OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Good loss.

I've thought about this and it'd be hilarious...since the one thing Isiah can do is draft.

Keep him around, make him think he still has his job....have him scout, do the draft camps, etc

With the Number ___ Pick in the 2008 NBA Draft.....NYK Select_______

Then fire him immediately after, have it announced at the draft too

whats good with the rumor of zbo maybe being traded to the bucks? zbo has been a bad acquisition so far because when he gets the ball everything stops. whatwould the bucks offer for zbo because right now we need to let curry and zbo go lol.

You know it's bad when you have Rafer freakin' Alston calling out guys
laugh.gif

http://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/ny-spberg105532264jan10,0,4564641.column

"They have some good guards, but they need a floor general," Alston said last night before the Rockets beat the Knicks, 101-92. ". . . It's like us. We play inside-out, so now what better shot do you have? Instead of your guards going one-on-one all the time, now your guards get wide-open looks from the double-team. I think they're not understanding that."

Every guard the Knicks put on the floor is a score-first guard, with the exception of Mardy Collins, who is a never-scores guard. Alston, who was certain he was getting traded last summer only to impress Rockets coach Rick Adelman in training camp, seemed eager to show the Knicks what a point guard is supposed to do.

"Each night you see the Knicks' box score and the guards only have two or three assists," Alston said. "... Where's the ball going?"

"New York Knicks coach Isiah Thomas was asked about possible trades before Wednesday night's game against the Houston Rockets, which was appropriateconsidering that Rockets guard Tracy McGrady's name has started coming up in trade rumors.

It's just more interesting now because the Rockets might consider breaking up Yao Ming and McGrady, and guess who would love to get McGrady?

Thomas, of course, would welcome McGrady to New York with a ticker-tape parade. He drafted T-Mac with the Toronto Raptors, so he has a history with him.

Source: New York Daily News"

I would love T Mac in NY, he was my favorite player back in Orlando. If we can get him somehow and than get a top pick also (which we will) use it on some helpfor him like Beasley or Rose, we in buisness. And if we can get Artest as well!! But also if that Milwaukee rumor is right, i love mo Williams and lord knowswe need a pg, than we can draft Gordon or Beasley to give him some help along with Mal.

Houston needs a pf and although Z Bo dont pass he could still work next to a center that plays D like Yao as long as he knows that Yao is #1.

I know these are a little biased but...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1017~703~532&teams=10~10~18&te=&cash=

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...~2986~2997~990&teams=18~18~23~23~23&te=&cash=

and if its Zach to milwaukee...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...22~2178~2986~1017&teams=18~18~15~15&te=&cash=

No McGrady please. What does his contract look like?

I don't want anyone who is going to#$$+ salary or years. This season is a loss, and TMac on the Knicks to start out next season wont get us anywhere. Surewe may win more games, but more wins=less ping-pong balls.

No thanks.

Forget offensive players, we having a billion scorers we NEED DEFENSE. What good is having tmac if the opposing team is still going to outscore us.

man Tracy will not get this team into the playoffs this season...... Zeke might as well bring in VC from the Nets and have the cousins reunite
laugh.gif
smh.gif
TheKnicks just don't fit together.... they'd be a real good And 1 team, but not NBA team
indifferent.gif

^^^I know this seasons lost buut this is about the future. Jesus couldnt save this team alone, so while a top pick would be great, it is worthless unless weget some help around him. If we get a scorer like Beasley of Gordon we need to get a pg to get them the ball, and now may be the time to do it if Milwaukeewants Z Bo cause Mo Williams' game is nice. and if we do get a pg like Rose we need guys that they can distribute to like a T Mac. But im down withCrawford starting at the 2, so what we really need are some big men. Big men that play D, and at east one of them that can score even just a little.

^I would do ZBo for Mo Williams in a heartbeat. T-Mac only has two years left if we acquire him without giving up too much it is not a bad trade.

The GR8..I was at the game on Wed. too. Although Yao was torchin us all night we played decent. Isaiah getting ejected actually deflated us it seemed.

Anyone goin to the game tonight? If you are, let me know. I'll be walkin around workin (started last week). Holla at me and say wassup.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/50240/20080111/willis_reed_dont_give_up_on_eddy_zach/Link
Willis Reed: Don't Give Up On Eddy-Zach

January 11, 2008 - 3:54 am
Randolph_Zach_nyk.jpg
New York Post -
Knicks' legend Willis Reed said yesterday it's too early to split the so-far failing Eddy Curry-Zach Randolph tandem.

"If I had Curry and Zach on my team, I wouldn't give up on them yet," Reed told The Post after appearing at the NBA Store yesterday to promote the NBA's new partnership with Kia. "I love Zach. I was happy the Knicks were able to acquire him. I'd walk in the room and say, guys, don't give up on yourselves. Eventually it will come. I would tell them to stop the reading the papers. Eddy is a very talented player and I hope he doesn't get discouraged."

tired.gif

Contrary to inaccurate talk-show babble and an unswerving disregard for doing homework on all fronts by Daily News columnist Mitch Lawrence, both free agent executives (Jerry West and Jerry Colangelo) would welcome the challenge to re-wire (Madison Square) Garden
Do you think West or Colangelo could turn it around? Would dolan be smart enough to at least talk to them?

^ No they could not turn this mess around right away. It would take time........ And no James "$$$$" Dolan would not care enough to talk to them. Hewouldn't even give Kiki Vandeweghe an interview a couple of weeks ago and he was interested in taking over the Knicks...
smh.gif
The root of the problem wasScott Layden (the old GM) and now James Dolan (the owner).

i wouldnt mind seeing tmac in a knicks jersey... forget the draft.... we always @#$% it up anyway
smh.gif
, get tmac and we got a better team
1marbury
2crawford
3 Tmac
4 randolph
5 curry

^ the Knicks don't need someone who needs the ball to be most effective who also doesn't play much D. They need a Charles Oakley/John Starks/DennisRodman/Charles Barkley/Partick Ewing/Hakeem Olajuwon type player.......
laugh.gif

basically they need defense, rebounding, hustle, and heart.......

all they need to do is continue the way they way they've been playing all season
laugh.gif

ya that's the sad part
laugh.gif

I am all for tanking....play the young dudes. Lets see Chandler and Morris out there! SMH @ Eddy and Zach...dudes defense is not even respectable...theydon't deserve to play at the Garden.

New York Daily News -
Stephon Marbury revealed Friday night that he is struggling to adjust to his new role in Isiah Thomas' offense, suggesting that for the money the Knicks are giving him, they should expect more out of him.

"I didn't get paid the money I got paid to do what I'm doing now," said Marbury, who is the NBA's fourth-highest paid player at $20.1 million. "I got paid to be a scoring guard. ... Now I'm playing more of a passive role."

Marbury finished with 13 points, eight assists, and four rebounds in last night's 99-90 loss to Toronto. Thomas has designed the offense to feature Eddy Curry, Zach Randolph, and Jamal Crawford.

Friday night, Randolph was held scoreless, and Curry had just six points. Crawford scored 27.

"It's not working out right now," Marbury said of Curry being the centerpiece.

New York Post -
Despite Monday's defiant remarks that he has no plans to leave the Knick bench, the New York Post is reporting that Isiah Thomas actually vented in a conversation to a friend a day later that he is indeed considering stepping away from coaching to concentrate on the team presidency, according to a source.

In Thomas' conversation with his friend, according to the source, Thomas named only three players whom he likes - David Lee, Nate Robinson, and Jamal Crawford.

and best of all...

New York Daily News -
After all the losing Isiah Thomas has done - both on and off the court - the Knicks' president and head coach appears to be finally losing the support of his strongest ally as well.

Garden chairman James Dolan recently told confidants that he knows a coaching change must be made and that he is preparing to do just that, according to a source close to Dolan. No timetable was given, but the source indicated that Dolan is leaning toward making a change before the end of the season.

Dolan's change of heart comes 10 months after he rewarded Thomas with a contract extension believed to be worth $24 million. Also, two months ago a Garden official leaked a story to three newspapers that Thomas still had the support of ownership.

It is not clear whether Dolan would allow Thomas to continue in his role as the team's highest-ranking decision-maker once he is removed from the bench. Such a scenario would seem unlikely, but Thomas' survival skills should never be underestimated.

Last night, Thomas sounded like a coach who knows that his time is running short. Thomas compared himself to the construction worker who lays the foundation to a house for someone else to live in.

"When you move into your house, the guy who poured the concrete never really gets a chance to live in that beautiful house that he built," Thomas said. "Our job right now is to make sure that we lay the concrete and that we lay it correctly."

Just came home and found these articles that are all pretty big for us.

First, ma homie Steph speaks the truth. Although he was highly critisized as a scoring guard for being a ball-hog, it is where he had most success and made him$. He averaged 22 and 8 doing that also. I totally agree with Stph, let him be aggressive. And he also acknowleged that bum soft fat %$$%* Curry isnt workingout as the centerpiece.

Also Isiah acknowledges that th only 3 players he likes are Lee, Nate, and Crawfordd which is the players who i have been saying who we need to keep. Thoseguys could be part of our future, but he NEEDS to give Balkman burn also.

and most importantly Dolan said a coaching chanege may be coming. ABOUT TIME.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom