes gay hes gay, big deal.

Serious?

If the star WR of the New York Midgets came out as a zesty flamer or a part time anal chaser, it would be a GIANT deal bro :lol: .. biggest story in sports status, more coverage then Michael Sam.

you should probably grow up bruh.

Nah you should stop taking things so seriously.

I don't care if he is or not, but to sit here and be naive about it not becoming a big story if he was is ridiculous.

one of the biggest stars in all of sports coming out as gay would be a huge story

There's a old Skins player who was gay back in the day. He's come out after his career.
Yeah ODB ain't gonna announce it til he's done playing
I'm sure he won't say it now because teams gonna tag him a media distraction if he does so

I think sam could have made it.. but for him, it was the smartest thing to do..

he has the potential to make some good money without having to take the beatings (and put in the hard work) that came with being a fringe roster guy

one of the biggest stars in all of sports coming out as gay would be a huge story

Stop making so much sense.

I think dudes are getting it confused as well. We (NTers) don't care, the public/media will care a whole lot about it, which is the point that most of us are making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom