OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

anyway i was boed and i found this video on Russell Westbrook. I mean cmon i know its just a video but can any of you guys see Rondo do half the *%%! that hedoes. I know his jumpshot is not complete but at least he has one and with the right coaching he can become a consistent shooter. I mean he is a better scorerthan Rondo is by far and i believe that he is more athletic as well. i mean just look at some of the *%%! this guy does in the video.... He was also the Pac 10DPOY idk this guy could be a very solid pickup... I mean he has grwat size, hes a great athlete, he has PG skills, hes a great defender and he can be a solidscorer as well. His ceiling is really sky high.

Originally Posted by Woodside718

Originally Posted by THE GR8

^^yeah that is only the reason i kind of dont mind the D'Antoni move for the short run just to be exciting until we have a team which has potential to win. Because i would much rather have a fun to watch team that dont play D rather than whatevr you want to call that !%+% we saw last year.

!+!% was sad wat happened last year
indifferent.gif
, down double digits in the first half for like every game
indifferent.gif

that's been the case for years...not just last season

nah but last season was oddddddd, down 20 first half, down 40 to the 76ers, no heart, isiah, steph leavin on the 4th game of the season it goes on and on

I guess I wouldnt mind Westbrook TOO much after what Im hearing about him as time goes on....But my wishlist is still...

1a. Dump Randolph on somebody while trading down, and draft DJA

1b. Stay at 6 and have OJ fall to us (I realize its not likely, although it is a possiblity)

Originally Posted by Woodside718

nah but last season was oddddddd, down 20 first half, down 40 to the 76ers, no heart, isiah, steph leavin on the 4th game of the season it goes on and on

Agreed. last season was even worse than the Larry Brown season.

I talked to a few sources yesterday who have been at some of the workouts and around the team more than me in the past few weeks. And multiple people told methat they strongly feel that the Knicks will get Mayo. Apparently the word out of Minnesota is that they are very high on Brook Lopez. Now this can all be asmokescreen but it bodes well from the Knicks.

*somewhere GR8 is smiling*

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

I talked to a few sources yesterday who have been at some of the workouts and around the team more than me in the past few weeks. And multiple people told me that they strongly feel that the Knicks will get Mayo. Apparently the word out of Minnesota is that they are very high on Brook Lopez. Now this can all be a smokescreen but it bodes well from the Knicks.

eek.gif

*crosses fingers*

Point guards don't need to be great shooters imo. Just run the offense, break down the d, play lockdown defense and make the open shot.
With that said if Mayo is gone, Westbrook is my guy.

Do it Mitch!!!

I talked to a few sources yesterday who have been at some of the workouts and around the team more than me in the past few weeks. And multiple people told me that they strongly feel that the Knicks will get Mayo. Apparently the word out of Minnesota is that they are very high on Brook Lopez. Now this can all be a smokescreen but it bodes well from the Knicks.

eek.gif
nerd.gif
smokin.gif

I posted this in the offseason thread but it was being reported that the Knicks offered us Randolph and the 6th for Reggie Evans and the 16th...which theSixers turned down...

GR8: I just don't see why you are so high on Barbosa. Dude has NO skills outside of jacking up shots and blindly driving to the hoop. I mean he is a goodoffensive sparkplug off the bench, but this dude has absolutely NOTHING outside of that instant offense type game.

We basically have a bootleg/****** version of him on the team anyway in Nate. I will be terribly disappointed in the Knicks if they acquire Barbosa.

edit: I forgot to add he has like a (-)100 basketball i.q. Please don't bring this kid to NY.

Originally Posted by Kayway8

I posted this in the offseason thread but it was being reported that the Knicks offered us Randolph and the 6th for Reggie Evans and the 16th...which the Sixers turned down...

thanks for the breaking news update.....

from 2 weeks ago
eyes.gif

Oh they declined it two weeks ago?...Or it was being rumored?...Oh okay just making sure...Come correct next time little boy...

clearly the knicks couldn't have made any formal offer for philly to reject before the July 1st free agent signing period begins...everything discussed upuntil then is all rumors...how much more correctness would you like me to bring?

happy.gif

I few more days left of dreamin....

everything discussed up until then is all rumors
Read that sentence back to yourself. Because there's not much I could do with that.

Maybe you don't fully understand how this business works. Deals can be put together and "finalized." The signing of the paperwork to make thingsofficial, doesn't happen until after the guidelines are reached. That specific deal was ON THE TABLE. And the Sixers recently stated that they have nointerest after further discussions...laying the rumors to rest.

So to break down my first statement for you...THE DEAL IS DEAD...

Read that sentence back to yourself. Because there's not much I could do with that.

Maybe you don't fully understand how this business works. Deals can be put together and "finalized." The signing of the paperwork to make things official, doesn't happen until after the guidelines are reached. That specific deal was ON THE TABLE. And the Sixers recently stated that they have no interest after further discussions...laying the rumors to rest.

why do you keep coming up in here and talking to us about news we have known for 2 weeks already?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
we get it

Maybe you don't fully understand how this business works. Deals can be put together and "finalized." The signing of the paperwork to make things official, doesn't happen until after the guidelines are reached. That specific deal was ON THE TABLE. And the Sixers recently stated that they have no interest after further discussions...laying the rumors to rest.

to break down my first and second statements to you...THE DEAL NEVER WAS...did donnie call stefanski? probably. did he say something along the lines of"we'll give you z-bo and #6 for evans and #16? probably. did they discuss a deal? probably. did they MAKE a deal? no. were papers exchanged? no

in your own words...the RUMORS were laid to rest...RUMORS =/= imminent trade

^Dude...it's a RUMORED DEAL...A rumor is Team A is interested in a player from Team B...

Both sides had players and picks involved. That makes it a DEAL.

And GR8 I wasn't talking to you so don't make an issue out of it.

All in all...Let that *%%%* breathe...

^Dude...it's a RUMORED DEAL...A rumor is Team A is interested in a player from Team B...

Both sides had players and picks involved. That makes it a DEAL.

And GR8 I wasn't talking to you so don't make an issue out of it.

All in all...Let that *%%%* breathe...

whoa calm down son
roll.gif
roll.gif

im not trying to make a deal about it. I just dont get why this is still going on. Theres no deal. wh cares how close it was. its old news. Lets just dropit. No need to start something over it.

Back
Top Bottom