OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

^Nah thats silly man. Your post is ridiculous. First of all what did you expect him to say? I am not defending Isiah but:

1) He did not ruin the franchise. Dolan did...look at what Dolan allowed Layden to do.

2)If you were a new GM you should have the attitude that you are going to win a championship from day one. Any GM would say that...that is the goal as a GM orany sports franchise. Your overall goal is to win a title; obviously of course you have to make the playoffs. But that doesnt mean you dont say that you wantto lead a team to a championship. Thats his goal and what he wanted to do. Why would you have a problem with a man having a goal?

SMH @ yet another horrible attempt by a Nets fan to joke on the Knicks.

I completely forgot about Scott Layden era but I honestly think Isiah has did more damage though, I mean yes Isiah did get rid of players like ShandonAnderson, Clarence Weatherspoon,Etc. But Isiah has also taken on and given players with bad contracts and it seems like the Laydens Knick era played with moreheart than this current Knick Team. And Flatbush I just found it funny that Thomas said his goal is to win a championship, yes any GM is suppose to say thatbut in the Knicks situation that will not happen while he is the coach/gm.

I've said it before, I'll say it again...

tank.jpg

the sad part is that i don't even think that we are tanking, i just think that we are terrible.

it's really a shame that this team of overpaid players gets blown out every night. it's sad.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

^i see the light, but how much can the draft really help this team? seriously?

Well, it can only help if a horrible season also gets rid of Isiah. My hope is that we look so bad that Dolan has to let go of Isiah. I don't know whatthat'll take, but getting a top 3 pick this season would be much better than 33-49 for the next 10 seasons.
I just think it'll be a stepping stone.Things can only get better if they get worse. I don't think that's ever been more true than now and with this team. I just hope the basketball gods seeit that way, too.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

the sad part is that i don't even think that we are tanking, i just think that we are terrible.

Yeah, we just stink. This team isn't tanking.

They need to tank, though. What's the point of trying to win now? Just get Isiah out of here already.

Originally Posted by DonnieDarko67

I completely forgot about Scott Layden era but I honestly think Isiah has did more damage though, I mean yes Isiah did get rid of players like Shandon Anderson, Clarence Weatherspoon,Etc. But Isiah has also taken on and given players with bad contracts and it seems like the Laydens Knick era played with more heart than this current Knick Team. And Flatbush I just found it funny that Thomas said his goal is to win a championship, yes any GM is suppose to say that but in the Knicks situation that will not happen while he is the coach/gm.

Ah I see what you are saying. I agree with you about players from the Layde era playing with more heart. We know that Isiah will not win a championshiphere but he still thinks that and quite frankly he has to say that. He is never going to come out to the media and say this is a mess but...he is not foolingthe true fans. I cant disagree what he is selling is ridiculous.

Trade nobody. Fire nobody.

Let them all suffer.

Ya'll don't think that half of these knuckleheads are slouching simply because they would LOVE to get traded? Or if they ARE playing hard, that theySTILL want to get out of NY?

Nah, F that. Keep everybody here and let them work it out. To lose a year off of their career is a good enough punishment for the players. And having to endureheckling and booing from the home crowd as well as not even being able to walk the streets of NY is a good enough punishment for the coach.

I say sign Spree. Son would come back on a mission so happy to be back in the L again.
laugh.gif

sign this man back......
754354eadfb5d28db6440b6384cb09f64d19b0f.jpg
at least for a 10 day contractor something
laugh.gif

because Curry is basically disgracing the Knicks #34 jersey
smh.gif
But realisticallyif Dolan doesn't fire Isiah or no major trades happen, Isiah has to go hard on these players every day. Call them out, do something. Do whatever it takesto get in the player's heads. What does he really have to lose in NYC?
laugh.gif
. Itcan't get any worse than this..... That's the only way to have any chance of doing anything this season, because tanking a season doesn't guaranteea top 3-4 pick as the Celtics showed last season.

I haven't been to the sports forum in a while let alone since the knicks have been stinking up this season but....this has caught my eye

CHICAGO BULLS
6 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991. 1992. 1993. 1996. 1997. 1998
NEW YORK KNICKS
2 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1970. 1973

WAIT, YOU'RE A BULLS FAN AND A KNICK FAN??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE HELL??????????
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

HTB, you think its a smart idea to be tanking games??? look what happened to the Celtics man.

So you'd prefer we continue to try to win games... and end up with a late lottery pick... and still outside of the playoffs?

More ping pong balls > More wins with this team. They aren't getting anywhere near the playoffs this season, and even if they do they'll only beswept out of the first round.

A high pick will be a start. I'm not expecting to get a franchise player out of this draft. I just want Isiah out, and to get a GM in here whose willingto go in another direction. 'Cause this roster, the way it's built right now, is not going to go anywhere as long as it's together.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Damn, John Salmons looked like a megastar aginst us. SMH....
Every role player does against us, lol. When we play Philly, I bet you Calvin Booth is gonna drop 26 & 14 on us.

Anyhoo, I don't really know why I want this, but can someone post or pm the new sig for me. I accidentally deleted it.

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

I haven't been to the sports forum in a while let alone since the knicks have been stinking up this season but....this has caught my eye

CHICAGO BULLS
NEW YORK KNICKS

WAIT, YOU'RE A BULLS FAN AND A KNICK FAN??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE HELL??????????
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
no I started following the Knicks since I moved to NYC in 01, Before that Ifollowed the Bulls. What are you objecting my "fanhood" of this team for? It's not like you're proud to be a "fan" of this teamright now......
smh.gif

Nah, BullsRepeat is cool.

He's added some good insight to the thread.

At first I though "great, a Bulls fan"... but he's a solid addition to out NT Knick fanbase
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

also hire Patrick to work part time with Eddy Curry down low and Oak to help him with rebounding and toughen him up

Curry is beyond work. He is GARBAGE. We better off working on Jerome $+$!@+! James. either get rid of Curry or sit his soft, fat, lazy%%%% on thebench for good.

Also Isiah has done a VERY nice job in the draft and always has since his Toronto days. Lee at 30 was a HUGE steal, but also Nate Robinson was a nice pick,Balkman was a steal at 20, he picked up ariza in round 2, Channing Frye seeme to be a nice pick in that *!!# draft, etc. He is a great drafting GM, thats it,which is an upgrade from the worst drafting GM in NBA history in Layden. Frederic #!%%++# Weis. But honestly, how can you +#@% up in his draft, there are 4players that i would not mind at all either way with that #1 choice.

And yes tanking IS the right choice. Sure the Cs mighta not went as high as they want, but #5 is certainly a whole lot better than winning game and getting #10without a chance at #1, at least they had a chance they got unlucky. In this draft any of the top 5 picks would be equally good, but since we are the Knicks,if we are ANYWHERE in the top 5 or 6 guarentee we get that #1, see Patrick Ewing. And also yes these players are tanking, if we would have benced Curry like wehave been doing and we actually wanted to win like in the beginning of the season, this team would be a plaoff team. But honestly, i wouldnt be suprised if wedidnt get another wn all season, i truly cant see this team beating anyone. I guarentee you we will AT LEAST go on a 12 game skid. Book it.

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

CHICAGO BULLS
NEW YORK KNICKS

WHAT THE HELL??????????
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom