OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

[h1]MARBURY TO KNICKS: MAKE UP YOUR MIND[/h1][h3]By MARC BERMAN[/h3]
/seven/09262008/photos/sports094a.jpg

STEPHON MARBURY
Knicks future in doubt

Posted: 4:39 am
September 26, 2008

http://shots.snap.com/explore/18730...com&cp=&asp=Stephon Marbury&dfs=10&tol=engageStephon Marbury told The Post yesterday if the club already has decided to waive him before the season opener, team president Donnie Walsh should do it nowand not prolong the saga.

Marbury wants to stay with the New York Knicks, but doesn't want to be a lame duck when the Knicks kick off training camp in Saratoga Springs. Sourcessaid yesterday, however, Walsh is giving Marbury a legitimate chance to stick with the team. Owner James Dolan may be unwilling to eat $21.9 million until hesees him in action.

The Knicks point guard took his physical yesterday at the Westchester practice facility and was told to be ready for Tuesday's training camp at SkidmoreCollege. Nobody from the organization has told him he will not be part of the season. But they also haven't told him to ignore the media reports, statinghe's toast and hopes he's not being kept on as a negotiating tactic.

"If I'm a distraction and I'm all these different things, why would you want to keep somebody like that?" Marbury asked. "Itcan't be about the money. If you feel you're better without me, just let me go. If not, let's get down to the business of playing basketball. Weshouldn't be talking about me getting waived or not. We should be talking about bringing playoff life back to the Garden like when I got here (in2004-2005)."

Marbury said he is concerned about becoming a distraction during training camp.

"We need to concentrate on how we're going to win, not whether I'm getting waived or if I'm getting all my money," Marbury said.

One conspiracy theory is Walsh and Mike D'Antoni are waiting so Marbury would have less of a chance to adjust to a new team, which could turn out to beconference rival Miami. The Knicks' season opener is against the Heat Oct. 29 at the Garden.

The other possibility is because Marbury reported under 200 pounds (197) and is in terrific shape, the Knicks feel his trade value could increase during thepreseason. For that matter, they may have decided to keep him for that reason. Marbury, who hasn't been this light since his playing days at Lincoln High,has one year and $21.9 million left on his pact.

Walsh and D'Antoni will hold a press conference at the Garden today and likely will give Marbury a vote of confidence. But Marbury said he doesn'twant to be kept around for the wrong reasons.

"It shouldn't matter if I go to a team in the same conference or a rival team," Marbury said. "They are concentrating on the directionbest for them. There's nothing wrong with that - nothing wrong with change. If D'Antoni feels he needs to go in another direction with a starting pointguard (Chris Duhon), that's fine. I know I'm going to play someplace else.

"I know what I can do on the basketball court. They know as well. There are newspaper writers and other people saying I can't play anymore. I wantto prove to my fans . . . what I can do."

Would he be willing to be a backup?

"I'm not coming off the bench here in New York," Marbury said.

Nor is he willing to take less than the $21.9 million if approached about a buyout. Nevertheless, Marbury said he would donate any new contract money tocharity.

"Why is (a buyout) even an issue," Marbury said. "It's my contract. I earned it. I wouldn't take a penny less."

Marbury said he would like more feedback from his bosses, considering the media swirl regarding his future.

"If D'Antoni feels a certain way, he should speak his peace now," Marbury said. "If he feels he's going in a different direction withDuhon, that's fine with me. It's OK. No problem at all. But it shouldn't be about the money. It should be about building the franchise and nobodyshould be worried where I go."

steph has a point. either way the knicks need to make a decision. this soap opera is too reminiscent of what went on with IT in charge

Maybe we can increase his trade value and trade him for an expiring contract...wait...he already is one...

can someone figure out a possible trade that would work if marbury was to prove he can still ball?

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

steph has a point. either way the knicks need to make a decision. this soap opera is too reminiscent of what went on with IT in charge
word. Id buy out our fucing froncourt before Steph though...

[thinks about Knicks defense this season]
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
[/thinks about Knicks defense this season]

EDIT: and its not that teams dont want Marbury any GM would love to have a decent player for one year and 21 mil off their cap in the next year. But Walsh isnta big enough dumb !** to get rid of all of that cap relief (thank god). At even the thought of brining up trading Marbury for probab;ly some value cause wecould get value but also contracts
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

i agree... i dont see what the problem is... he has a year left and you're going to buy him out or wave him so he can play for a contender in the sameconference and kill u when he plays against u... makes no sense... keep him... and the knicks are wrong for even making this a distraction... he didnt doanything to deserve this... and i dont blame him for wanting all his money... its a business and he knows how to play the game...and people forget how youngthis guy still is and its not like hes been badly injured werd to penny or hill...i believe he can still put up monster numbers... besides being with KG and avery young phoenix team steph has always had a garbage team behind him... he didnt average 20-8 for nothing... lets not forget about that...in plus hes from nyso they should keep him lol.... im playin... but if they do trade him trade him for AI straight up lol...

[thinks about Knicks defense this season]
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
[/thinks about Knicks defense this season]
Time to go small.

Duhon, Chandler...and umm...JR can defend
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

I'd like to see..(obviously in small doses)...something along the lines of..
Duhon
Italian
JR
Chandler
Lee

all out one the floor at the same time..everyone can run...most can handle..and space the floor.

8bc30503ce778590e7af1fd54378b9e8-getty-82980075ra001_shock_liberty.jpg

NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 26: Danilo Gallinari, the New York Knicks first round draft pick, watches theNew York Liberty play against the Detroit Shockduring Game One of the Eastern Conference Finals during the 2008 WNBA Playoffs on September 26, 2008 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

036c273a613f2ad0e9d6fd9c97687c62-getty-82980075ra002_shock_liberty.jpg

NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 26: Jamal Crawford and Danilo Gallinari of the New York Knicks pose during the gamebetween the New York Liberty and Detroit Shockduring Game One of the Eastern Conference Finals during the 2008 WNBA Playoffs on September 26, 2008 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Eddy Curry has reportedly shown up to training camp out of shape and may not be guaranteed a starting job in Mike D'Antoni's high-speed offense.
It's not shocking that he's out of shape given the fact that he's not only Eddy Curry, but also had knee surgery in March. As for who would startat center, it sure won't be Jerome James. So that means (if EC can't go) that Zach Randolph or David Lee would likely be moved into the middle, whichis great news for Lee. The Knicks' training camp is going to be a circus again, but maybe something good will come out of it this time.

I don't know if people understand the commitment it takes to go up and down [the court]. They'll know Tuesday."
pimp.gif

I'm so lookin forward to this offense and floor spacing compared to what Isiah was running...the same damn plays every trip up the court
sick.gif

%%% about curry....wasn't he @ Tim Grover's in the Chi? SMMFH

As for Steph, they should just buy him out. Dude WILL infect the locker room more this season. Mark my words. His 20/8 have to be the most deceptive statsever.

http://www.nypost.com/sev..._camp_saratoga_131042.htm

* Overweight Eddy Curry Eddy Curry has made a bad first impression with the new regime, putting his starting center duties in jeopardy. Curry is ultrasecretive about his weight, but a source claims he came in over 300 pounds. Considering he knew he needed to be lighterto excel in D'Antoni's breakneck offense, Curry may be looking to get moved. "This isn't an easy style for a man as big as he is," Walshsaid. "If he can get himself in that kind of condition - that may take him some time - he is a very good athlete for a big man."

smh.gif

im a die hard knicks fan.....i got one question why did we pass on the kid from arizona?????????

why did we pass on artest??????

why did we pass on amare???

why didnt we move up a spot for caron????

why??????

Originally Posted by Woodside718

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09282008/sports/knicks/knicks_set_for_camp_saratoga_131042.htmhttp://www.nypost.com/sev..._camp_saratoga_131042.htm

* Overweight Eddy Curry Eddy Curry has made a bad first impression with the new regime, putting his starting center duties in jeopardy. Curry is ultra secretive about his weight, but a source claims he came in over 300 pounds. Considering he knew he needed to be lighter to excel in D'Antoni's breakneck offense, Curry may be looking to get moved. "This isn't an easy style for a man as big as he is," Walsh said. "If he can get himself in that kind of condition - that may take him some time - he is a very good athlete for a big man."

smh.gif
indifferent.gif
*** is wrong with him.... I know they playbasketball for a living, but don't people have some pride in their career? I mean basketball is his job....at this point, I'd rather move Curry thanRandolph (if it's possible), at least randolph rebounds and can be somewhat productive, even if he is a black hole....

Back
Top Bottom