OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

i think he had like seven rebounds in the second quarter alone. he would have got more burn if the game wasn't out of reach.

we win this game if jamal plays, i think.

roll.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
@ Night at the Starbury...

2006: 33-49
3000: 33-49
1482: 33-49
Marbury off the bench: 33-49
Eddy Curry at the point: 33-49
Knicks sign Lebron: 33-49
Jesus signs: 33-49
Knicks, only team in the NBA: 33-49

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Link
Isiah On The Firing Line

December 31, 2007 - 12:20 am
Thomas_Isiah_nyk.jpg
New York Post -
Isiah Thomas has made it through 2007, but even his players were wondering how long he can last in 2008 after a 100-83 loss to the Bulls yesterday.

"You can't help but think about it," center Eddy Curry said of Thomas' possible firing if the team doesn't turn it around. "We're trying to win games. But I think it's definitely in the back of some people's minds."

The Knicks put a fitting ending to the year at Madison Square Garden, falling to 8-21 in another uninspired game.

Though Curry said the players are wondering about Thomas' future, they don't want to see him fired.

"We're really trying and we hope our owner knows that we're trying," said Curry, who came off the bench for the first time since Dec. 28, 2005 in Orlando. "We don't believe that it's (Thomas') fault that we're losing like this. We just, for whatever reason, can't run that corner."

Link
Thomas Will Stay As Knicks Coach

December 31, 2007 - 4:47 pm
Thomas_Isiah_nyk.jpg

ESPN -
The New York Knicks may keep changing the lineups, but not the coach.

Isiah Thomas said Monday he would remain as coach, nearly two weeks after saying it would be fair to evaluate his performance in a "couple of weeks."

"We'll keep moving in this direction," Thomas said Monday when reminded of those comments after practice.

Asked what direction that was, Thomas responded: "Me as the coach."
indifferent.gif

Curry Bugged By Bench Role

December 31, 2007 - 4:56 am
Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
New York Post -
Knick center Eddy Curry had 12 points and eight rebounds off the bench against Chicago on Sunday, but he clearly is not eyeing the league's Sixth Man Award.

"I'm definitely not embracing it," Curry said. "But what can I do? I've got to go out there and use the minutes I have and try to be productive. If I don't play a lot of minutes, I don't play a lot of minutes. There's nothing I can do. I can't sub myself in the game. I'm not going to go to him crying and whining about starting. It's not me. I've never been like that. I'm not going to start being like that."

In Orlando, Curry started but played five minutes. Curry said he thought he might be benched after playing significant time with the second unit at practice in the last few days. Thomas informed Curry during the morning shootaround that he would come off the bench, making Curry feel, "numb."

"It definitely bugs me," he said. "I think I'm a starter in this league, but I guess not on this team."
laugh.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif

Link
Last Stop For Shaq?
Authored by Tommy Dee - December 31, 2007 - 2:34 pm

ONeal_Shaquille_mia_071013.jpg

There was a time when the thought of Shaquille O'Neal donning a Knick jersey seemed as likely as Charlie Ward and P.J. Brown exchanging Holiday greetings. But as the 2007-08 NBA season continues to play out, it is clear that the two teams desperate to shake up their rosters after ringing in the New Year both occupy the basement of the NBA's Eastern Conference.

We all know what kind of peril the Knick organization is in, a terrible record and very public off season trial can will do that to you, but the bigger surprise is just how bad things have become in Miami. When the guy who does your dirty work, Udonis Haslem, stops and yells at the coaching staff after getting pulled for picking up his fourth foul the other night complaining it was the superstar's fault, things can't be that pretty.

But, much more importantly, has been the play, or lack-there-of, of Shaquille O'Neal who may just be on his last legs. Normally, and hilariously, outspoken, the Diesel has been relatively silent thus far. You don't have to be a psychiatrist to believe that off-court problems stemming from his public divorce, as well as his declining skill, must be taking a tremendous toll on the Man of Steel.

Conversely, there are two players on a volatile Knick roster who are going through serious issues as well. Stephon Marbury has been on hiatus since the passing of his father almost a month ago, and rumors are circulating that Steph is in no rush to return to action thanks, in part, to his deteriorating relationship with Isiah Thomas. In addition, Eddy Curry, who last year established himself as the league's premiere low post presence not named Shaq, has hit rock bottom managing just 2 points in a handful of minutes against Dwight Howard's Magic on Wednesday night.

If I were Isiah, what's the harm in a phone call to Pat Riley offering Marbury, Curry and a swap of 08 first round picks, for Shaq, Mark Blount, Smush Parker and the Heats' second rounder in 2008? Riley knows how to turn a roster around quickly, and what better way than to jettison the team's heaviest contract?

We know O'Neal is a South Beach fan favorite, but at $60 million over the next three years, it's a deal that Riley should think very hard about. In Marbury, the Heat will get his $20 million plus contract off the books a year earlier, and judging from Steph's mindset he may never bother to suit up in a Heat uniform anyway, and that's not really a bad thing. In the remote chance that he does suit up, Riley gets a 15 and 8 guy, who is an immediate upgrade over Jason Williams and Chris "Dr. Medicine Man" Quinn, with the former gone by the deadline. We know Curry is a losing player, one look at his career W-L will tell you that, but teamed with Dwyane Wade, Curry would see less double teams and fit perfectly into Riley's low post offense. Defensively, of course, is another story, but with an active Haslem controlling the glass, Riley may actually get to see what he has in Earl Barron.

From a Knick standpoint, Blount would be yet another bad contract but at least he can protect the basket. Figuring O'Neal in the mix with Zach Randolph and David Lee, Blount wouldn't figure to see much action. Over the next few years, Blount could be moved to a playoff-contending team in need of depth up front.

At 35 O'Neal is still has an impact on the defensive end. He still gets two blocks per game and nearly 10 boards a night, but factoring in the presence of the underrated Lee, and Randolph, Shaq would only have to punch the clock for 20-25 minutes a night. Which may make him more effective in the long run. Not to mention the site of SOMEONE, let alone Shaq, actually swatting the ball away from the rim, may cause many of the Garden faithful to simultaneously combust.

The draft picks are what get tricky here. Isiah has already been mercilessly chastised for giving up two lottery picks for Curry, so having to give up a third just to get rid of him would be a disaster. But Knick fans now assume the worse so they'll get over it. And in actuality it's just a swap, maybe getting Riley to think that if his team wins more games they make out by embarrassing his old employer. And this deal sets Miami up for some much-needed cap space in 2008 and beyond, as it will for the Knicks, who can live with O'Neal clogging up the middle for a few more years and look forward to Fred Jones (after this year) and Malik Rose coming off the books (after 08-09), as well as hope for an opt-out from disgruntled Quentin Richardson, who would make a solid role player for a contending Western Conference team.

For this year the deal helps both teams. With Wade, the Heat still have enough talent to make a run and the Knicks would benefit greatly from interior help O'Neal provides. Still both teams are looking at an outside chance to make the playoffs and are lottery destined. When looking at the crop of '08 talent, it may make sense for either team to pick later in the lottery than sooner. These teams are veteran-heavy, not "Hawkish" in the sense that they need to build from the draft. Granted Michael Beasley is on another planet talent-wise, we haven't seen an inside-outside force like that come along in decades, but he has attitude issues and playing a year at Kansas State can't help that. There are also questions surrounding several other supremely gifted players. Another thing to consider is that thanks to the age limit, the draft will once again be very deep. There's no Oden or Durant, but there are 30 to 40 players that could make an impact. The Knicks may miss out on Derrick Rose, their point guard of the future, but they could replace him with a Chase Buddinger or Darren Collison and still have two picks in the second round where a Joey Dorsey or Rodrigue Beaubois, widely considered the next great PG from France, could be there for the taking.

Sure taking on a depleted Shaq would be a huge risk for Isiah Thomas, but what does he have to lose? Plus, at 35, it's hard to imagine that O'Neal and his championship heart won't be able to at least finish out his contract as a defensive stalwart and presence in the lane. But forget Thomas, Riley is the wild card here as his loyalty to his players, like Tim Hardaway and Alonzo Mourning before, could cloud his judgment on a deal that would turn his fading franchise around sooner than expected.

The Big Aristotle to the Big Apple?

It makes sense.
eek.gif

wow, I was away outta the country since the 20th and this is what I come back to see? what the hell is going on?

I've been way out of Knick country since the Boston Massacre and come back to see this? What the hell is going on?

wuddup, sorry guys ive been out of town so i have not had a comp lately. I also missed the Knicks last game but i went to a sports bar to watch the KnicksMagic game. I was disgusted by that one. We are playing a nice game and hanging in with one of the top teams in the East on the road and dudes are putting upeffort. Than Isiah puts Curry back in when we are up by 1 i think, and 2 mins later we are down 12 and Orlando never looked back. SMH. Thats like an insult tothe players that wrre in, like you guys fought hard and are hanging with Orlando but imma put Curry back in, 2 minutes later we are down 2, and than he expectsthe players from before to do the same thing again. !+#+##@ moron.

The only players hat the Knicks should keep are Jamal simply cause he is our best player and he WANTS to win. He just got no team. if we can build talent withhim he can be a nice 2 for us and he is also mad young. Nate should be kept as a backup PG because of how hard he goes, his offensive skills, and when we puthim in it is instant energy øff the bench, but for now h sould start next to Crawford cuse without Steph, he is our only PG other than Mardy Collins
sick.gif
. And David Lee cause he is our best big man and he plays hard and like Crawfordcan be a starting 4 on a winning team with the right peces.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
at Ewing. He should be on our coaching staff ASAP. Shaq would be a great NYcenter and that article made some VERY good points i would love to do that trade.Although he is old, he would still be loved in NY and contract wise hes notworse than curry or Marbury combined.

This team is trash right now, no pg or center lineup should be....

PG- Nate Robinson
SG- Jamal Crawford
SF- Jared Jeffries
PF- David Lee
C- Zach Randolph

wuddup, sorry guys ive been out of town so i have not had a comp lately. I also missed the Knicks last game but i went to a sports bar to watch the KnicksMagic game. I was disgusted by that one. We are playing a nice game and hanging in with one of the top teams in the East on the road and dudes are putting upeffort. Than Isiah puts Curry back in when we are up by 1 i think, and 2 mins later we are down 12 and Orlando never looked back. SMH. Thats like an insult tothe players that wrre in, like you guys fought hard and are hanging with Orlando but imma put Curry back in, 2 minutes later we are down 2, and than he expectsthe players from before to do the same thing again. #$!%%@# moron.

The only players hat the Knicks should keep are Jamal simply cause he is our best player and he WANTS to win. He just got no team. if we can build talent withhim he can be a nice 2 for us and he is also mad young. Nate should be kept as a backup PG because of how hard he goes, his offensive skills, and when we puthim in it is instant energy øff the bench, but for now h sould start next to Crawford cuse without Steph, he is our only PG other than Mardy Collins
sick.gif
. And David Lee cause he is our best big man and he plays hard and like Crawfordcan be a starting 4 on a winning team with the right peces.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
at Ewing. He should be on our coaching staff ASAP. Shaq would be a great NYcenter and that article made some VERY good points i would love to do that trade.Although he is old, he would still be loved in NY and contract wise hes notworse than curry or Marbury combined.

This team is trash right now, no pg or center lineup should be....

PG- Nate Robinson
SG- Jamal Crawford
SF- Jared Jeffries
PF- David Lee
C- Zach Randolph

So who was the starting 5 tonight?

Zeke looking like LB out there with all these lineup adjustments.
roll.gif

LB must be smiling somewhere right now.

unmk_01_img0020.jpg

Is NT tripping or is it just me??

My last thread that I JUST typed shows a time posted of 12:40p.
indifferent.gif

Link
Isiah Says Knicks Will Be Inactive Around Trade Deadline

January 2, 2008 - 6:17 am
Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
New York Daily News -
There are said to be several Knicks who wouldn't mind a change of scenery, including Stephon Marbury, David Lee, Malik Rose and Eddy Curry. The Kings are reportedly considering deals for Mike Bibby and Ron Artest, who has said he would like to return home and play with the Knicks.

Tuesday, Thomas ruled out making a deal between now and the February deadline. Of course, Thomas has made a habit of denying working on moves right up until he makes them.

"I really don't foresee that," he said. "I don't see us being active around the trade deadline. This is the time when you're down and you can make mistakes that can cost you years. And everything that you've worked for the last three, four years that can set you back another three years. We've got a young group, we've got good players, and we've got good talent. We've just got to get them to play together."
If this dude passes on Ron Artest........
indifferent.gif
man....
smh.gif

^^$#@# man we cant pass up on ma boi Ron again. He once again is saying he wants to play here and if we can ship ot Curry, snag Ron and get that pick which iwant one of the 4 top freshman (Rose, Beasley, Mayo, or Gordon) I can honestly care less who we get but i want one of them. Thats a team that can turn +$!*around with a new coach also.

But at this point im thinking that destiny s keeping Ron out of NY
frown.gif
frown.gif

Whatever.

I'm not really interested in this team making trades that we think make us better. Honestly, I've lost interest.

I'll get back in the thick of things when this joke of a GM/Coach is gone. I cannot root for this guy anymore.

With any luck, we'll get rid of Isiah and have a top 3 pick to start out fresh with. I can only hope.

Shaq over here would be very suprising. Then if we can make a package to aquire Tmac or Kobe.
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom