OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Knicks got lucky with Ewing in '85, will they get lucky again? Because tanking the season doesn't guarantee a top 3-4 pick, as the Celtics showed lastseason....... But that doesn't mean much because either way, unless they play defense, this team will continue losing....

I just can't understand why all you guys still put yourself through it this year, I've stopped watching for now and just look at the box score(actually because i dont get MSG @ home for winter break)

It's not all about the draft pick when I say keep losing. It's obvious Dolan is gona keep Isiah if he just wins 30 games.
This team needs to be flat out atrocious to finally get him out of town, or at least you would think...with how much Dolan seemingly is persuaded by him.I'm hopin we win about 25, that should do the trick..there could be no reason or explanation to bring him back then

However, sadly, Dolan needs to go too, but there's not much that can be done about that

And why you would WANT to see improvement, improvement = Isiah keeping his job, and the mediocority continuing

To say what else is Isiah gona do is fine but...he constructed the team, he brought Zach and Eddy together.

I hope they lose every single game the rest of the way.

Get a new front office and coach, clean house, and Derrick Rose or Mike Beasley in a uniform...and that's a good start

Hey, I'd much rather we lose every game for the rest of the season honestly.
laugh.gif

actually the only way I see Isiah gone at this point is if Dolan is somehow gone.... because Dolan pretty much wants to make $$$
smh.gif
....... we'll see cowsstart flying outside before Dolan fires Isiah
laugh.gif

Preach allen3xis...and BullsRepeat you are right as well. I don't see Isiah going unless Dolan is gone. I have been saying this for awhile now...the realproblem with the Knicks is not Isiah but it is Dolan!! The man only cares about filling up the seats in the Garden. If we continue to come to the Garden we aregiving him what he wants. He doesn't care if we chant "Fire Isiah" because he is laughing all the way to the bank...because he has our money.

If the fans really want Isiah gone then you have to STOP GOING TO THE GAMES!!

Allen3xis is 100% right....as much as I want the Knicks to win because they are my team and they have my heart I am numb to the winning and losing right now. Ireally don't care at this point. But why should I even want them to win?! I would love to see this team turn it around and make it to the playoffs so wecan have something to root for but I dont think that is going to happen. So the best thing we can hope for is to get a great player through the draft that canbring some respectability to this franchise. The only problem is Allen3xis suggest we blow up the whole thing....we can't do that unless Dolan decides tofire himself...and that is not happening anytime soon.

What I'm sayin is

IF Isiah is fired....he's our coach, gm, president and whatever else...

if we hire a legitimate coach, he's gona bring in his guys, same with the GM. That essentially leads to cleaning house, a lota new people would be broughtin and old ones out.

And if we fire Isiah, Dolan damn sure better hire the most credible people....no guy he can have as his puppet.

I don't even want a big name, like Larry Brown was...I want intelligent basketball minds, people who have an understanding of what is called the salarycap, just smart, accountable, class people at this point.

I shouldn't even have to say I want class people workin for the orginization, that tells you what kind of joke this is right now. That as much as we suckon the court, it's even worse off it.

Maybe Mark Jackson for a coach..GM..I don't know, maybe pluck someone from the Spurs orginization

As far as the roster

Lee
Balkman
Chandler

the only guys I want in Knick uniforms for the future...obviously you can't overhaul the entier roster, so it may not be that drastically changed, butwhatever you can get rid of, get rid of it

There is a losing mentality here now, an attitude that is soft, and not caring. I want accountable and classy players at this point too.

We've tried to build are team around a 7' version of the lion from Wizard of Oz.

With Isiah and the firing....there's no way Dolan want's the backlash from the media if he's around again, esp after he said he needs to seedefinite improvement and the playoffs THIS season....but maybe Isiah has something on him, I really don't know how you can't let him go.

Look at Portland right now....they got rid of their trash, built through the draft (got lucky with the lotto this year), made good selections, have a solidcoach and boom, they're rebuilt. They have players who work hard on the court and you don't have to worry about them off it

Sure they were awful for a 2-3 year period, but going through that beats going through years of just hoping for an 8th seed, only to not get that, trade draftpicks and win 30 games a year

^Dolan doesn't care about the backlash from the media....if that was the case he would have fired Isiah already. In fact Dolan doesn't care aboutwinning a championship. As I said all he cares about is selling out the Garden....the only way Dolan will care and react is when we (the consumers, the fansetc) hit him where it hurts. That place is his pcckets, wallet, whatever you want to call it; but we have to hurt him financially....only then will he get themessage!!

but that will take a lot of people and effort to possibly boycott Knicks games at MSG..... I don't see it happening because of how many people live in NYC,as well as fans who go to see the opposing team star ( Kobe, LBJ, etc), celebs with season tix. There's just too many possibilities. But if MSG becomes asempty as Gund Arena was before LeBron
laugh.gif
, then Dolan might get the message

I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle ToCoach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I ProposeRick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose RickCarlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose RickCarlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose RickCarlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose RickCarlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose RickCarlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose RickCarlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose RickCarlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose RickCarlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose RickCarlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose RickCarlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose RickCarlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose RickCarlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose RickCarlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose RickCarlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose RickCarlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose RickCarlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose RickCarlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose RickCarlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose RickCarlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose RickCarlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose RickCarlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose RickCarlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach NewYork...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...I Propose Rick Carlisle To Coach New York...

HIRE THIS MAN

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

but that will take a lot of people and effort to possibly boycott Knicks games at MSG..... I don't see it happening because of how many people live in NYC, as well as fans who go to see the opposing team star ( Kobe, LBJ, etc), celebs with season tix. There's just too many possibilities. But if MSG becomes as empty as Gund Arena was before LeBron
laugh.gif
, then Dolan might get the message

Your point is well taken and you are right about their being too many possibilities. As I have said prior as well a big problem is that fans are notorganized enough. However, if we keep giving Dolan what he wants nothing will change....you can't expect Dolan overnight to care about winning achampionship overnight when all he cares about is selling out. We (the fans) have to give him a reason to care and a reason to change. Right now dude is justthinking "yeah we are bad but I am still turning a profit, I can care less if the fans boo". If dude was not turning a profit you will see how quickhis thinking will change.
Right now I am disgusted with the Knicks situation and I love the NBA. Sure I would love to go see other stars like Kobe thispast weekend play at the Garden. However, I am not giving Dolan my money. I refuse to give MSG my money right now until I see a change. I just dontunderstand why more fans who claim they are really mad can't see the light and just stop going to the games and send a REAL message.

Link

Ewing: Curry May Not Have Big Apple Mentality

December 27, 2007 - 7:26 am
Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
New York Post -
Knicks legend Patrick Ewing acknowledged last night that disintegrating Eddy Curry may not have the mental makeup to succeed in New York.

Ewing, the Orlando assistant, understands more than anyone what it takes to prosper at the Garden. The "Big Fella" received more boos and catcalls than any Knick.

"I don't know if he came into camp in shape or not," the likely Hall of Famer told The Post. "You have to have a strong mind to play in New York. Not too many people can play there."

The boos that wash over the Knicks at the Garden have become a big issue in their freefall. Ewing is an expert on the topic.

"I think it's a great place to play," Ewing said. "When you're doing well, they'll let you know. When you're doIng bad, they'll let you know. It's a great check. You have to check yourself."

"Everybody gets tired of it," added Ewing, who asked for a trade after 15 years. "All you can do is perform to the best of your abilities. They know when you're playing to the best of your abilities and playing 100 percent."

ewing
smokin.gif
, and i agree to rick carlisle being a candidate he was a great coach at detriot and the injured free pacers.

Patrick Ewing should be working at MSG. It's a shame that the regime we have now, neverr offered this guy a spot.

As for the Knicks, Zach Randolph should not have been benched. He's a 20 and 10 threat every night, and a more potent force down low.

^ Talk is Eddy will be benched next game and Randolph will be starting at the 5 with Lee still at the PF.

also Q Rich should not be starting right now. his game is really slacking right now because of the injuries. i know you all seen how slow he is now hustlingback on D. I would like to see balkman (no burn as of late
indifferent.gif
) starting and get wilson chandler in the games more often. backcourt should be nate and JCseattle connection

I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but I was talking to my dad about this the other day. His theory on why Isiah isn't fired makes a wholelot of sense to me. Since hiring Isaiah he has spent tons on "talent", coaching and legal issues. Firing him will only make the Knicks lose moremoney because they would have to buy out his contract, pay a new coach and still owe Brown, Thomas and pay out for the who sexual harassment thing. If the keephim on, they don't lose out on more money that he has cost them (and it's been a LOT!). When is his contract up btw?

Fanatic, Isiah extension was rumored at 4 years 22 million. However, I think the logic you posted explains a great deal about why he has not been fired.

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but I was talking to my dad about this the other day. His theory on why Isiah isn't fired makes a whole lot of sense to me. Since hiring Isaiah he has spent tons on "talent", coaching and legal issues. Firing him will only make the Knicks lose more money because they would have to buy out his contract, pay a new coach and still owe Brown, Thomas and pay out for the who sexual harassment thing. If the keep him on, they don't lose out on more money that he has cost them (and it's been a LOT!). When is his contract up btw?

Your father's a Knicks fan, right?

^ I dunno if I'd call him a Knicks fan anymore. He was when he was a kid growin up in the city, but that was like a thousand years ago
laugh.gif
. He still keepsup w/ them from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom