OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

looking at the Knicks schedule the Lakers big men (Mihm, Brown, Bynum) will go off on Sunday and the following game Dwight Howard will have a field day downlow against Eddy Curry
roll.gif
roll.gif

^ reading that article brings me back to a time when we played defense, and with heart. i guess i'm living in the past.

Charlotte, the league's second-lowest scoring team, scored 67 points in the first half and shot 50 percent for only the second time this season.
laugh.gif

we suck.

"I like the direction we're headed." Thomas said Friday, before his team lost to the Bobcats. "I've said this before: our future is definitely much brighter than it was when I got here four years ago. Cost-wise we're down. Talent-wise we're up. We did a good job of putting people in the seats. I think we're pretty close this year to getting back on track again ."

indifferent.gif
Is this guy serious?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

^ reading that article brings me back to a time when we played defense, and with heart. i guess i'm living in the past.

Charlotte, the league's second-lowest scoring team, scored 67 points in the first half and shot 50 percent for only the second time this season.
laugh.gif

we suck.

Every team has their best numbers against us.

Instead, each practice and each game was a chance for them to prove that even if they didn't have the most talent in the league, no team would out-work them.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
thatwhole team were warriors. Pat was a true warrior.

Andrew Lang, i remember that foul
mad.gif
mad.gif

Bums like Curry disgrace this franchise's name. I could understand if we are not as good, but when we just dont play hard and we got dudes standing aroundon D and stuff, nothing pisses me off more than that. Like i have said John Starks should come in and knock out every single one of these bums with theexception of a few like Nate, lee, and Crawford. Even Balkman has been half assing lately
mad.gif

EDIT: I ddont know how to add youtube videos but yalls should all watch this one

watching this video makes me cry. John Starks was an animal. His desire was shoown every time he stepped on the court. Just the fact that he made the NBA wasenough to motivate him to go all out no matter what. Watching this video, seeing him work his+++% off vs MJ, seeing him scoring off of just will power andtoughness was amazing. Even the little hustle plays that used to be a casualty you never see anymore. When Isiah took Q out last night, it was right after aplay that had me screaming. It was a loose ball and it was between Q and Gerald Wallace, and that ball was rolling for a good 5 seconds, and instead of gettinghis+++% on the floor, Q tries to push out Gerald Wallace and pick up the ball, he was called for a loose ball foul. Watch this play on this video at 2:51. whati would give for any Knick to make plays like that.
frown.gif

This man was under appreciated. Although he was loved, i would give anything for a Johns Starks on the Knicks. A guy that was not recruited high in highschool, had to play at 4 different colleges to make his was yo Oklahoma State in his senior year, only to be undrafted. than made his way to the Knicks duringsummer leagues out of pure hustle alone. That vid just makes me wish we had a team like we used to. John Starks was that dude.
pimp.gif
ohwell.gif

john starks defines a new york knick....despite his performance in game 6 no one ever played with more heart than he did...he will always be my favorite knick

"I like the direction we're headed." Thomas said Friday, before his team lost to the Bobcats. "I've said this before: our future is definitely much brighter than it was when I got here four years ago. Cost-wise we're down. Talent-wise we're up. We did a good job of putting people in the seats. I think we're pretty close this year to getting back on track again ."
someone get isiah word to the dc sniper

^Word...that quote is just insane. A reporter needs to ask if him if he seriously believes that....how can you be pretty close to getting back on track whenyou are this many games below .500, your starting center is Mr. Softee, and you have been blown out numerous times by other bad defensive teams. How is dudeeven rationalizing this??

I've missed 3 straight Knicks games.

I'm pretty sure that's the longest I've went in at least 10 years.

I ain't interested anymore.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I've missed 3 straight Knicks games.

I'm pretty sure that's the longest I've went in at least 10 years.

I ain't interested anymore.

I'm more interested than ever seeing how we ride this thing out (NH) There has to be a change made soon.

could it be fellas?

[h3]Kobe: Knicks on short list for trade (BREAKING NEWS)[/h3]
After staying quiet about his desire to be traded since the beginning of the season, Kobe Bryant opened up today and confirmed for the first time that theKnicks were on the short list of teams he asked to be traded to this past summer.

"They were, yeah," Bryant told a small group of reporters when asked if the Knicks were among the teams for which he'd agree to waive hisno-trade clause. After the Knicks and Bulls, Bryant said it was the Mavericks and Suns, marking the first time he has publicly disclosed the list.

Bryant made the revelation after the Lakers practiced today at an Upper East Side health club in preparation for tomorrow's game against the Knicks.

^reaching, but at this point Kobe >The entire knicks team so im praying christmas comes slightly early for us
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by diceloveme

Anyword on steph? Is he done ?
[table][tr][td]
Knicks' Marbury files grievance over fine given for missing game
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]By BRIAN MAHONEY, AP Basketball Writer
December 22, 2007
NEW YORK (AP) -- Stephon Marbury has filed a grievance over the fine the New York Knicks gave him for missing a game in Phoenix last month.

Marbury believes he was given permission to miss the game and has asked the players' association to begin the grievance process, a person with knowledge of the decision told The Associated Press on Saturday.

The point guard left Phoenix before the Knicks' game Nov. 13, after clashing with Isiah Thomas when the coach was considering removing him from the starting lineup. Marbury returned to New York and the Knicks fined him a one-game salary, which would cost more than $180,000.

Marbury has missed seven of the last 10 games following the death of his father on Dec. 2. It is not known if Marbury will play Sunday when the Knicks host the Los Angeles Lakers.

The grievance was first reported by the New York Post.

Back
Top Bottom