OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

^^thats what we all said about the lottery
ohwell.gif

^^all the years of hope and short comings have lead to me being so pessimistic. I try not to think irrationally anymore, because some Knick fans need to stepback and get a reality check.

I'm seriously thinking we might end up like the Los Angels Clippers, Minnesota Timberwovles, Arizona Cardinals, Detroit Lions, Vancouver Grizzles, KansasCity Royals syndrome. I doubt we will be good anytime soon.

I've prepared for us to be losing for 15+ years.

I understand we at least spend money, unlike those teams I just mentioned. But, with all these terrible decisions and just plain bad luck...things reallyaren't looking our way. Not to mention this Patrick Ewing curse that I seriously think were going through. I know i said I stopped thinking irrationally,but you gotta help but to believe we are cursed.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

I love the whole revamping the team, ala Boston Celtics, theme. After learning that this dude Westbrook was DPOY, I'm all the more inclined to have him running the show. A controlled offense will do wonders for a player like Crawford. He is too unique of a talent to let go, IMO. He gets buckets any way possible (when he feels like it). Sure he's streaky, as of now, and perhaps for his entire career, but damnit when this dude is ON he is ON
laugh.gif

My idea of a winning squad in NY would be something comparable to Iverson's Sixers when they were winning. Sure, they didn't win it all, but they ran into mutha *+@%#+* Shaq! Artest would be key to a team like that. He's got the individual defense that will help weaker defenders on the squad. He can score when needed, so we don't lose on either end. My guy of course is Lee. I think he needs a couple more seasons, put in work, grow his game, and he can potentially become the vocal leader on the squad. He'd need some BIG +$$ BALLS to call out a player like Artest on his squad though
laugh.gif
. I agree however that a pure shooter is needed. I just don't know who, or really at what position. With Crawford, Artest, and Lee locked into my lineup, I can only think of a bench SF or SG.

My lineup would go as follows:

PG - Westbrook (watched the highlights, didn't show D, but he can beast)
SG - Crawford (too unique, can do whatever he wants)
SF - Artest/Lee
PF Artest/ somebody
C - as of right now, any player not named Eddy Curry or Jerome James, gimme PJ Brown for that matter

I say the knicks should try to acquire this guy for defensive purposes
dalembert.jpg

Samuel Dalembert

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

^^all the years of hope and short comings have lead to me being so pessimistic. I try not to think irrationally anymore, because some Knick fans need to step back and get a reality check.

I'm seriously thinking we might end up like the Los Angels Clippers, Minnesota Timberwovles, Arizona Cardinals, Detroit Lions, Vancouver Grizzles, Kansas City Royals syndrome. I doubt we will be good anytime soon.

I've prepared for us to be losing for 15+ years.

I understand we at least spend money, unlike those teams I just mentioned. But, with all these terrible decisions and just plain bad luck...things really aren't looking our way. Not to mention this Patrick Ewing curse that I seriously think were going through. I know i said I stopped thinking irrationally, but you gotta help but to believe we are cursed.

laugh.gif
from now on, I'm going to ignore your posts until Draft timecomes......you're always raining on our fantasy parade
grin.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

^^i'm probably one of the biggest Knicks fans on this board....look at my user name for ___Sakes. I just stopped getting my hopes up, and having themcrushed down. Maybe I'm not as strong as other Knick fans out there, but IDK if i can take another hit like I did with this years lottery.

We took a hit when we signed Allan Houston to that huge contract,I took another hit when we re-signed Van Gundy and let Phil Jackson go to the Lakers, I tookanother hit when we drafted Weise, I took another hit when we let go of Latrell and took in Van Horn, I took another hit when Mcdycess hit the floor, I tookanother hit when we signed Vin Baker, I took another hit when we traded our entire future for Eddy Curry, I took another hit when we hired Larry Brown and himruining Channing Frye, I took another hit when we picked up Francis, I took about hit when we picked up Randolph, I took the biggest hit when Zeke won allthose games we shouldn't have won and we ended up with #6.

I just don't know if I can safely take another hit.

How come all the other teams around us seem to be doing great or has a bright future??? Why is it that we have all the bad luck?? How do you explain the Bullsgetting the top pick, after they had a great season 2 years ago??? How do you explain them getting top 3 picks for the last 5-6 years???

15+ years?!!!

So what, we wait until the next 'Bron comes along?
laugh.gif
By then, it'd be a half century since the last 'chip
eek.gif

You can't fault ownership for resigning Gundy and letting Jackson walk. I mean the following season Gundy took an 8th place team to the finals.

^^we lost Ewing to injury that year as well.
frown.gif
smh.gif

OK, you can scratch the whole letting Phil go, but look at all the other bad luck we've had. We're just not meant to win. The 90's we ran into MJand he took away a lot of our chances, and when he leaves...Charles Smith and John Starks ruins us.

smh.gif
were just not meant to win. Without a superstar in our roster, we will never win a chip. God, I hope we don't end up having the type of curse the RedSox had when they traded the Babe.

I'm talkin movin down to 16..

DJ won't be there.

Arthur can be more than a role player...

If you think..

Westbrook or DJ are franchise CHANGING players....that's just incorrect.

Arthur will be a better pro than Westbrook, possibly DJ too.

Westbrook = Antonio Daniels.

...both are a reach at 6.

To me, it's either Bayless or Mayo or trade out.

And no offense Gr8...I just think we have some different opinions right now.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

You can't fault ownership for resigning Gundy and letting Jackson walk. I mean the following season Gundy took an 8th place team to the finals.

Agreed. I feel you nycknicks on all you just said but at that time i would of been hella pissed if we ditched JVG after that.
tired.gif

but im with you on most of it. i cant say "weve had so much suffering its our time" i mean i said that about the lottery, this past season ***%always happens to us. I want Mayo more than anything but honestly i cant imagine him with us cause of all the ***% that weve been through so im just gonna gointo it expecting him to be top 5 and i will ecstatic if he falls... but at least we have to our advantage that OJ wants to play here, i guess that gives us alittle something but still we all saw what happened last year with Yi it aint up to the player unless he REALLY dont want to play and threatens to sit outwhich i doubt will be the case.

I can definitley feel a defenive center like Dalembert, but for that matter i could feel ANY center not named Curry.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Agreed.
roll.gif
roll.gif

its all good though brotha. At least we both want the same thing, opinions will always be varied.

EDIT: but on a positive note Herb is back on the bench
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

along with Dan D'Antoni and Phil Weber from d'Antoni's Phoenix staff heres the rundown on Weber from realgm.com
Weber joins the Knicks after nine seasons as an assistant coach in Phoenix, which included 4½ seasons as D'Antoni's assistant. The Northport, NY native's specialty is in skill and player development. He co-founded an academy for player development in Los Angeles with current Nets General Manager Kiki Vandeweghe. After leading Long Island Lutheran HS to a state championship, Weber played for Jim Valvano at North Carolina State. He served as an assistant coach at the University of Florida, Chaminade University, and Iona College before joining the Suns in September of 1999.

NY guy who develops players, sounds iight to me
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I'm talkin movin down to 16..

DJ won't be there.

Arthur can be more than a role player...

If you think..

Westbrook or DJ are franchise CHANGING players....that's just incorrect.

Arthur will be a better pro than Westbrook, possibly DJ too.

Westbrook = Antonio Daniels.

...both are a reach at 6.

To me, it's either Bayless or Mayo or trade out.

truth.

Man, I read the RealGM forum for the Knicks and just say to myself, that there is no way they watched college hoops, just no way
laugh.gif

This is probably the best place for a discussion around.

^^i agree with that
roll.gif
roll.gif

every other forum i see is just absolutely ridiculous. Those fools would get *%@$#$# out on the regular if they came up in here. There even dumber on thoseYahoo! rumor things and than you look at the comments...
eek.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

smh.gif
at this whole nba draft fiasco....The Knicks suck at drafting players. Just look at our track record.

[table][tr][td]Past First-Round Picks[/td] [td]NBA Career Averages[/td] [/tr][tr][td]YEAR[/td] [td]PICK[/td] [td]PLAYER[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]Channing Frye[/td] [td]9.4[/td] [td]5.2[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]David Lee[/td] [td]8.9[/td] [td]7.9[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]Michael Sweetney[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2002[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]Frank Williams[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2000[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]Donnell Harvey[/td] [td]5.6[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1999[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]Frederic Weis[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1997[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]John Thomas[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1996[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]John Wallace[/td] [td]7.6[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1996[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]Dontae' Jones[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1996[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]Walter McCarty[/td] [td]5.2[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1994[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]Charlie Ward[/td] [td]6.3[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1994[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]Monty Williams[/td] [td]6.3[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1992[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]Hubert Davis[/td] [td]8.2[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1991[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]Greg Anthony[/td] [td]7.3[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1990[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]Jerrod Mustaf[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1988[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]Rod Strickland[/td] [td]13.2[/td] [td]3.7[/td] [td]7.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1987[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]Mark Jackson[/td] [td]9.6[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]8.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1986[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]Kenny Walker[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1985[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]Patrick Ewing[/td] [td]21.0[/td] [td]9.8[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1983[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]Darrell Walker[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1982[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]Trent Tucker[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1980[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]Mike Woodson[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1979[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]Larry Demic[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1979[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]Bill Cartwright[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1979[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]Sylvester Williams[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1978[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]Micheal Ray Richardson[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1977[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]Ray Williams[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1975[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]Eugene Short[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1973[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]Mel Davis[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1972[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]Tom Riker[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1971[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]Dean Meminger[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1970[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]Mike Price[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1969[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]John Warren[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1968[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]Bill Hosket[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1967[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]Walt Frazier[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1966[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]Cazzie Russell[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1965[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]Dave Stallworth[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1965[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]Bill Bradley[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1964[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]Jim Barnes[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1963[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]Art Heyman[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1962[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]Paul Hogue[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1961[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]Tom Stith[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1960[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]Darrall Imhoff[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1959[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]Johnny Green[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1958[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]Mike Farmer[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1958[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]Pete Brennan[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1957[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]Brendan McCann[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr][/table]
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I want the guy who did all ou scouting in the 80's. He knew what he was doing.

^^he's a bum now anyways. After Larry Brown, and that injury he suffered at the end of that year he was never the same again.

We should've traded him for Kevin Garnett when we had the chance.

Originally Posted by petermans

i cant believe we traded away channing frye
frown.gif

Are u mad? Son was nothing but

home_soft_img.jpg

[table][tr][td]YEAR[/td] [td]PICK[/td] [td]PLAYER[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]Channing Frye[/td] [td]9.4[/td] [td]5.2[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]David Lee[/td] [td]8.9[/td] [td]7.9[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]Michael Sweetney[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2002[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]Frank Williams[/td] [td]2.9[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2000[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]Donnell Harvey[/td] [td]5.6[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1999[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]Frederic Weis[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1997[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]John Thomas[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1996[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]John Wallace[/td] [td]7.6[/td] [td]2.8[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [/tr][/table]
Sweetney WAS solid for a hot minute.
Frank Williams-
indifferent.gif

Donnell Harvey- Never even heard of dude
Weis- [insert joke here]
John Thomas- Sounds familiar but SMH
John Wallace- half way decent, nothing more.

[walt frazier] how sweet it isss [walt frazier], yea sweetney was beasting for a min
laugh.gif
and frank williams getting bodied by jkidd
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by FlatbushKING

DJ Augustin workout w/ Trailblazers
D.J. Augustin looked great. He had his game going today, showing off just about everything that you'd like to see from an NBA point guard. He's 6-foot, but he's got good length and decent size in general. He shot the ball extremely well, going 38-of-50 during the 3-point shooting drill. His jumper is about as pretty as they come: smooth, compact and fluid. He went 9-for-10, 8-for-10 and 10-for-10 on the first three 3-point stations. He faded a little at the end, but that's to be expected after going full speed for an hour.

Augustin ran the pick and roll to near perfection. Super quick off the dribble. Displays a great pump fake that defenders bought just about every time. Pull up jumper was on the money (which obviously helps the pump fake). Knows what to do when he gets into the paint, be it finishing or finding the open man after drawing a defender. Likes to drive the lane and kick out to the open man on the perimeter. He also likes to cut and move without the ball. Adept at splitting double teams. He got to the basket numerous times by cutting in between two defenders

Man, I really want DJ.

Lol what's good with Lebron James sneakers at the NBA store?

I haven't been there in a while...went in and I noticed an autographed orange and blue lebron sneakers.....Is this a sign?
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Just like Derrick Rose.

I wouldn't put much stock in Lebron coming, we should be thinking about plan b and c which are more realistic.

Back
Top Bottom