OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Link
Balkman Has Been Offered For Artest
January 3, 2008 - 11:05 am
Balkman_Renaldo_nyk.jpg
Sacramento Bee -
Renaldo Balkman has been offered in various deals for Ron Artest as an alternative to David Lee, but it's made no difference.

The Kings are interested in Lee and Nate Robinson.

trade lee and nate for artest? if we were a good team, sure why not? we need a good three............but this team is awful. we need to keep our youth.

if we get artest, does that make us a playoff team? we should be a playoff team now and we're not, so i don't see him making that big of a difference.

curry and nate for artest? why not? do it isiah.

Curry and Balkman for Artest!!!

i want to hold on to lee and Nate especially Lee, but if we are getting Artest who needs Balkman? PLEASE work something out for Artest, that will be the bestday for the Knicks in about 4 years.

BRING MY HOMIE HOME!!!!

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Curry and Balkman for Artest!!!

i want to hold on to lee and Nate especially Lee, but if we are getting Artest who needs Balkman? PLEASE work something out for Artest, that will be the best day for the Knicks in about 4 years.

BRING MY HOMIE HOME!!!!

YES!!! i think this may be the first time I'm agreeing with you in the history of these knicks threads lol
If knicks trade balkman, i'm killing someone.
If you havent noticed dude has played no more than 15 mins since november, has 2 DNPs in the last 4 games and has clearly fallen out offavor...that said...i still love his hustle...but if it means bringing in artest who no one can argue would not be an improvement over balkman then by allmeans please do it...at least give us something to be excited about

If you havent noticed dude has played no more than 15 mins since november, has 2 DNPs in the last 4 games and has clearly fallen out of favor...that said...i still love his hustle...but if it means bringing in artest who no one can argue would not be an improvement over balkman then by all means please do it...at least give us something to be excited about
lol I could see Isiah pulling this off to save himself a few boos. This will stop the fire Isiah chants for a week before fans realize that theteam still sucks w/ or w/o Artest
roll.gif
Knicks need to rebuild and get rid ofIsiah

No end in sight. I think Lee should just be let go if it's going to further his career. Right now a lot of people's potentials and careers are beingstymied because of this mess. Look at Channing Frye and the good work he's been experiencing with the Trailblazers. A handful of other players have alsobenefited from being traded and have done well with other teams. It's this system from the top down and includes ownership & management most of all andwhile we all can say this team ha been playing without any heart overall, things went quickly downhill as soon as Isiah called out members of his team and madea premature fuss in like the third game of the season. Of course, right now a plate of chicken curry & roti are worth more than Eddie Curry himself. I likelittle Nate, he has a huge heart, but package him up with some more players, perhaps Mardy Collins, Jared Jeffries and Quentin Richardson and just get onedecent player who can play his position consistently. I can't even think of anyone who would fit the bill at this hour of the night, but a medium sizedforward of guard for sure. Man, this is a travesty of a season. One of the worst, if not worst I've ever seen from the Knicks. Rock bottom style.

QUESTION:
As a Kings fan/follower, what do you guys (Knicks fans) see in Ron Artest, that we don't?

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

QUESTION:
As a Kings fan/follower, what do you guys (Knicks fans) see in Ron Artest, that we don't?

defense, someone that plays hard, intensity, toughness, heart, basically everything the Knicks don't have....

^he does bring all that, he will cripple your offense though. Your guys' ball movement and shot selection is already pretty bad. I think a developedBalkman could bring you guys exactly what u guys want from Artest. Plus i really don't know if one player will be able to completely change the entireteam's mind set, work ethic, and heart.

^he does bring all that, he will cripple your offense though. Your guys' ball movement and shot selection is already pretty bad. I think a developed Balkman could bring you guys exactly what u guys want from Artest. Plus i really don't know if one player will be able to completely change the entire team's mind set, work ethic, and heart.

ya I guess not....... It's a hopeless situation here in NYC..... they'll give us slight hope and get just enough wins sometime during the season toend up with just enough of a bad draft pick to not get Rose, Mayo, Beasley, Gordon........
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
and the Ewing curse continues to haunt this franchise

QUESTION:
he's a new yorker and wants to be home...he only says it every chance he gets

^So did Steph.. doesn't mean it will be a good situation in the long run. The Knicks need to just scrap what they have and any future direction theyplanned on because the current scheme isn't working, and hasn't been for a while.

i think the media and fans made much more out of steph's homecoming...i dont remember him ever saying anything about wanting to come back toNY...especially not as much as Artest. every chance ron gets, every interview, every news paper article i read he says something about how much he wants to beback in NY, how he was so upset the knicks didn't draft him, and how he wants to come home and make a difference...no one is saying that Ron Artest is thesecond coming of Jesus...in fact...i dont even think Jesus could help us...Maybe a squad of Jesus, Buddha, Zeus could get something done...but the fact of thematter is that Ron would come and play with heart

I don't even want Artest, unless he comes with a big expiring contract.

Ron Artest will not help this team win. We'll be happy we got a quality player for a little while, but then we'll get frustrated and again wonder"where are the wins?"

Sound familiar, right?

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

i think the media and fans made much more out of steph's homecoming...i dont remember him ever saying anything about wanting to come back to NY...especially not as much as Artest. every chance ron gets, every interview, every news paper article i read he says something about how much he wants to be back in NY, how he was so upset the knicks didn't draft him, and how he wants to come home and make a difference...no one is saying that Ron Artest is the second coming of Jesus...in fact...i dont even think Jesus could help us...Maybe a squad of Jesus, Buddha, Zeus could get something done...but the fact of the matter is that Ron would come and play with heart

Nah, I remember Steph saying he would love to come home... maybe not as much as Artest, but he probably wasn't asked as much as Artest since back thenthe Knicks were a reasonably good team, and not really in a situation where they looked like they'd make a move for a guy like Stephon.
And one playerplaying with heart will only get us so far. Steph played with all the heart in the world when he got here. Look at him now. That's what constant losingdoes to a player.

And remember, this is Ron Artest we're talking about here. He's not exactly the quintessential good guy player. You really think someone like him willdeal with all the crap that the Knick players have been dealing with? I mean, he wanted out of Indiana a year after they stood by him through the "attackof the killer players" fiasco.

when steph first came he was excited. when they interviewed him about the situation and phoenix telling him he got traded but to the knicks his eyes lit uplol. i still remember one of the first plays he had as a knick a bullet chest pass to keith van horn lol. he def played with heart during his early knickcareer. teammates weren't even ready for his passes because they said they never had a point guard who can pass like that. now we are here stuck in thissituation. i dont care i'll take artest right now just to show the other players how to play with heart and you already know he got that queens QB in him
pimp.gif
. as for tonight duncan is about to put in some serious work, can't wait to see curry and zbo get beasted on.

Why would people want Ron here, this team needs to be imploded...start from scratch (use the young guys ie. Nate, Lee, Balkman, etc)

Back
Top Bottom