OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Not arguing or anything, but who do the Clippers have that the T'wolves could want? Outside of Al Thornton(who I would believe is untradeable) there is nobody to fit into Minny's rebuilding stage.

The Clippers have a lot of expiring contracts that would intise the Wolves. Brand and Maggette both have expiring contracts.
And you really think Elton Brand will be traded? And I can't see them trading Maggette and having to take on a terrible contract like MarkoJaric or Antoine Walker.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I have faith in Walsh letting Steph's contract expire. There's no reason to think he'll do something Isiah-esque like trading him.

I think he knows we have to rebuild the right way.

I hope so. But a few ppl in this thread and some writers keep mentioning trading steph as a possibility which would be absolutely idiotic

^^Yeap...hit the nail right on the head. I doubt Mayo will still be there by #6. The Clippers have the resources, and personnel to trade all the way up to #3. Minnesota would still have an excellent chance at picking up Lopez at #7.

Look for the Clippers to move Mobley and Parker. They may even decided to move Maggette and Brand, because they have expiring contracts coming up.

I also expect other teams to try to trade up, the Knicks might end up moving Marbury draft night along with Crawford or Z-Bo.

And
smh.gif
at the dude for posting a NY Post article. You know that paper is filled with nothing, but lies.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
C'mon Man, you should know by now that the Daily Newshas been messing up recently and the Post has been owning them lol .....Marc Berman FTW, Mitch Lawrence, Frank Isola, Mike Lupica FTL when it comes tobasketball and the knicks

Originally Posted by THE GR8

also does anyone know the deal with buying out? Like if we bought Stephons contract out instead of trading him would his $/ still come all off the books when we buy him out? Or do we stillhave to wait til his contract expires? Im confused on all that cause if we could just get the whole contract off the books in 1 year we should try and buy out like 6 players
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^^if we do a buy out, his contract is still in the books and we would have to wait for it to expire. We're just paying for him to stay at home. I.E. Steve Francis and Blazers.

When we traded him to the Blazers, they ended up buying him out. Although, his contract is still in the books.

smh.gif
at us for not keeping him. His contract ends next season.

Not arguing or anything, but who do the Clippers have that the T'wolves could want? Outside of Al Thornton(who I would believe is untradeable) there is nobody to fit into Minny's rebuilding stage.

The Clippers have a lot of expiring contracts that would intise the Wolves. Brand and Maggette both have expiring contracts.
And you really think Elton Brand will be traded? And I can't see them trading Maggette and having to take on a terrible contract like Marko Jaric or Antoine Walker.

Antoine Walker has a team option on his contract after this year...and Marco Jaric has 3 years left on his contract. The wolves also have a lot of close to ending contracts.

Yea but they're not going to want to give up one of their young players. And with that said I can't see them trading Walker since his contract isbasically expiring. Only way I see them trading the pick to the Clippers is if they get rid of Jaric.

also does anyone know the deal with buying out? Like if we bought Stephons contract out instead of trading him would his $/ still come all off the books when we buy him out? Or do we stillhave to wait til his contract expires? Im confused on all that cause if we could just get the whole contract off the books in 1 year we should try and buy out like 6 players
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^^if we do a buy out, his contract is still in the books and we would have to wait for it to expire. We're just paying for him to stay at home. I.E. Steve Francis and Blazers.

When we traded him to the Blazers, they ended up buying him out. Although, his contract is still in the books.

smh.gif

yeah but how did Houston than sign Francis for a much lesser salary? Is Portland still paying him his $15 or so mil AND Houston is paying him? Just tryingto figure this whole thing out. If we did buy out Steph, would we still be paying him even if he signs with a different team for less $ like with Francis?Cause that would be tjhe right thing to do with at least 5 of our players. If we could buy out guys like curry and Q they would sign with other teams for less$, des that mean we would still pay them or do they just make the $ they get on their new team? Im confused can yall help me out? sorry
nerd.gif
roll.gif

I hope so. But a few ppl in this thread and some writers keep mentioning trading steph as a possibility which would be absolutely idiotic
AGREED. whenever i see rumors like this i just stop reading them because i know that they have absolutely 0 credibiltiy because Donnie Walsh isnot stupid and he knows that would be a dumb !@@$#+% move.

and about OJ, i REALLY hope we get him but i dont see him falling out of the top 5 or even top 3 for that matter. But you know i have always been positivesaying we will get Rose, we will make the playofffs... maybe a little negativity will hep us out and tan if we do get him i will take it as a very pleasantsuprise but if not i wont be heartbroken like i was after the lottery.
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

smh.gif

yeah but how did Houston than sign Francis for a much lesser salary? Is Portland still paying him his $15 or so mil AND Houston is paying him? Just trying to figure this whole thing out. If we did buy out Steph, would we still be paying him even if he signs with a different team for less $ like with Francis? Cause that would be tjhe right thing to do with at least 5 of our players. If we could buy out guys like curry and Q they would sign with other teams for less $, des that mean we would still pay them or do they just make the $ they get on their new team? Im confused can yall help me out? sorry
nerd.gif
roll.gif

Steve Francis is getting paid from the Blazers, and the Rockets.

So, if Marbury is bought out we would have to pay for his contract.

We pay by what we signed him for. So, if another team pays him less, we would still have to pay him the amount we signed him for.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

smh.gif

yeah but how did Houston than sign Francis for a much lesser salary? Is Portland still paying him his $15 or so mil AND Houston is paying him? Just trying to figure this whole thing out. If we did buy out Steph, would we still be paying him even if he signs with a different team for less $ like with Francis? Cause that would be tjhe right thing to do with at least 5 of our players. If we could buy out guys like curry and Q they would sign with other teams for less $, des that mean we would still pay them or do they just make the $ they get on their new team? Im confused can yall help me out? sorry
nerd.gif
roll.gif

Steve Francis is getting paid from the Blazers, and the Rockets.

So, if Marbury is bought out we would have to pay for his contract.

We pay by what we signed him for. So, if another team pays him less, we would still have to pay him the amount we signed him for.

iight i get it. Thanks
smile.gif

so in that case would yall be opposed if we bought out Stephon if we drafted another PG since we would have to pay him the same either way, and we wouldalready have nate as a backup he would probably only get in the way... but somewhere i feel that my man Steph has a little left in the tank. i dont know why,and i know i shouldnt but i still have some faith in my man Steph.
tired.gif

For my 1000th post, all I gotta say is "GO NEW YORK, GO NEW YORK, GO!".

When that day comes, sometime in the distant future, when I witness my beloved Knickerbockers win an NBA Title, all these days of misery and confusion willhave been worth it.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

For my 1000th post, all I gotta say is "GO NEW YORK, GO NEW YORK, GO!".

When that day comes, sometime in the distant future, when I witness my beloved Knickerbockers win an NBA Title, all these days of misery and confusion will have been worth it.
pimp.gif

i say that all the time, love the attitude my man, great 1000 post.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

If we draft Mayo or a pg, cut ties with Marbury immediately. I don't want him teaching our future players anything. Pay him to sdtay home.

Reportedly, Walsh has ordered Steph to get in shape and he's been in Vegas or something running up and down hills...this is supposed to be his bestseason..according to some news excerpt i saw on Hoopshype.

this point, i want Mayo, but i dont mind Bayless. here's hoping Seattle takes the Lopez kid. I dunno why Minny would take Mayo when they have a glut at theguard spots and about 2-3 combo guards...guess if he goes, he'd make someone VERY expendable (Mccants?)

i also have a feeling this'll be Steph's last year in the L. unless he can play for a Spurs or Celtic type team. given his rep, i dont think he'llbe back.

The Indiana Pacers and Toronto Raptors have held discussions about a possible trade involving Jermaine O'Neal and T.J. Ford, according to reports in the Indianapolis Star and the Toronto Star.
The Raptors -- eager to move an unhappy Ford and make Jose Calderon their starting point guard -- also would include center Rasho Nesterovic and possibly their first-round pick in Thursday's draft, both newspapers reported.

One sticking point might be O'Neal's health. He played in 42 games last season because of a left knee injury, though Pacers officials said recently that O'Neal is healthy, according to the Indianapolis star.

O'Neal, a six-time All-Star, averaged 13.6 points and 6.7 rebounds a game last season, and is currently working out in Las Vegas.

The six-time All-Star is spending the summer working out in Las Vegas.

A second issue might be the financial burden O'Neal poses. He is set to make $21 million this season, and $23 million in 2009-10.

Multiple reports surfaced this past weekend about a possible trade that would have the Raptors sending Ford and their first-rounder (No. 17 overall) to the Phoenix Suns for forward Boris Diaw.

trans.gif

[table][tr][td]�[/td] [/tr][/table]
[h1]WESTBROOK MAY BE 'ENGINE' THAT COULD[/h1]
[h3]By MARC BERMAN[/h3]
[img]http://www.nypost.com/seven/06242008/photos/sports069.jpg[/img]

RUSSELL WESTBROOKOn KnicksNew York Knicks
t.gif
' radar.

June 24, 2008 --

Mike D'Antoni has stated he wants an "engine" to propel his run-and-gun offensive attack, but for seven years the Knicks have also needed a guard who can defend the perimeter.

Defending the perimeter has been one of the Knicks' biggest weaknesses during their tragic fall and perhaps they can address both at Thursday night's Draft.

The Knicks are feeling UCLA 6-foot-3 sophomore point guard Russell Westbrook could be both an engine and stopper. The athletic, rugged guard has seen his stock explode since pre-draft workouts began earlier this month.

With Arizona guard Jerryd Bayless starting to fall off the Knicks' radar, the Knicks are hoping O.J. Mayo falls to six. But that is unlikely. As such, Westbrook has emerged as a strong candidate for the Knicks, if he's even still there.

There are rumblings Seattle, which was linked to Bayless, may opt for Westbrook instead. Indeed, one personnel director told The Post Bayless may sink the most Thursday night.

"He may be the best individual defender in the draft, on the perimeter anyway," ESPN Draft analyst Jay Bilas said yesterday of Westbrook. "He's got a lot to offer. He's a real hungry kid. He's worthy of a lottery selection, just a question of how high. "

Eric Gordon, more a shooting guard, is also a consideration, especially if Westbrook isn't there, and his handlers are trying to steer him to New York. Forward Danilo Gallinari, the 19-year-old Italian Stallion, is still being linked to the Knicks in some circles but may be too much of a reach and project at six.

Westbrook, his agent, and UCLA coach Ben Howland arrived in New York yesterday for the draft. Westbrook, the Pac-10 Defensive Player of the Year, was part of the first crop of Knick workouts June 4 - and actually went mano-a-mano against other players, unlike Bayless' and Gordon's solo workouts. Westbrook (12.7 ppg) is not a very good shooter but a great penetrator.

The personnel director said Westbrook, who turns 21 in November, may not have as high a ceiling as others, but will make a larger impact next season than almost anyone in the draft with his body being NBA-ready.

Bilas notes he's not a natural point guard, but Knicks president Donnie Walsh believes strongly that guards with ball-handing skills can make the transition. Westbrook said when UCLA PG Darren Collision went down, Westbook ran the show. Howland has always said he felt he had two PGs on the floor with those two.

Westbrook's agent refused a workout with Indiana at 11 last week, telling it he's been told he's got a Top 10 promise.

"I believe he'll go earlier than 11," Bilas said. "He's such a big-time athlete, so explosive. There are NBA personnel who believe he can make a transition and play point. I think he can bring the ball up and initiate offense. I don't consider him a point guard. He's not a natural at that position."

There is absolutely no reason or excuse to take Westbrook over Bayless at this point.

NONE.

I could see if Bayless was awful on that side, but he's not.

He's not as good a defender...but if you're taking Westbrook for that sole reason....it makes no sense.

Bayless is just a better and more talented player.

People are going overboard with Westbrook now, saying he can defend 3 positions.

Seriously? I'd love to see him attempt to stick an NBA 3.

I like Westbrook, but I dont know for some reason he reminds me of Ariza. All I know, we should tank the 2010 and get....

Lance_Stephenson.jpg

Damn, what's good with those Cardozo jerseys??

Back
Top Bottom