OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

lottery_292.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Isiah is such a !#%@%*% moron even when curry is out he finds a way to +!#* up the game

First of all in Zeke's defense this team couldnt get a !#%@%*% stop to save their own lives. Just a horrible game defensively. and when we did get stops wewere so !#%@%*% undersized, we couldnt get a board. We NEED a center. (and no Eddy curry is not a center since his blocking and rebounding stats are those of amediocre point guard).

But you have to be kidding me Isiah!! Mardy over Nate?! In Crunch time?! That is almost worse than curry over Lee. I mean its one thing to start Mardy and thanplay nate off the bench but still give Nate all but 10-15 mins and have Nate play in the crunch. that was !#%@%*% terrible.

Mardy was plain
sick.gif
sick.gif
I mean first of all it allowed them to double up our scorers in Jamal and Zachcause Mardy is nowhere near a threat (Nate is) so that is a big reason that they were getting swarmed in the 4th. (see that Jamal had a big 15 point 3rd withNate at the point and than waas constintly swarmed in the 4th). And i mean who the +!#* was that pass to?!
sick.gif
mad.gif
So many costly turnovers down the stretch, and he throws up bricks and he is ALWAYS looking to dish but he isnt half the passer that Nate is. Isiahmay be the worst coach in NBA history. a lot of this goes unoticed but most of our bad play and off court sht that has happened was not only because ogf theplayers Isiah has gotten, but his stupid $#$ coaching decisions as well. I mean when Steph left the team and stuff that really started it and he was playingwell and the team was also and Isiah couldnt blame $$@! on curry. Which he continued not to do for like 3 months.
mad.gif
mad.gif

I hate watching my team lose and i always do, but more ping pong balls so lets keep on going.
pimp.gif

I want

a) Beasley
b) Rose
c) Gordon

pick your choice
pimp.gif

Depending on where we land....

First off I want Beasley, then Rose, followed by Jordan than Gordon.

After that, I wouldn't mind another Gtown Center roaming the Garden paint
pimp.gif

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/31/sports/basketball/31magic.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Magic Johnson: "Knicks Will Make Playoffs."

January 31, 2008 - 6:43 am
Johnson_Magic_nba.jpg
New York Times -

The Knicks went 0 for California, but Coach Isiah Thomas left the state with some nice parting gifts - a warm hug and a big endorsement, both from his longtime friend Magic Johnson.

Johnson, the N.B.A. legend and part owner of the Los Angeles Lakers, met with Thomas for about 30 minutes before their teams played Tuesday night. Johnson expressed sympathy and support and made this bold claim about the Knicks: "They're going to make the playoffs. I think that they're going to be a tough eight or seven seed, too."

Not even Thomas is making such confident proclamations these days. Hours after he met with Johnson, Thomas stood in a Staples Center hallway and appeared rightly depressed. The Knicks blew a 9-point lead in the fourth quarter to lose to the Lakers, 120-109. Two nights earlier, they blew a 4-point lead in the fourth quarter of a 106-104 loss to the Golden State Warriors.

For all of their recent progress - and people like Johnson, Lakers Coach Phil Jackson and Warriors Coach Don Nelson has noted it - the Knicks remain flawed and fragile.

They were 0-2 on this five-game trip heading into Wednesday's game against the Jazz, dropping their road record to 4-16. They have yet to win a road game in the Western Conference. The Knicks are no longer being blown off the court every night, but they are not taking significant leaps forward, either.

Still, Johnson beamed with optimism as he spoke outside the visitors' locker room. Johnson also counts Steve Mills, the Madison Square Garden president, and the assistants Mark Aguirre and Herb Williams, among his friends. (Mills tried to hire Johnson to run the Knicks before hiring Thomas in December 2003.)

The Knicks were four and a half games out of the playoff field Wednesday, but Johnson said he was sure they would claim a berth.

"Because you can see that they've turned the corner," he said. "Now everybody knows their roles, their minutes. I watch every game."

Johnson, one of the greatest point guards in NBA history, spoke glowingly about Jamal Crawford and Nate Robinson, who have been leading the charge in recent weeks.

"I love the way Robinson is playing," he said. "Crawford has been one of my favorite players."

Johnson praised the Knicks' gritty performance against the Warriors, who two months earlier had routed them by 26 points. He also pointed to the Knicks' recent victory over the Philadelphia 76ers, who routed them twice in December.

"I can see when teams are starting to make their run," Johnson said. "And I think that they'll settle in after the All-Star break and make their run. No way that I don't see them making that eight, seven seed."

Johnson said the constant losing, the nonstop criticism and the nightly chants of "Fire Isiah!" at the Garden have "taken a toll" on Thomas.

"This is a guy who won championships, who's been nothing but cheered," Johnson said. "This has definitely taken a toll. It's taken a toll on me watching it."

eek.gif
nerd.gif

The sad thing is, Magic is right, we actually do have a shot at making it to the playoffs. Even though we've lost the last few games, they've beenplaying hard and alot better against some of the top western conference teams. The nets are 7 games under 500 and are still in the 8th spot.

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

The sad thing is, Magic is right, we actually do have a shot at making it to the playoffs. Even though we've lost the last few games, they've been playing hard and alot better against some of the top western conference teams. The nets are 7 games under 500 and are still in the 8th spot.

exactly on point. people may laugh when they hear this but he is truly correct. I mean i would rather the Knicks get top but out west they have lost butthey have hung with 3 of the best home teams in the league in their home arena after winning 5 of 7 before that. There is a good chance of them winning a fewon the road but than they could get alot of wins at home, and in the wack east a few wins will put you back in the race. and if they do make the playoffs iagree if they play the right guys they will be a tough 8 or 7 just like they would have been last year. i felt at their peak last year the Knicks were one ofthe best teams in the east and if they would have gotten 8 or 7 they could have made some noise.
EDIT:and for the draft im not too high in Jordan. I thinkbut am not certain he will be a good NBA player. i would much rather either Beasley, Rose, or Gordon all players tat i am certain will be future all stars andplayers (with maybe the exception of Rose who may take a few years to fully breakout) that can step in and be nice right away. I dont think we should do thisas a positional team because almost every single is expendable and whover we draft (no matter what position) should be built around by different posistions.His postition should not matter whoever it is. As a center i would rather love Hibbert being he is one of my favorite players but i dont know oif he would workwith the Knicks, he isnt a great defender and he doesnt really run the floor well either.I think he will be a good pro but i dont think hed fit with us. Ithink we should get one of those 3 players with everything we got in the 1st round and for 2nd round my ieal player would be Memphis' Joey Dorsey, who is atough mother, strong and athletic, a beats on D, but he has a raw offensive game outside of thunderous dunks and is undersized. But i see A LOT of Pistons'Ben Wallace in him, i would love him for round 2.

what would u guys think of drafting thabeet? offense is garbage but hes big and quick. can block anything and rebounds well. camby pt. 2?

^exactly...i think at least the 2 of us being huge gtown fans have pretty much seen everything roy can do. sure he's added that outside shot which i laughat every time, but hes just an average rebounder and defender and needs the right kind of players and system around him to be really effective. i mean look athow he's struggling with out jeff. having thabeet, of course he would be option 6 on offense lol. but he'll do what he's expected to. i'd besurprised if he didnt get 10+ board and 2+ blocks being in the regular rotation. PLUS if the knicks were to bring in someone to work with him on offense (#33please!!!!) he could be come effective from 8 ft and in.

Yeah, I would be interested to see Roy in another system. That shot
laugh.gif
....it's actually pretty nice

I think his defensive presence is underrated, even if he doesn't block shots.

But his potential isn't as great as Thabeet...you can see Thabeet is a little more explosive.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

At this point, I might even take him in the NBA over Roy, typer.

His upside is just incredible.

Agreed. I agree with what both of you are saying 100%. I agree with you about Roy and i think he would strive more in a different system, just because heis a great G Town center doesnt make him Ewing, there games are A LOT different. Thabeets upside is incredible and a player that we could use immensely. butthan again i never trust guys based on just potential alot and i dont think he can do anything really of an immediate impact. And if we do draft Thabeet thatwould be a pick between lets say 9-15 and i would consider that a VERY big disappointment. If we gonna lose top 4 or bust. (and yes know that chance didntwork for Boston last year but at this pojt i would risk it cause anywhere in the top 5 would be alright. And also we are the Knicks and David Stern needs ballto be good in NY just as much as we do)

yea allen...the thing i love about thabeet (no romo) is his explosiveness...dude gets off the floor so quickly

on another note about the draft and Joey Dorsey. Dude had 22 boards and blocks last night
eek.gif

Just to let people know who aint familiar with him, we aint have that since Oak left. He is kinda the anti Curry.

Getting Rose (who will be an elite franchise pg throughout his career and the most athletic pg and hes also 6'4) and Dorsey would be a GREA draft.

and then theres Beasley and Gordon also who are having MONSTER years right now. I think that our choices should be...

1. Beasley
2. rose
3. Gordon

2nd round- DORSEY

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^my man let's not get carried away. i love the knicks too, but you're just dreaming right now. We don't have a top 3 pick just yet. And even if wefinish with the worst record (which won't happen) who's to say that we get one.

Where is Jeff tonight? Only reason I tuned in.

If it's coach's decision...he needs to pull a Spree on PJ

Back
Top Bottom