OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

eek.gif

Just woke up to news on WFAN that the Knicks are looking to deal for the #5 pick while keeping #6. The deal would be David Lee+Malik Rose for #5 and BrianCardinal (who comes off the cap after next season).

I'd do it in a second!

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

eek.gif

Just woke up to news on WFAN that the Knicks are looking to deal for the #5 pick while keeping #6. The deal would be David Lee+Malik Rose for #5 and Brian Cardinal (who comes off the cap after next season).

I'd do it in a second!

eek.gif

eek.gif

Just woke up to news on WFAN that the Knicks are looking to deal for the #5 pick while keeping #6. The deal would be David Lee+Malik Rose for #5 and Brian Cardinal (who comes off the cap after next season).

I'd do it in a second!

Arrrrrghhhhhh, that's tempting, but Lee?
mad.gif
embarassed.gif
frown.gif
I don'tknowwwwwwww!!

eek.gif

I'd do it in a second!

eek.gif

Lee is not worth the number 5 pick. Trade Lee in a heartbeat and take whatever garbage they don't want and get that number 5.

take that trade...package 5+6 for miami's #2...draft beasley...should make for an exciting season and still have us lottery bound next year to pick up a PG

My thinking is this:

If you're undoubtedly rebuilding, and you're in a position to have 2 of the top 6 picks in a relatively deep draft while still protecting the capsituation in 2010, you push the button!

My thinking is this:

If you're undoubtedly rebuilding, and you're in a position to have 2 of the top 6 picks in a relatively deep draft while still protecting the cap situation in 2010, you push the button!

I'd do this in a heartbeat. Even if we don't trade for Miami's #2, having those picks would

a) Let us draft a PG early
b) Draft the best player on the board

David Lee is a good player, but we need someone who is more explosive on defense.

I still think our biggest offseason issue is getting rid of Randolph and/or Curry.

I would do that but I'm just a David Lee fan he plays with heart and I can not say that for most people on the roster.

from insider today:

Draft trade rumors abound
Tuesday, June 24, 2008 | Print Entry

Here are some quick hitters two days before the NBA draft from a number of NBA sources:

• A potential deal with Memphis and New York apparently has some legs. The Knicks, who have the No. 6 pick, would get the Grizzlies' No. 5 pick and give David Lee and other considerations to Memphis. New York would then select UCLA's Russell Westbrook and Italy's Danilo Gallinari with its No. 5 and No. 6 picks. If Memphis selects UCLA's Kevin Love, that is a strong indicator that the Grizzlies are keeping the pick.

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

from insider today:

Here are some quick hitters two days before the NBA draft from a number of NBA sources:

• A potential deal with Memphis and New York apparently has some legs. The Knicks, who have the No. 6 pick, would get the Grizzlies' No. 5 pick and give David Lee and other considerations to Memphis. New York would then select UCLA's Russell Westbrook and Italy's Danilo Gallinari with its No. 5 and No. 6 picks. If Memphis selects UCLA's Kevin Love, that is a strong indicator that the Grizzlies are keeping the pick.

tired.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif
sick.gif

Thought yall knew that
laugh.gif

I posted it in the draft thread yesterday mornin

I'd do it. no question.

from insider today:

tired.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif
sick.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

from insider today:

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

at # 5 and #6 it would be better if they took Mayo and Love
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, or Westbrook n Love
pimp.gif
, or Bayless and Love
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

I like Westbrook, but I dont know for some reason he reminds me of Ariza. All I know, we should tank the 2010 and get....

Lance_Stephenson.jpg

Damn, what's good with those Cardozo jerseys??

ma dude
pimp.gif

i used t ball up with Lance back in the day, son is NICE
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

from insider today:

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

at # 5 and #6 it would be better if they took Mayo and Love
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, or Westbrook n Love
pimp.gif
, or Bayless and Love
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yea i couldnt really be mad if we took a guard and love....i wouldnt mind a guard and randolph either

I sorta am intrigued by randolph as well...

if he works on his game, he might become what Jared Jeffries was supposed to be

Originally Posted by Woodside718

so basically its dlee for the italian.........
indifferent.gif

if we take the Italian at 6 than
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
especially at the expense of d Lee.

i mean i would do it if we take a PG lke Westbrook with one of the picks definitley (assuming Mayo gets picked at 3) but than take the best available pickwith #6 not Danilo im thinking Mayo Randolph since we desperately need a shot blocker i mean i rather even have Eric Gordon over Danilo... i mean if the ordergoes as follows...

1. Rose

2. Beasley

3. Mayo

4. Bayless

if its like that i say nay to the deal because getting a guy like Danlo, Randolph, or Gordon is not a good enough price to trade D lee. On the contrary ifwe think we can take 5 and 6 and package it to Miami and take Beasley to fill in D lee's spot at PF than you do that in a second. But Danilo is not evenclose to worth taking Lee. And than if we did trade for Beasley just let Steph and Nate run the point for anther year, and look for a point next year unless wecan get a good deal for a guy like TJ Ford or a later pick to take DJ.
Reportedly, Walsh has ordered Steph to get in shape and he's been in Vegas or something running up and down hills...this is supposed to be his best season..according to some news excerpt i saw on Hoopshype.

this point, i want Mayo, but i dont mind Bayless. here's hoping Seattle takes the Lopez kid. I dunno why Minny would take Mayo when they have a glut at the guard spots and about 2-3 combo guards...guess if he goes, he'd make someone VERY expendable (Mccants?)

i also have a feeling this'll be Steph's last year in the L. unless he can play for a Spurs or Celtic type team. given his rep, i dont think he'll be back.
i dont know if that scenario goes as i said above Steph can be capable of running the point with nate as a backup in his last season
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

my man Steph going Rocky Balboa running up mountains and %#*+
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom