OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

what the hell is david lee wearing on his feet?
alien.gif
the better question is what gallinari is wearing
Fila?
grin.gif
nerd.gif

From theknicksblog.com
Update: The thing I take from this day is the awkwardness that filled the room. A lot of walking on eggshells. I think that it centers on Marbury, the players seem to want to move on, but can't with the Marbury distraction. He obviously hasn't talked with his teammates, and they don't mind. Marbury left the room early without talking to any players as far as I could see.

Jamal Crawford is a leader. He always stands up and speaks openly, another year comes in and I find myself really rooting for him. I hope he becomes the complete player we all think he can be.

What's not to like about David Lee? He simply wants to win. "We've had 75 years of drama in the last two years," he told me. "But I want to be here when this thing turns around." I hope he's here too, I asked him about sitting behind Curry and Randolph despite being one of the NBA's most productive players per minute and he told me "I knew I'd have to wait. I came in here sitting behind Channing Frye who was a lottery pick. I'll just keep working hard night after night."

Expect Houston to be a part of this team one way or another this year. He's not here for a few weeks, he's here to spread the word of Knick lore and feels very strongly about it. (By the way, if that picture above doesn't tell you which direction the team wants to go in, I don't know what does…)

"I can see it in the fans' faces and I know what it was like to have success here, being a Knick means so much to me. I'm here to try and give these guys a feel of what it means to have success in this city. It's important to have pride in the jersey."

12:30 Eddy Curry seems to be where the reporters are flocking to. He's wearing his warmup but says he's in
capt.e8840fa8f6b74056bb549341a10ef1ab.knicks_marbury_basketball_nysw102.jpg
good shape. He said with D'Antoni here it's hard not to be in good shape.

Steph is next and as you can imagine is being mobbed. His tatoo is pretty cool. He seems a little touchy. He doesn't seem real happy to be here and I can't say I blame him He just wants to play, we'll see where soon enough.

His response to whether he's spent time with new teammates.
"Next question."

Sat with Allan Houston who is absolutely the best. He's here to spread and pass along what it means to wear the jersey, which is music to a fan's ears.

Professionalism either on or off the court.

Spoke to Gallinari too and he's still a ways away hasn't done much conditioning due to his back, and he's not sure when he'll be back. His timetable has yet to be set.

Steph's still at it…" I want to win a championship here in NY. I'm a knick until something else happens."

Eddy Curry on defense:
"It's a matter of pride."

I have to say that the set up is pretty funny. All players sitting at tables like at a restaurant waiting for their dates to arrive. ZBo's tucked away in the back corner.

David Lee felt for Mets fans and talked to David Wright yesterday. Lee wants to win and wants to be here,addressed the Memphis rumors and said Walsh told him that "we won 23 games last year and if I didn't try to improve the team, I wouldn't be doing my job. It's flattering when teams call and ask for you."

ZBo knows D'antoni's system and thinks he'll have plenty of chances to shoot jumpers and he has nothing bad to say about Marbury.

Zach claims to be in "okay shape."

Caught up to my man Brandon Tierney who has these thoughts on Marbury heading into the year- "if I were running the Knicks I'd have a hard time keeping Steph because of what they are trying to build. But it looks like they are giving him a chance to succeed."

BT has some great audio tonight so check out the radio show on 1050…..

^several of those are not guaranteed contracts. that said...of the current contracts i think will be gone by the time the season starts are Jerome James, MalikRose, and Mardy..dan grunfeld has no chance of making this or any team in the league...houston and pat jr. will make the squad

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

malik rose....what a waste of veteran leadership for this crappy team
ohwell.gif
You know what I like Malik Rose as a veteran presence in the locker room but I am shocked nobody has talked about buying him. He is in the lastyear of this contract and I can tell you guys for a fact he HATED the circus that was the Knicks last season.

For his sake we should allow Malik to go to another team/franchise that is not in shambles. I feel bad for this guy having to put up with the clowns on thisteam, and also for having to deal with the Management/Ownership of the Knicks.

^Yeah I do as well...although I am sure he like this new regime. Question to all my fellow Knick fans right now. If you could cut the roster at 15 today; howwould you have it look? Or basically which four players would you say goodbye to (please dont suggest cutting players who cant be bought out ie Z-Bo and Curry;lets be reasonable)?

^mardy collins. jerome james.
i'll get back to you on the other two later
laugh.gif

i would like to see how steph does in this offense, and try to trade malik rose for something.

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

For his sake we should allow Malik to go to another team/franchise that is not in shambles. I feel bad for this guy having to put up with the clowns on this team, and also for having to deal with the Management/Ownership of the Knicks.

malik rose is 34 years old which is pretty ancient in terms of nba forwards. he has his rings. what more does he need? dude should just call it quits

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

For his sake we should allow Malik to go to another team/franchise that is not in shambles. I feel bad for this guy having to put up with the clowns on this team, and also for having to deal with the Management/Ownership of the Knicks.

malik rose is 34 years old which is pretty ancient in terms of nba forwards. he has his rings. what more does he need? dude should just call it quits
QFT

[table][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Player[/font][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2008/09[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2009/10[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2010/11[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2011/12[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2012/13[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stephon Marbury[/font][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$21,937,500[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$0[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Zach Randolph[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$14,666,666[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$16,000,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$17,333,333[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Eddy Curry[/font][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$9,723,983[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$10,500,423[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$11,276,863[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quentin Richardson[/font][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$8,825,750[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$9,352,500[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jamal Crawford[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$8,640,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$9,360,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$10,080,000[/font][/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Malik Rose[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$7,647,500[/font][/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jerome James[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,200,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,600,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jared Jeffries[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,049,400[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,466,600[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,883,400[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chris Duhon[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$5,585,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,031,800[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Danilo Gallinari[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,873,520[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$3,089,040[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$3,304,560[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$4,190,182[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$5,589,703[/font][/font][/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nate Robinson[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,020,178[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,911,077[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]David Lee[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,788,033[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,682,049[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Allan Houston[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wilson Chandler[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,173,480[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,255,440[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,130,481[/font][/font][/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$3,099,850[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mardy Collins[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$997,800[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,801,029[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,701,543[/font][/font][/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Anthony Roberson[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$797,581[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$855,189[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$0[/font][/font][/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Patrick Ewing Jr[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$442,114[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dan Grunfeld[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TOTALS:[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$99,368,505[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$67,400,363[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$45,573,596[/font][/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Highlight to see the rest of the salaries.

More troubling news on Knick rookie Danilo Gallinari - the Italian Stallion revealed his summer-long back discomfort includes pain shooting down his leg, astrong indication of sciatica, more serious than the knicks New Yor have let on.

The Knicks have called it a "sore back" since mid-July. Sciatica could be caused by a herniated disc.
Gallinari has not played since the firstgame of the Las Vegas Summer League, July 14, and will miss most of preseason. Team president Donnie Walsh said Friday he's been told the injury is notserious

marc berman, ny post

[h1]Knicks teammates want Marbury to go away[/h1]Ken Berger September 30, 2008GREENBURGH, N.Y.

I gestured toward the table Stephon Marbury had just vacated and asked Jamal Crawford if all the misplacedattention is a problem.

"That part of it doesn't bother me at all," Crawford said. "I just feel like, I guess right now that's the story - if he's gonna behere or if he's not, or does he come off the bench if he is here and all that stuff. That's all fine and well, but we just need to focus more onwinning games."

Focus on the Knicks and not on the symbol of a failed era. Focus on the future and not the past.

We should be more focused on restoring order to the Knicks," Crawford said.

That can't happen, and won't happen, as long as No. 3 - "Coney Island's Finest," as the tattoo on his left biceps says - remains thecenter of the universe. "It's bigger than just one person, this organization," Crawford said.

This was after Marbury had finished his predictable, pointless rant at media day, hopefully the last time he will be in charge of a basketball court in NewYork. It was after he'd gotten up from his seat in the middle of the practice floor and wrapped his arms around me in an uncomfortable, asphyxiatingembrace.

"I'm praying for you, man," he said.
Don't be alarmed. Don't be concerned that Marbury still had a seat on the charter as the Knicks flew to Saratoga Springs yesterday to begin MikeD'Antoni's first training camp. Maybe they decided to fly because nobody could stomach being on a bus with Marbury for three hours.

The Knicks open the season 30 days from yesterday, and everybody in a Knicks uniform realizes they must do it without him. Except Marbury.

"I want to play basketball and I believe I'm gonna play basketball," he said. "If it's here or if it's someplace else, doesn'tmatter."

Asked if he expects to be a Knick when the regular season opens Oct. 29, Marbury said: "If that's what happens, that's what's gonna happen. IfI get waived, I get waived. If I'm playing, great. If not, great."

Later, Marbury said: "I want to win a championship here in New York. Period."

He rambled. He said a lot of things, stopping just short of the comment he made in the summer of 2007 when he announced that the reason for his newfoundcontentment was "happy juice." Whatever it is, his teammates are tired of drinking it.

Although Marbury wouldn't address what D'Antoni has told him about his role, his teammates have made their feelings known. According to a person withknowledge of the situation, D'Antoni polled the whole team on the Marbury issue. The response was overwhelming: They don't want him.

It was July 2007 when Marbury opened up about the clarity he'd found - about finally learning not to obsess about outside opinions of him.

"I woke up and now I can smell the coffee," he said then.
The coffee was awfully stale yesterday, because Marbury trotted out the same tired speech. "I have a clear view of my life and a clear view ofbasketball," he said. "... This day right here is just like the day I got drafted. That was the best day of my life and that's exactly how I feelright now. I love being in this seat right here. This is what I live for."

When I pointed out that we've heard this before, Marbury went on a lengthy screed about a column I'd written explaining why he should be gone - like atoxic asset on Wall Street.

"It doesn't matter what you say," Marbury said. "It doesn't matter that you call me toxic and that you call me all of these differentthings. Because that's what you've got to live with. It's not me, it's you ... But it's OK, because I'm just going to pray for you,because that's all I can do for you is pray for you. I can't do nothing else. I don't want you to be feeling like that - you going home with thatinside you. You've got to lay down and chill with your family. I don't want you to feel that no more.

"Remember, I got kids, too. And there's kids that read the newspaper and they go back and they say things like that to my children. So it's reallypersonal, but then again, it's really not personal, because that's who you are. So I've got to teach my kids not to be like you."

Then he hugged me and told me I'll be in his prayers.

His teammates are praying for something else.

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

If I was him I'd retire soon no doubt, but he has earned the right to choose his situation in my opinion. He's the kind of player at thisstage in his career that has a place on just about any roster not because he is going to play key minutes, but because he brings great leadership andprofessionalism to whatever team he is on.

This is/was wasted on the Knicks, but I'm sure there are teams that can benefit from that. So let him go, or trade him for a turkey sandwich if that'sall you can get back. But it's never up to the team to decide who should retire, that is the right of any player (even Jerome James
grin.gif
).

LOL that article is pointless. Entitled "Teammates want Marbury to go away" , where in the article does anybody say that? Slap.

To me, Ken Berger sounds salty. Like Marbury smashed his girl and left the condoms on the baby seat.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom