OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

flatbush i cant wait for any type of ny basketball so summer league is a must seeing how our season ended around november
smh.gif

OJ a Knick (for a day)..
laugh.gif

capt.0e4ddb738e244b7dbdf6174bcb19972c.knicks_mayo_basketball_nyma104.jpg

capt.0f18c29291e140d4ab3169c0dc778a94.knicks_mayo_basketball_nyma101.jpg

O.J. Mayo, from Southern California, speaks to reporters at the New York Knicks basketball training facility, Thursday, June 12, 2008 in Greenburgh, N.Y.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

LOL @ the GO NY video.....idk about anyone else but I actually can't wait for Summer League games.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
do yall remember how hyped up summer league got us last year... kinda funny looking back
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

OJ
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dyyhard

OJ a Knick (for a day)..
laugh.gif

O.J. Mayo, from Southern California, speaks to reporters at the New York Knicks basketball training facility, Thursday, June 12, 2008 in Greenburgh, N.Y.
Why does this seem so familar????.....o yea
tired.gif

Wade1.jpg

Wade2.jpg

Originally Posted by FlatbushKING

OJ a Knick (for a day)..
laugh.gif

tired.gif

Wade1.jpg

Wade2.jpg
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Holy crap LOL

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

Originally Posted by FlatbushKING

OJ a Knick (for a day)..
laugh.gif

tired.gif

Wade1.jpg

Wade2.jpg
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Holy crap LOL

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
mad.gif
amn whod we get int hat draft again... was that Sweetney?

Mike was a player...his dad passing away just messed him up somethin serious
tired.gif
frown.gif

Never got a chance here, after a decent rookie season.

I remember being excited about that draft....Lampe
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Than that 7'4 guy who was a bum
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Mike was a player...his dad passing away just messed him up somethin serious
tired.gif
frown.gif

I loved Sweetney i was pumped up about him being our starting PF like he was supposed to be 05 the year after his first season and we had just made theplayoffs... and than of course we made the worst trade in the Isiah Thomas era...

034251deffa78ca71045fd0a2e01f4ff7ef8022.jpg

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif

yeah and than i saw him like a year or 2 later when we played the bulls and he gained like 1000 more pounds than he already had and i guess hes been a bumsince. But i liked Sweetney as a Knick he had some nasty post moves and i loved him at GTOWN.

laugh.gif

...making the playoffs in 04 seems so long ago...and just seems so weird.

(Mike has been seen workin out with Hibbert and J. Green...so hopefully he's gettin things back in order)

[h1]MAYO CLINIC[/h1] [h2]KNICKS ENJOY MAYO CLINIC[/h2]
[h3]By LENN ROBBINS[/h3]
June 13, 2008 --

There might not be a player in the upcoming NBA Draft more physically and emotionally ready to help the Knicks than guard O.J. Mayo.

At 6-foot-5, he's got the size and shooting ability (he set USC's freshman record with 88 3's made). He can dribble and was second in the Pac-10in assists.

But a lot of players can score and pass. Mayo continues to go 1-on-1 with pressure and not break a sweat.

He chose Los Angeles, and the chance to put USC basketball on equal footing with UCLA, for his one year of college ball. And Mayo said he's focused onshowing teams he's NBA-ready despite recent allegations that he received improper benefits from an L.A. event promoter.

"No, sir," said the polite Mayo when asked if he's been distracted. "Not at all.

"It's a lifelong dream to get an opportunity to play in the NBA," added Mayo, who worked out yesterday for the Knicks. "Ever since I puta basketball in my hand I wanted to play in the NBA. Right now my total focus is on the predraft and the draft itself."

The Knicks would be bonus winners if Mayo, who could be the third player picked behind Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley, is still on the board. Not only ishe a terrific talent but he grew up in Huntington, W. Va., where new Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni attended college at Marshall and the D'Antoni name islegendary in the Mountaineer State.

"That West Virginia connection," quipped Mayo.

While Mayo certainly can look forward to good times, USC is entangled in an NCAA investigatory web. Former star running back Reggie Bush also allegedlyreceived improper benefits and now Mayo is the focus of probes.

"I'm kind of upset that it's being perceived for the wrong way," Mayo said of USC. "USC is a great institution academic-wise andathletic-wise. They definitely don't deserve the scrutiny that's coming to them. At the end of the day, when the smokes clears, everything will be fineand USC will still be on top."

If only Knicks fans had reason to be so optimistic

[h1]USC's O.J. Mayo works out for Knicks[/h1]
BY MARK LELINWALLA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Updated Thursday, June 12th 2008, 9:16 PM

amd_mayo.jpg
Altaffer/AP
O.J. Mayo, among the top prospects in the June 26 NBA draft, is leaving Southern California after his freshman year.

O.J. Mayo and Mike D'Antoni have something in common. Other than the penchant for delivering an excitingoffense - they're both from West Virginia. So, if he should slip toNo.6 in the NBA Draft on June 26, the USC guard wouldn't mind the idea of joining his fellow Mountaineer at the Garden.

The Knicks conducted a pre-draft workout with Mayo on Thursday inGreenburgh. Afterward, Mayo said the workout went well and that he liked the concept of joining the Knicks' backcourt.

"Coach D'Antoni has an up-tempo offense, almost like a run-and-gun, so if you can run, shoot a little bit, you're going to do do prettywell," Mayo said. "Definitely if I have the opportunity to play for D'Antoni, I'm going to get a great chance to put up some shots and reallyget up and down."

The 6-5, 200-pound Mayo averaged 20.7 points per game in his freshman year at USC. If Mayo slides, the Knicks may be deciding between him and point guardssuch as Arizona's Jerryd Bayless and Indiana'sEric Gordon, who both worked out for the team on Tuesday.

At one point, Mayo was considered the third-best talent in the draft, but his stock may have dipped when news broke last month about him allegedly receivingimproper funds and gifts in college. Mayo has adamantly denied the allegations, but they're still being investigated.

Mayo wouldn't mind the scrutiny of New York, knowing that on-the-court issues will be just as big as those off the hardwood.

"You're asking a young man to come into the Big Apple andfulfill big footsteps," Mayo said. "They have a great history with (Patrick) Ewing. It's going to take a lot, but at the same time, D'Antoni does a great job. He'll push theplayers in the preseason and as the season goes along, they'll get used to the system."

DANDY DANILO: Danilo Gallinari, the 19-year-old top Italian playerwho is expected to be a top-10 pick in the NBA draft, said Thursday that only the two metropolitan-area teams were on his scheduleof pre-draft workouts.

The 6-9 forward worked out for the Nets at their practice facility Thursday before his workout with the Knicks today. Gallinari's father, Vittorio, whois also his agent, is a former teammate and long-time friend of D'Antoni.

"We have to evaluate everything after we finish this week," Danilo Gallinari said. "I worked out for New Jersey, I will work for New York and then I don't know. I don't know about otherteams."

GM Kiki Vandeweghe said he is not sure Gallinari will be availablefor the Nets to pick at No.10.

Where in the blue hell did ALL of those Celtic fans come from in that game thread? Effin' ridiculous!

And all of those Kobe haters, LA and Boston fans alike, as a Knick fan, I'd gladly take dude off their hands
laugh.gif

And Mayo in a Knick Uni would be piff.

Back
Top Bottom