OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

When you start Curry and Mardy Collins, you are NOT a good coach.
When you tell Marbury that you want to reduce his role after a 2-3 start,you are NOT a good coach.
When you neglect David Lee and Renaldo Balkman in terms of minutes for guys like Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries, you are NOT a good coach.
When you are Isiah Thomas, you are NOT a good coach.

e6135415e05ba80dcea81a265e16352cbd62da5.gif

exactly on point my friend. Everything about thatpost. Especailly about Marbury that move is RWALLY underated as a horrible coaching move, cause that one really shot down our whole season and it was after 5games and a 2-3 record. Isiah sucks at GM but...

Isiah GM>>>>>>>>>Isiah coach

Man... 3 times you guys had games you should have won.

There maybe some light coming through the tunnel but Isiah can not be the coach anymore...

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

When you start Curry and Mardy Collins, you are NOT a good coach.
When you tell Marbury that you want to reduce his role after a 2-3 start,you are NOT a good coach.
When you neglect David Lee and Renaldo Balkman in terms of minutes for guys like Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries, you are NOT a good coach.
When you are Isiah Thomas, you are NOT a good coach.
pimp.gif
on point

great loss today, right now at 14-34, 20 games out of .500 there aint even second guessing, keep em coming
pimp.gif
especially vs competition (in the lottery
pimp.gif
)

on a side note fat *#%# had 2 ****ng boards tonight.

This means that other than Q (who played 15 mins and exited with an inj) fatty had the least boards out of all our starters and hes our %%+!%!! center.
mad.gif
mad.gif

this bum is sooooo worthless, i cant stand him
indifferent.gif
If he is back inNY next season i may cry

hope my homie Nate's iight
frown.gif

when I saw this, I felt the need to go to NYC and find Isiah myself

January 31, 2008
Knicks could lose lottery pick to Jazz

Isiah Thomas was greeted in Utah by a story in the Salt Lake Tribune detailing how the Jazz may receive the Knicks' protected lottery pick, which Thomasoriginally traded to Phoenix in the Stephon Marbury deal.
It's complicated, but the pick - later traded from Phoenix to Utah as part of a deal for Tom Gugliotta - has been protected since 2006. But in 2010 it isnot protected, so if the Knicks fail to reach the playoffs that season, Utah gets a lottery pick.

According to the Tribune, the pick was protected through the 25th pick in 2006. Last year it was protected through the 24th pick, this year it is protectedthrough the 23rd pick and next year the 22nd pick.

Thomas was in no mood to discuss the details of that pick, saying "I'm not into that space right now. We'll see where we are in 2010."

Of course, it is unlikely that Thomas will be around in three years which is why he doesn't care about what happens to the Knicks in 2010. Instead, he isdesperate to make the playoffs in the watered-down Eastern Conference, even though the Knicks do own their lottery pick this year.

ya'll still watch them bums?

i gave up on em until i hear they're improved. i just watch the box scores now......

_s suck. Curry with two boards. son should be ashamed of himself...Jamal was quoted as saying how he wants a trade...and i wouldnt blame him if he did...Jeromewants a trade...this useless bum wanting a trade...SMH...

savin me a lotta grey hairs...

Originally Posted by allen3xis

when I saw this, I felt the need to go to NYC and find Isiah myself

January 31, 2008
Knicks could lose lottery pick to Jazz

Isiah Thomas was greeted in Utah by a story in the Salt Lake Tribune detailing how the Jazz may receive the Knicks' protected lottery pick, which Thomas originally traded to Phoenix in the Stephon Marbury deal.
It's complicated, but the pick - later traded from Phoenix to Utah as part of a deal for Tom Gugliotta - has been protected since 2006. But in 2010 it is not protected, so if the Knicks fail to reach the playoffs that season, Utah gets a lottery pick.

According to the Tribune, the pick was protected through the 25th pick in 2006. Last year it was protected through the 24th pick, this year it is protected through the 23rd pick and next year the 22nd pick.

Thomas was in no mood to discuss the details of that pick, saying "I'm not into that space right now. We'll see where we are in 2010."

Of course, it is unlikely that Thomas will be around in three years which is why he doesn't care about what happens to the Knicks in 2010. Instead, he is desperate to make the playoffs in the watered-down Eastern Conference, even though the Knicks do own their lottery pick this year.

yeah i already knew that
frown.gif

this is why we need to make the best out of our lottery picks this year (this is a definite considering our shape and how good this draft is) nd possiblynext year as well. We also need to keep our young guys like Nate and Lee and maybe Balkman or Mal as well and try and develop them and along with the MLE(ARTEST) try and get a little flow (and fire Isiah) by 2010. But thankfully after the Jazz get our pick we will not owe anybody anymore, which we havent beenable to say since Zeke took over
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

Jamal Crawford Honored with Thurman Munson Award

EXCLUSIVE KNICKS ON DEMAND VIDEO
• Crawford Speaks to Media Before Munson Dinner
• Wright, Starks and Clyde on Crawford
• Clyde Presents Munson Award to Crawford

Feb. 5, 2008

Knicks guard Jamal Crawford earned one of the highest honors bestowed on New York athletes on Tuesday night, as he received the prestigious Thurman MunsonAward for all of the off-court work he has done in the community.

Other honorees at the 28th annual Munson Awards Dinner included Yankees third baseman and AL MVP Alex Rodriguez, Mets All-Star third baseman David Wright,Yankees centerfielder Melky Cabrera, Astros great and Brooklyn native Craig Biggio and Olympic figure-skating gold medalist Kristi Yamaguchi.

Crawford received the award at a banquet benefiting the AHRC NYC Foundation, which works with children who struggle with developmental disabilities. The Knicksstar as visibly touched throughout the evening.

"I first found out I was going to be honored right before training camp started, and I was very excited," Crawford said. "I'm honored to behere. I've gotten a lot of awards for a lot of different things, but this is right at the top. When I found out I'd be getting this award I wasecstatic and this day couldn't come fast enough.

"When you have a platform as you do with sports, sometimes it makes you put things in perspective that's bigger than wins and losses. When you havethis platform, it's to use it for good. And my fellow athletes and myself getting this award, we're just trying to continue in (Munson's)footsteps."

Munson, the great Yankees catcher and captain who died in an August 1979 plane crash, was known throughout the New York area for his work with kids. Crawfordsaid he credits Munson for helping mold him into the person he is today.

"He was so selfless," explains Crawford. "He wasn't worried about being a big star or team captain. He was more concerned with the effect hehad on the community, especially children and his devotion to that. I look to have those same goals. We are doing stuff all the time (via my foundation)."

At the ceremony, Crawford was introduced by Knicks legend Walt "Clyde" Frazier, a previous winner of the Munson Award. Frazier spoke glowingly of theKnicks guard and mentioned the approximately $200,000 worth of donations Crawford has made to help those less fortunate in both New York and his hometown ofSeattle.

In naming Crawford's accomplishments, such as completely renovating a library at P.S. 58 in the Bronx as well as constructing a new basketball court at hisalma mater, Rainier High School, Frazier said he has been rejuvenated and motivated to make an even bigger difference in the community himself.

"(This award is) very special because it shows he's concerned about other people" Frazier explained. "So many athletes are maligned becausethey are supposedly selfish, flamboyant, rich and not worrying about other people, but Jamal is an aberration for athletes. And he is such a young guy, whichamazes me. Only 28 years of age, and he formed his foundation. He wanted to give back and make a difference in kids' lives, so I think it's reallyextraordinary."

Crawford's generosity was mentioned by other honorees on Tuesday. Wright said he has long heard stories about the kind of person Crawford is, and is a fanof what the Knicks star does on the court as well.

"Tonight was the first time I formally was introduced to him," said Wright, "But I've become pretty good friends with David Lee and hespeaks very highly of Jamal. I like going out to the Knick games to root him on, and he's what you pay money to come see. He's a guy that can light itup, plays with energy and is very athletic. He puts points on the boards and I enjoy watching him."

John Starks, another former Knicks star who has also won the Munson Award, was also thrilled for Crawford.

"I think it means a lot for Jamal to win this award," said Starks. "The Thurman Munson Award exemplifies players just like Jamal. He has a bigheart and does things outside the court to help others. What Thurman Munson meant to New York, especially in sports, and what he did in the community, to beable to receive this award is a great feeling. You get rewarded on the basketball court for what you do with your athletic ability, and sometimes what you dooutside the court can go unnoticed. So to receive such a prestigious award, in my book, is an incredible feeling."

An extremely humbled Crawford said he doesn't see himself doing anything extraordinary, but rather is living up to what he expects out of himself as a proathlete.

"When I was a kid, how I was raised, this was my vision of a professional athlete. Anybody in the spotlight, that's their responsibility. Youshouldn't do it because you are going to have a lot of press, you should do it from your heart. And I think people can spot out what's real and whatpeople are doing for attention. This is the 28th year [of the Munson Awards). This shows that work in the community is paying off and that we're touching afew lives."

man it kills watching this team lose but its good for us in the long run. this team needs a new direction and a franchise player and this is the year we haveto do it so
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

especially with Miami now getting Marion, they could leapfrog us as the worst team in the east
mad.gif
pimp.gif

I locve and always back up Jamal and i still do and i know most of it has to do cause this team expects him to do to much role wise and play major minutes buthes got to stop settling for jumpers, hes always at his best taking it to the hole with his drive/pullup/floater/layup and he is also great at setting upteamates on the drive. hes shooting WAY too much.

On another note about Jamal
pimp.gif
at him taking the Munson award, good to seea Knick gettng some rep, jamal is a great and humble guy and i think he can and deserves to be on a winning team he plays like a winner, he tries like awinner, and he has winners attitude, he is and always has been on losers teams.
frown.gif
. And a HUGE
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
at him beating out +#!@!!% A rod, i hate that dude.
indifferent.gif

and
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
at RW McQuaters that dude makes me laugh so hard. He LOVES getting cheered, he gets so excited, hes literally been at every game this giants playoffrun and he always gets so excited. He always gets me
roll.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif

i was at the game...its sad that the crowd was so into it, supporting their "heroes" as Clyde would say only for them to choke at the end like theyalways do. Im telling u dudes, I'd lose it if we dont get a top 5 pick in the draft after this season.

Back
Top Bottom