OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

I would actually like OJ on the Knicks, I'm not a Knicks fan, but I think he could fit in well in NY

Of course OJ would fit in well in NY, just with the name like OJ the media will be enamored with him. Think of the headlines if OJ explodes and drops like 40three straight games, "The Juice is Loose" That's the type of moxie you need in NY.

iight yall gonna call me crazy cause imma throw some crazy %*%$ out right here. But imma give us a little Boston-esque revamp right here. Cause i was thinkingbout that and i was wondering if there is ANY way we could win next year. I dont know if any of this can happen but imma throw it out there.

basically everything has to work out for us...

OJ falls to #6 and we draft him

than on the draft night we find a way to trade Z bo and Balkman to Detroit and get Sheed in return

than to add some sharp shooting to our already talented team (although his contract is a burden) we ship our original starting SG Jamal Crawford (because hestoo streaky) and Eddy Curry to Milwaukee for Michael Redd (and than we revamp him like the Cs did to Ray)

than Artest ops out and we find a way to sgn him for the MLE since we are already talented why not spend $ to win?

so our lineup for next year would be...

PG- OJ/Nate
SG- Redd/Q Rich
SF- Artest/Wilson
PF- Lee/(add free agent signee here)
C-SHEEEEEED/(add free agent signee here)
i know its nuts but if all that would work out we would beat the Celtics
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i mean we would have OJ run %*%$ and than hes got a deadly hooter on the wing and than we got Artest who would shut Paul Pierce the %$@@ down every time weplay him and he would serve a similar to Pierce role on our team as the heart and soul as he can score as well and has that NY toughness.

than downlow we are gritty defensively. Sheed can do anything you want and would be $ and we would have him guard KG as well. And than we would have Lee be urtrash man doing all the little things, scoring on tip ins, and getting boards, etc.

once again i know none of this %*%$ is even in reach but you know what i just wanted to throw out my Celtic style revamp in the spirit of them winning it andsee what yall think cause that team would beat the Cs and basketball would be so exciting especially with a NY/Boston rivalry.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

iight yall gonna call me crazy cause imma throw some crazy %*%$ out right here. But imma give us a little Boston-esque revamp right here. Cause i was thinking bout that and i was wondering if there is ANY way we could win next year. I dont know if any of this can happen but imma throw it out there.

than on the draft night we find a way to trade Z bo and Balkman to Detroit and get Sheed in return

than to add some sharp shooting to our already talented team (although his contract is a burden) we ship our original starting SG Jamal Crawford (because hes too streaky) and Eddy Curry to Milwaukee for Michael Redd (and than we revamp him like the Cs did to Ray)

than Artest ops out and we find a way to sgn him for the MLE since we are already talented why not spend $ to win?

PG- OJ/Nate
SG- Redd/ Crawford Q Rich WAY TO MUCH MONEY...
SF- Artest/Wilson
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i mean we would have OJ run %*%$ and than hes got a deadly hooter on the wing and than we got Artest who would shut Paul Pierce the %$@@ down every time we play him and he would serve a similar to Pierce role on our team as the heart and soul as he can score as well and has that NY toughness.

than downlow we are gritty defensively. Sheed can do anything you want and would be $ and we would have him guard KG as well. And than we would have Lee be ur trash man doing all the little things, scoring on tip ins, and getting boards, etc.

once again i know none of this %*%$ is even in reach but you know what i just wanted to throw out my Celtic style revamp in the spirit of them winning it and see what yall think cause that team would beat the Cs and basketball would be so exciting especially with a NY/Boston rivalry.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i dunno about redd we need to be ready for 2010 so we can scoop up LBJ

I'd just try to get Mayo, and then clear up cap space for 2010. If we Sheed then we can get cap space after next season.

Originally Posted by nightruans

iight yall gonna call me crazy cause imma throw some crazy %*%$ out right here. But imma give us a little Boston-esque revamp right here. Cause i was thinking bout that and i was wondering if there is ANY way we could win next year. I dont know if any of this can happen but imma throw it out there.

than to add some sharp shooting to our already talented team (although his contract is a burden) we ship our original starting SG Jamal Crawford (because hes too streaky) and Eddy Curry to Milwaukee for Michael Redd (and than we revamp him like the Cs did to Ray)

PG- OJ/Nate
SF- Artest/Wilson
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i mean we would have OJ run %*%$ and than hes got a deadly hooter on the wing and than we got Artest who would shut Paul Pierce the %$@@ down every time we play him and he would serve a similar to Pierce role on our team as the heart and soul as he can score as well and has that NY toughness.

than downlow we are gritty defensively. Sheed can do anything you want and would be $ and we would have him guard KG as well. And than we would have Lee be ur trash man doing all the little things, scoring on tip ins, and getting boards, etc.

once again i know none of this %*%$ is even in reach but you know what i just wanted to throw out my Celtic style revamp in the spirit of them winning it and see what yall think cause that team would beat the Cs and basketball would be so exciting especially with a NY/Boston rivalry.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm sorry, but we would be lucky to win 35 games with that group. There's no chemsitry or pure point guard to run the offense. Then you throw inArtest, Sheed, Redd and Mayo who are all gonna want to score and there won't be enough shots to go around. We've been trying to go for the quick fixfor the past 6 years, just clear the cap, rebuild and get some young talent.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by nightruans

PG- OJ/Nate
SF- Artest/Wilson
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm sorry, but we would be lucky to win 35 games with that group. There's no chemsitry or pure point guard to run the offense. Then you throw in Artest, Sheed, Redd and Mayo who are all gonna want to score and there won't be enough shots to go around. We've been trying to go for the quick fix for the past 6 years, just clear the cap, rebuild and get some young talent.

i feel you on that and im wit you. i was just throwing something out there for a team that could win next year and if we wanted to i think Redd should bethe guy because you need a shootwer in there and i think that team would win alot. But i agree we sjouldnt go for the quick fix and all that would not belikely anyway... at all. I say go with what we got try and take Mayo and out of all those moves try and go for just Sheed cause he is a great player and salarywise he is WAYYY better than Z bo since his contract expires next season. And maybe we would be able to resign him for less $ or just let go of him and addmore cap room.

I love the whole revamping the team, ala Boston Celtics, theme. After learning that this dude Westbrook was DPOY, I'm all the more inclined to have himrunning the show. A controlled offense will do wonders for a player like Crawford. He is too unique of a talent to let go, IMO. He gets buckets any waypossible (when he feels like it). Sure he's streaky, as of now, and perhaps for his entire career, but damnit when this dude is ON he is ON
laugh.gif

My idea of a winning squad in NY would be something comparable to Iverson's Sixers when they were winning. Sure, they didn't win it all, but they raninto mutha *+@%#+* Shaq! Artest would be key to a team like that. He's got the individual defense that will help weaker defenders on the squad. He canscore when needed, so we don't lose on either end. My guy of course is Lee. I think he needs a couple more seasons, put in work, grow his game, and he canpotentially become the vocal leader on the squad. He'd need some BIG +$$ BALLS to call out a player like Artest on his squad though
laugh.gif
. I agree howeverthat a pure shooter is needed. I just don't know who, or really at what position. With Crawford, Artest, and Lee locked into my lineup, I can only think ofa bench SF or SG.

My lineup would go as follows:

PG - Westbrook (watched the highlights, didn't show D, but he can beast)
SG - Crawford (too unique, can do whatever he wants)
SF - Artest/Lee
PF Artest/ somebody
C - as of right now, any player not named Eddy Curry or Jerome James, gimme PJ Brown for that matter

^^im with you on Lee and im with you on Crawford as well but he NEEDS to show me he can do what he does consistently. Cause there was that stretch last seasonwhere i thought exactly what you talking bout about Jamal and than he turned right ack into that streaky shooter.

I would also love Artest he is one of my favorite players and he would be $ but it looks like hes going back to Sac town and it would hurt our chaces withBron.

GET SHEEEED

The only reason I'm willing to get Sheed is because he only has 1 year left on his contract. After the year, we get some serious cap relieve.

If we have the opportunity to trade Z-bo for Sheed I'm all for it.

[h1]Knicks Still Debating Draft Or Trade?[/h1]

[h3]Jun 19, 2008 6:39 AM EST[/h3]

It is unclear whether the Knicks plan to use their first round pick, sixth overall, in next week's NBA draft or trade for a solid player, the New York Post is reporting.

Either way, they would like to come away from draft night with a point guard for the future.

Toronto's T.J. Ford, Milwaukee's Mo Williams, Indiana's Jamaal Tinsley, and Portland's Jarrett Jack are on the block. Sources have indicated Raptors' General Manager Bryan Colangelo, who picks 17th and is looking to move up, has been most active.

UCLA's Russell Westbrook appears to have impressed Donnie Walsh the most out of the point guards who probably will be available at pick six.

This draft is hella important. I'd rather not trade away picks though, we've suffered trememdously in the past few years from that route, while othersquads get better because we squandered those picks.

Only way I can see us trading this pick is if we can shed contracts in the process. Otherwise we keep it and draft the best available player, whoever that ison Walsh's board.

^I think that they like Westbrook so it will be him unless we take Joe Alexander who Walsh also likes a lot. We are in a tough situations with this pick. But Ido think that we should trade the pick and try hard to clear some cap space. If we are still trying to make a run at James in 2010. But honestly if we can geta guard in free agency I would not mind taking Anthony Randolph with this pick.

^^We wont pick Joe. i know if Mayo is gone its either a trade or Westbrook. Walsh wants a point and unles she trades for one he likes Westbrook and thats theman, and if we get a pick later it will be DJ.

EDIT: and we wont get a quality uard in FA we dont have the cap and theres no need to spend more $ right now

^^i agree but there may be more. what if we swap picks? Theres a shot. Probably not but i can hope
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

There's no way in hell that Joe trades 'Sheed for Zach.

i guess you missed the reports out of Detroit papers that are saying the pistons are interested in Z-Bo

The only article I saw from Detroit mentioning Zach was an opinion based one basically saying that Zach would be a better fit then 'Melo.

Did I miss one?

Back
Top Bottom