OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Twilight zone.

Last time I checked, the Knicks were up by 20+.

What the hell is going on?!
laugh.gif

But I'm sayin as far as I know...he's never coached, not as an assistant, nothing but commentating games

I'm not doubting his knowledge or the potential coaching ability.

I'm not saying we need a big name either, but I just dont know if handing this mess over to him right now would work

how would Dennis Rodman do as an NBA coach? Or at least as an assistant?
laugh.gif
Since he wanted to coach in the WNBA.... That would be hilarious if Zeke broughthim in as an assistant
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Why would you guys want someone with no coaching experience?

cuz mark action jackson was one of the best team players to ever put on a knicks jersey. why wouldnt you want him as coach? look at our recent history with hall of fame coaches lenny wilkens, lb...did they do anything noteworthy? its clear we need a fresh start and somebody like mark jackson would bring that. look at what the nets did when they fired byron scott and had lawrence frank takeover. what about when pat riley peaced out for miami and we gave that short bald young guy a shot at coaching? what was his name? what did he do?

Exactly what i've been saying, well put my man. Also another example, even when the Mavs were winning they fired experienced Don Nelson for 0 experiencedassistant Avery Johnson, and he put them on another level by actually teaching them some defense. Mark Jackson needs to coach this team. Also, yes, JVG was 0experiened but he was Nellie's assistant as well as Avery Johnson, but right now what does experience matter? This team is going no where for at leastanother year so let him get the experience until we put a nice team together for him, starting around our draft pick this June. I believe that Lawrence Frankwas not even an assistant, and i remember right when he took over frm Scott (who took them to the Chip 3 times i think) they went on a 15 game WS

anyway
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
at the Knicks cruising by the possible best team in the east, moving the ball and playing sick D. Showing signs of the 90s holdingthem to 65 points and 42 through 3 quaters before letting our scrubs finish the game off

But on anpther note... Curry still sucks

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Why would you guys want someone with no coaching experience?

cuz mark action jackson was one of the best team players to ever put on a knicks jersey. why wouldnt you want him as coach? look at our recent history with hall of fame coaches lenny wilkens, lb...did they do anything noteworthy? its clear we need a fresh start and somebody like mark jackson would bring that. look at what the nets did when they fired byron scott and had lawrence frank takeover. what about when pat riley peaced out for miami and we gave that short bald young guy a shot at coaching? what was his name? what did he do?

Exactly what i've been saying, well put my man. Also another example, even when the Mavs were winning they fired experienced Don Nelson for 0 experiencedassistant Avery Johnson, and he put them on another level by actually teaching them some defense. Mark Jackson needs to coach this team. Also, yes, JVG was 0experiened but he was Nellie's assistant as well as Avery Johnson, but right now what does experience matter? This team is going no where for at leastanother year so let him get the experience until we put a nice team together for him, starting around our draft pick this June. I believe that Lawrence Frankwas not even an assistant, and i remember right when he took over frm Scott (who took them to the Chip 3 times i think) they went on a 15 game WS

anyway
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
at the Knicks cruising by the possible best team in the east, moving the ball and playing sick D. Showing signs of the 90s holdingthem to 65 points and 42 through 3 quaters before letting our scrubs finish the game off

But on anpther note... Curry still sucks

EDIT: also i just remembered...

Who didnt even compete now Flip Murray?!!
roll.gif
roll.gif

it feels nice to be able to talk @*+$ again, but i guess they can come right back and say that was there 10th loss while that was our 10th win.
smh.gif

also, why was Steph out?

Anyone catch the game on MSG when Walt "Clyde" Frazier quoted Confucius?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The only reason I still watch these Knicks is for the commentary.

clyde is awesome. first of all, just listening to him s.a.t. prep, secondly, he has a thyme for eveything, and suits are always fly. clyde on the mic = gold.

in other news........i'm tired of hearing things about steph

[table][tr][td]Marbury Sits, Status With Team In Question[/td] [/tr][tr][td]January 14, 2008 - 9:05 am[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Marbury_Stephon_nyk.jpg
New York Post -
Stephon Marbury mysteriously sat out last night's win over the Pistons with an alleged sore left ankle, prompting Isiah Thomas to question Marbury's future with the club.

Thomas and Stephon Marbury appear on the outs again.

"He's not playing tonight," Thomas said before last night's stunning 89-65 Garden rout of the Pistons. "So we'll cross that bridge when we come to it if he does decide to play again."

Thomas' reckless remark comes two days after Marbury made comments depicting frustration with his lesser role, referring to it as "passive." [READ][/td] [/tr][/table]
another day, another problem with steph.

Just because he knows how to play good basketball in NY doesn't mean he knows how to coach it.

Honestly, I'll take whoever as long as Isiah is out for good and a competent GM is at the desk.

yea but clearly people who have proven to coach good basketball else where havent worked out here either. so why wouldnt you go out on a limb? plus markjackson would bring respect back to the head coaching position. players and fans alike would respect him which is far more than anyone can say about IT

found a rumor on Yahoo! about potential replacements for Isiah coaching and GMing...

"With Isiah Thomas' status as New York Knicks president and head coach on shaky ground, there are several talented candidates for either positionowner James Dolan could consider hiring should he decide to let Thomas go. Coaching candidates might include: former Chicago Bulls coach Scott Skiles; TomThibodeau, former Knicks assistant, now one of the aides for the resurgent Boston Celtics; Rick Carlisle, former coach of the Indiana Pacers; Mark Jackson,former Knicks guard, though no head coaching experience hurts; and Jeff Van Gundy, the top qualified candidate out there and last Knicks coach with a winningrecord. General manager candidates could be: Jerry Colangelo, former Phoenix Suns owner; Donnie Walsh, former Pacers CEO and a Bronx product; Jerry West,"The Logo," who saw his star fall in with the Memphis Grizzlies, but he built champions with the Los Angeles Lakers; Donn Nelson, son of the GoldenState Warriors' coach; and another former Knick, Greg Anthony." Source: New York Daily News

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
if JVG comes back (i doubt it with this team though) and
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
at my top guy Mark Jackson. Skiles dont take no @*!@ and is tough and likeJVG he makes his guys play D so i wouldnt mind him for this team either, and i dont know too much about the other guys.

and as for GM, i would like any of those guys. I definitley wouldnt mind a good basketball mind and proven GMs like Colangelo or Walsh or even West. And GregAnthony seems like he knows what he's doing and hes a former Knick and im all for having 2 young guys taking over in Jackson and Anthony, but for a Gm iwould probably rather a Colangelo or walsh. We could have 2 NYers take over in Jackson (Queens) and Walsh (Brooklyn)

Either way im sure every guy mentioned above is better than Isiah
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Allen3xis I agree with you about Jackson coaching...I don't get all the fanfare about him. What has he done?! I dont need someone who has head coachingexperience but you have to at least have some experience coaching in the league like Avery Johnson and JVG did. They were groomed and mentored by HOF coaches.I do not think Mark Jackson is the right fit. I dont get why some of you guys are so high on him. Honestly the coaching pool out there is very average....Ithink we should look for a young up and coming assistant on a good team right now. Thats the direction I would go in if I was in charge of this search.

I don't know Mark Jackson personally, but he seems a bit too calm and passive, similar to Isiah. I loved him as a player, but I honestly don't see himbeing able to coach this team.

I'd take JVG or maybe even Skiles. But more importantly, we need a GM!

Originally Posted by THE GR8

found a rumor on Yahoo! about potential replacements for Isiah coaching and GMing...

"With Isiah Thomas' status as New York Knicks president and head coach on shaky ground, there are several talented candidates for either position owner James Dolan could consider hiring should he decide to let Thomas go. Coaching candidates might include: former Chicago Bulls coach Scott Skiles; Tom Thibodeau, former Knicks assistant, now one of the aides for the resurgent Boston Celtics; Rick Carlisle, former coach of the Indiana Pacers; Mark Jackson, former Knicks guard, though no head coaching experience hurts; and Jeff Van Gundy, the top qualified candidate out there and last Knicks coach with a winning record. General manager candidates could be: Jerry Colangelo, former Phoenix Suns owner; Donnie Walsh, former Pacers CEO and a Bronx product; Jerry West, "The Logo," who saw his star fall in with the Memphis Grizzlies, but he built champions with the Los Angeles Lakers; Donn Nelson, son of the Golden State Warriors' coach; and another former Knick, Greg Anthony." Source: New York Daily News

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
if JVG comes back (i doubt it with this team though) and
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
at my top guy Mark Jackson. Skiles dont take no @*!@ and is tough and like JVG he makes his guys play D so i wouldnt mind him for this team either, and i dont know too much about the other guys.

and as for GM, i would like any of those guys. I definitley wouldnt mind a good basketball mind and proven GMs like Colangelo or Walsh or even West. And Greg Anthony seems like he knows what he's doing and hes a former Knick and im all for having 2 young guys taking over in Jackson and Anthony, but for a Gm i would probably rather a Colangelo or walsh. We could have 2 NYers take over in Jackson (Queens) and Walsh (Brooklyn)

Either way im sure every guy mentioned above is better than Isiah
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
ya but the thing with Skiles is even though he doesn't tolerate
4f8354e9d901dfb4b049081e831a450698e3ed1.gif
, his players will eventually tune him out, just like they did inChicago............ He's almost a dictator-like coach, as you saw with the Ben Wallace headband issue last season....... But regardless, he'd do betterthan Zeke is currently doing....

Just wanted to ask one question? do you guys understand what its going to take(TIME and MONEY) to get rid of ALL the BAD pieces? because thats what is going tohappen Isiah will be fired as GM and coach and someone new will come in and get THEIR kind of players. you have a cancers in steph and zbo(hustle wise), bumsin Jefferies, James, Rose, Morris, Chandler, Balkman i mean you just have crawford and curry and thats a stretch too.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Just wanted to ask one question? do you guys understand what its going to take(TIME and MONEY) to get rid of ALL the BAD pieces? because thats what is going to happen Isiah will be fired as GM and coach and someone new will come in and get THEIR kind of players. you have a cancers in steph and zbo(hustle wise), bums in Jefferies, James, Rose, Morris, Chandler, Balkman i mean you just have crawford and curry and thats a stretch too.

Curry sucks. Don't let his ppg fool you.....

Back
Top Bottom