OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Why not try him out for 2 years? He'd come dirt cheap, and we could give him a contract that would expire the same year we have all those other contractscoming off the cap.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Why not try him out for 2 years? He'd come dirt cheap, and we could give him a contract that would expire the same year we have all those other contracts coming off the cap.

That's what I said a few paes back, give the guy a 2 year deal with an option for the league minium or a million a year. And if he can't play thenwhatever, but if he could you just got a hell of a talent for nothing.

YO! somebody hook me up with a pic of John Starks throwing the middle finger at the crowd
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

This is from a Detroit newspaper

Zach Randolph a Piston?

[h5]DREW SHARP[/h5] [h1]Who needs Carmelo? Ex-Spartan Zach Randolph is just what the Pistons need[/h1]
June 16, 2008

How about Zach Randolph as a Piston?

adlabel_horz.gif

The New York Knicks power forward fits the profile that Joe Dumars defined as prerequisites for a trade. Randolph is an impact player. He'll definitely fill a void, providing a consistent low-post offensive presence.

But the most intriguing aspect of courting Randolph is that it might not cost the Pistons as much as trying to get Carmelo Anthony or Tracy McGrady.

Randolph, the former Michigan State star, doesn't fit in new Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni's up-tempo offensive philosophy. He also has three years and an outrageous $48 million remaining on his contract, making him even more expendable.

The Pistons should have gone after Randolph last season, when Portland shopped him around, but Dumars was confident that his veteran core had at least one more serious shot at the crown.

The Pistons would be a good spot for Randolph, who's still battling issues with immaturity. He's not a leader.

He remains a follower.

Getting maximum production from him on the court and respectable conduct off the court are incumbent upon placing him on a team with strong positive influences in the locker room, on the coaching staff and in the front office

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

Uh oh,

Seeing THE GR8 is like going to see Oz.
laugh.gif

Hopefully my fanhood will be accepted.

.......................... NAHHHHHHHH

and just for the sake of the argument... Not a seak were you a swamprat pre 2000? Because that is also a big time determing factor. Because im not accepting any frontrunning mother !*%$!! who turns his back on his team to go to another team on the rise back into that team. A real fan sticks with his team no matter what and than when the good times do come (i really have no %!$!%+% clue when that will be) it will make it all the sweeter.

eek.gif
I never said I was turning my back on the Nets, I'm from Jerseyand will be a Nets fan til death, or until the become the Brooklyn ___
roll.gif
(JK), I wasn't into sports and started watching NBA in about 2001-2002, When LA was in the midst of their mini-dynasty. I'm not trying to hopon any bandwagon, especially the Knicks, I'm from the east and when ever the Knicks weren't playing my Nets I would root for them. I saw the Knicks gofrom Play off competing, to the laughing stock of the NBA in a 4 year period(2003 I think they played the Nets in the playoff)

Like I said, I'm not jumping on the bandwagon, I've always rooted for them and actually thought they'd be some what good this year. Even if myfanhood isn't accepted on NT I will continue to root for them. They will be my second favorite team in the league whether or not Its like on here.
Wellwith that said, I don't like Walsh's 2010 plan, if Lebron or Wade doesn't want to come to NY what happens?

LeBron if he relocates will probably go to Jersey since he is friends with Jay-Z, and Wade will actually have young talent around him. So then what? Also, Idon't think Curry will be able to be moved, if anything maybe try to Z-Bo, David Lee(I know nice rebounder and energy guy) and the 6 to Memphis for J-Crittand the 5.

I know its a lot, but if Mayo falls to 5 Memphis will not pass up on him, also we give up Z-Bo's large contract but at the price of David Lee. J-Critt isan athletic point guard and he showed flashes of being a good PG in the league, this also helps with Donnie's 2010 plan. Just Ideas.

So THE GR8, will you accept me, I'm only 16
tired.gif
. Strap a little fellaunder your wing and show me the way
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Sheed for Z-Bo

Do it Mitch!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
That would be the happiest day of my life.

roll.gif
roll.gif
no way Dumars jumps on that. Thats just some media $!$% throwing rumors out therecause the Pistons may look to deal and Z Bo is from Michigan. No way Dumars is dumb enough to @$!$ up a still elite team with that cancer.... but if he does
eek.gif
smokin.gif

also a rumor that has not been talked about.... Michael Redd. If we can trade Z Bo in the process i am 100% down. His game is soooo CLEAN. I think he may bethe most underated player in the league and in my opinion he has the best jumper in the league (even better than Rays). If we can trade a guy like Z bo and gethim he would be perfect for the D'Antoni system if we can get a PG with him to run the break and give him his looks. He would be $ on that team. If wecould get him and than a young PG (Mayo can develop into that... if not Augustine cause if we got Redd we would probably have to swapm picks and take DJ whichas advertised i am ok with as long as Mayo is off if the result would be to get rid of Z Bo and getting Redd) and some freaking big man that can play D(SHEEEEED
smokin.gif
), we will be on the right track.

If we can somehow work that off to get Redd and take Augustine at #8 we would be in pretty good shape with the backcourt IMO. Than we would have to rebuildthe front court.... (SHEED
roll.gif
wont happen though)

but if we can SOMEHOW get sheed and Redd that would be
pimp.gif
and we wouldbe getting 2 of my favorite players in the L.

EDIT: and now that you have cleared things up Not a Sneak your application has been...

76535512e12fae23cbe216d85626757295c2d93.gif

Jp my man just had to do it
roll.gif
roll.gif
But for real i guess thats straight since you are from jersey and startedwatching ball when you became a Nets fan so i guess its cool to root fo the Knicks as well. By no means are you aKnicks fan but i can accept your opinion as aworried outsider. You just cant be a Nets/Knicks fan nothing against you but i just cant stand those "swamprats" who were Knicks fans in the 90s andthan picked up the Nets at the millenium. But its pretty straight in your situation.
So THE GR8, will you accept me, I'm only 16
tired.gif
. Strap a little fella under your wing and show me the way
tongue.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
youre officially my favorite Nets fan (although that doesnt say much) but yeah yo i got you. Youre approved. Your opinion will be validated on here,but you are still not a Knicks fan.

Keep Redd far, far away from the Knicks. He is nowhere capable of being a number 1 option and not a player worth rebuilding around. Redd needs to go to acompetitor lacking a big number 2 option, that's his best fit. Not a number 1 option in the Knicks shoot friendly offense.

Yeah, swamprats=cityrats we are all the same in my eyes.
laugh.gif

Hm. How do you like that memphis trade I drew up?

Mock Drafts have NY drafting Anthony Randolf who I wanted the Nets to draft if he slipped.

^^i dont want him as a #1 guy either. I say that we should get him if it means trading Z bo and also if Mayo is off the board and get him to be the jumpshooting swing man that is necessary in d'Antoni's offense. Maybe he will be the #1 option for a year or 2, but we need to try and get a #1 (likeLebron) a little later. but he is perfect for that role in our offensive scheme. And plus he is a better #1 than Crawford to hold us down for the next year or2. Than we will have DJ (Nate as backup) and him in the backcourt, get Bron at the 3, Lee at the 4, and find a 5 who could just chill block shots, and playsome D, and than we are golden.

I rather just have Crawford, he's cheaper and I think more versatile. Redd can't really create his own shot off the dribble like Crawford and also Irather not tie up any money in a guy like Redd or anybody for that matter.

There's no way in hell the Grizzlies trade down or take Randolph. The whole Pau Gasol disaster was to get under the cap and try and cut costs, hence whyMike Miller is on the market. I'd take Crittenton here in a heartbeat though. I was hoping the Knicks would draft him last year but he never made it thatfar.

^^im with you but like i said what if we could trade Z Bo and still get DJ Augustine to run the point at #8 if OJ is not available at #6...

but if he is than i say no go on the whole deal.

But for real we should go for Sheed... at least try

EDIT: just looked up the contracts. Redd is making 14 mil this year for a 4 year span!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

i dont know about Redd than
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

SHEED
pimp.gif
(for Z bo
laugh.gif
)

zbo for sheed! make it happen donnie! even if sheed only ends up playing 41 games cuz he gets suspended for the other 41 for too many T's

FROM ESPN
OJ MAYO has only worked out for the Heat and Knicks....Could this be a sign?
eek.gif

To date, O.J. Mayo has had only two workouts -- one for the Heat in Chicago and another one this week in New York.

Mayo traveled to New York and worked out for the Knicks on Thursday and sources say he had an excellent workout -- shooting the lights out in drills. "He can come in and start for just about any team in the league," one Knicks source told Insider. "I'm not sure he's a super, superstar, but I think he could at least be Brandon Roy."

Other notes:
-Kevin Love was extremely unimpressive when he worked out with the knicks and was outplayed
by Kosta Koufus.
-Knick source says Westbrook reminds him of Rajon Rondo with a jumpshot
-Donnie wants either Jerryd Bayless or OJ Mayo but he doesn't know if he can get them.
-Clippers desperately trying to move up to #3

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

FROM ESPN
eek.gif

To date, O.J. Mayo has had only two workouts -- one for the Heat in Chicago and another one this week in New York.

Mayo traveled to New York and worked out for the Knicks on Thursday and sources say he had an excellent workout -- shooting the lights out in drills. "He can come in and start for just about any team in the league," one Knicks source told Insider. "I'm not sure he's a super, superstar, but I think he could at least be Brandon Roy."

Other notes:
-Kevin Love was extremely unimpressive when he worked out with the knicks and was outplayed
by Kosta Koufus.
-Donnie wants either Jerryd Bayless or OJ Mayo but he doesn't know if he can get them.

AT LEAST BRANDON ROY??!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

MAKE IT HAPPEN DONNIE!!!!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

we need OJ here
pimp.gif
at him only working out for us and Miami
pimp.gif
pull a Stevie

I mean i already knew it before i saw that, but Rondo with a jumper
eek.gif
.Westbrooks offense is a little raw and streaky but he will be a very nice player in this league and his D and athletisism is
pimp.gif
i would be more than OK with him as a constolation prize. Hes my #2 guy for usafter OJ. But i also would advocate trading down, clearing some cap, and taking DJ Augustine who would be perfect for us and is a great ;leader and a matureplayer... Of course that is only if Juice is off the board.

FROM ESPN
eek.gif

Other notes:
by Kosta Koufus.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Photoshop Mayo in a knicks jersey QUICK!!!

If we got wallace what would our lineup look like????
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

the talks of the italian is starting to die and the talk for mayo is starting to rise
pimp.gif
, the draft cant come any sooner

If that kid had a jumpshot, he wouldn't be available at 6.

I'd like to know who that 'source' is.

FROM ESPN
eek.gif

Other notes:
by Kosta Koufus.

still no guarantee that he'll be on the board. the bucks didn't work out Yi last year and still drafted him. it's not like OJ's abilitiesare a secret. i'd still be shocked and pleasantly so if he was on the board for us at #6

Originally Posted by Al3xis

If that kid had a jumpshot, he wouldn't be available at 6.

I'd like to know who that 'source' is.

Westbrook can shoot. He doesnt have a 4 jumper and it is definitley streaky but he can make shots. If he has an open 3 he will take it. Hes a guy that youcant leave open cause he will hit shots. Its not like he will be firing up js all day, but its not like rondo where you could leave him wide open and you knowthe shot will be
sick.gif

Im hoping that this Mayo coming to NY **+% will be true and than we find a way to woo Dumars and get Sheed. But i dont know if either will happen. MaybeMayo doesnt want to play for a low market city, but i hear that the Wolves wont keep #3. I think Mayo will end up being the third pick. Whether Minny finds away to trade up and get Beasley at 2, the Heat will take Mayo. And if they trade down it looks like the Clips want to move up from #7 and they wannt Mayo, andyou know Mayo wouldnt mind staying in LA.

Although there is a chance, think it is unlikely Mayo drops to #6 becasue of trades and **+% that will happen. Maybe if the order is likeit is right now hemay fall but there will be moves. Our best shot at Mayo would be to try and trade up for that #3 pick. But we would probab;y have to take on more bad contractsand give up some talent in return and i dont think any of us would feel thats the right move for this franchise especially if we want bron in 2010.
eyes.gif

I'm sayin for a PG he does not have NBA range, at all.

He shot 33% from the college 3...with a talented cast and Love kicking out.....that's awful.

I'll be pleased with Mayo...but won't be heartbroken if he isn't there.

Now, I can live with Westbrook...I don't understand taking him with DJ on the board...but the kid will bring D...I don't know what else....but at leasthe'll do that.

Joe Alexander...ABSOLUTELY NOT.

He and Chandler are the same age, and Chandler is the better player.

Somebody tell me if you've ever see Alexander do anything but drive right, pull up jumper...or get a dunk.

Bob Huggins is the only reason he started utilizing his athletic ability...he had to be on his case all season to keep him aggressive...he is SOFT...has noleft hand, not a very good defender, and CAN'T pass. He'll just be another ball stopper on this team. And a guy who needs the ball to be worthanything.

Why doesn't he get that stigma though of just an athlete and someone who needs the ball to be effective? Probably his skin color, to be honest.

Chandler is already at that position and is a better player. People say Chandler doesn't have a jumper or NBA range...HELLO, Joe Alexander didn't haveCOLLEGE 3 point range. He WON'T shoot NBA 3's, because he CAN'T.

His all midrange, jumping over people jumpers or just a dunk. Nothing else. Nothing else at all. When he goes against someone who can jump with him, andcontests those pull ups..they don't fall.

If we're going the scoring route, take Gordon...cause he's a better player.

Back
Top Bottom