OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

If philly puts that Z-Bo deal on the table Walsh better jump like Jordan in his prime at that offer. If he doesn't... God Knows How Long It Will Take ToRight This Ship

message to Walsh

diddy_ness.jpg

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Can't blame Eric for trying
laugh.gif

How would you guys feel if the Knicks go after Shaun Livingston? Personally I would love to take a chance on him if he comes at a reasonable price. He does have a world of talent and is still very young, low risk, high reward if you ask me.
Low risk? Dude nearly ended his career on a layup. He might spontaneously explode when shooting a 3pter.

Philly has a lot of reason to want the sixth pick. They are thin up front, and the sixth pick would enable them to draft a talented big-man. There are plentyof desirable players at 6 that won't be available at 16.

[h1]Ron Artest has eyes on Knicks stint[/h1]
BY MARK Lelinwalla
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

amd_ronartest.jpg
Antonelli/News

Ron Artest

The critics are still out on what kind of defensive identity the Knicks will develop under new coach Mike D'Antoni. Perhaps Ron Artest can help.

The Knicks may have a chance to sign Artest to a five-year, $30 million mid-level exception, if he opts out of the last year of his contract with theSacramento Kings and becomes a free agent on July 1. That contractwould pay him $7.4 million. It's even a possibility the Knicks could work a sign-and-trade with Sacramento, if the Kings would agree to it.

When the Daily News asked the Queensbridge product if he would like to play for the teamhe grew up watching, Artest flashed a huge grin.

"Who wouldn't want to?" Artest said in the tunnel outside the Garden's locker rooms following yesterday'sWNBA gamebetween the Liberty and Monarchs. "I'm not going to talk about that stuff till July 1. I don't play for themoney, I play for the love."

As the Indiana Pacers president, Donnie Walsh acquired Artest in a 2002 trade with the Chicago Bulls. Walsh also dealt the former St. John's forward to Sacramento in 2006 after his role insparking the notorious Pacers-Detroit Pistons brawl at The Palace of Auburn Hills.

[h1]HOUSTON WANTS ANOTHER SHOT[/h1]
[h3]By LENN ROBBINS[/h3]
June 10, 2008 -- Former KnicksNew York Knicks
t.gif
star Allan Houston told The Post he still is interested in playing next season.

Houston, 37, attempted a comeback with the Knicks prior to last season before deciding the fit wasn't right.

"I've been around New York for a long time now and I know the passion these fans have for the Knicks - it's unbelievable," said Houston."I'd love to see that again in New York."

Houston will host the 5th Annual Fathers Knows Best Basketball Retreat at City College on Friday and Saturday and the Celebrity 2 on 2 Father's Day Gameat Rucker Park on Saturday.

[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
[h1]BAYLESS SET FOR WORKOUT WITH KNICKS[/h1]
[h3]By MARC BERMAN[/h3]
[img]http://www.nypost.com/seven/06102008/photos/sports095a.jpg[/img]

Jarryd Bayless

June 10, 2008 --

LOS ANGELES - Premiere Arizona point guard Jarryd Bayless and Indiana shooting guard Eric Gordon will perform drills as the KnicksNew York Knicks
t.gif
resume pre-draft workouts today at their Westchester campus.

Bayless and Gordon will not work out against each other, each going solo, which is unusual. And, according to Danillo Gallinari's father, the 19-year-old Italian Stallion is flying to New York today and will work out for the Knicks later this week. The hot-shot 6-foot-10 forward is considered a mid-lottery pick, and the NetsNew Jersey Nets
t.gif
have interest, too.

However, the Knicks are keying in on point guards. Bayless is definitely in play for the Knicks, who choose sixth. He's a speedy, scoring point guard whom the Knicks could use to fill Stephon Marbury's shoes in the future.

There's a chance Bayless won't be there, with rumors the Sonics have interest at No. 4. Though the Knicks have plenty of shooting guards, Gordon would fit in the "best player available" category if Bayless is off the board.

With Terry Porter in as Phoenix head coach, a league source said the Knicks now have permission to sign Suns assistants Bill Webber and Alvin Gentry. A deal could be in place by tomorrow as the D'Antoni completes his staff.

Gentry, however, met with Porter yesterday in Phoenix and is hoping to remain with the Suns.

We need to give up all hope of being good in the next 2 years. The only and i mean only concern for this team should be shedding contracts by any means neccesary
This is the Plan, and Walsh is gona stick to it.
pimp.gif

I don't think anyone is hoping to be good....and I think we all just wana see young guys play and get to see improvement, and actually the thought of afuture

I think I've made up my mind with our targets.

I want Bayless and if not available, Randolph.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

laugh.gif

How would you guys feel if the Knicks go after Shaun Livingston? Personally I would love to take a chance on him if he comes at a reasonable price. He does have a world of talent and is still very young, low risk, high reward if you ask me.
Low risk? Dude nearly ended his career on a layup. He might spontaneously explode when shooting a 3pter.

Philly has a lot of reason to want the sixth pick. They are thin up front, and the sixth pick would enable them to draft a talented big-man. There are plenty of desirable players at 6 that won't be available at 16.
Low risk meaning he still has the talent, and if he comes cheap and could stay healthy he could be a serviceable player for years to come. Will he everbe the star some thought he would be? Probably not, but at a pretty small contract for a player at his age, it couldn't hurt.

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

[h1]Ron Artest has eyes on Knicks stint[/h1]
BY MARK Lelinwalla
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

amd_ronartest.jpg
Antonelli/News

Ron Artest

The critics are still out on what kind of defensive identity the Knicks will develop under new coach Mike D'Antoni. Perhaps Ron Artest can help.

The Knicks may have a chance to sign Artest to a five-year, $30 million mid-level exception, if he opts out of the last year of his contract with the Sacramento Kings and becomes a free agent on July 1. That contract would pay him $7.4 million. It's even a possibility the Knicks could work a sign-and-trade with Sacramento, if the Kings would agree to it.

When the Daily News asked the Queensbridge product if he would like to play for the team he grew up watching, Artest flashed a huge grin.

"Who wouldn't want to?" Artest said in the tunnel outside the Garden's locker rooms following yesterday's WNBA game between the Liberty and Monarchs. "I'm not going to talk about that stuff till July 1. I don't play for the money, I play for the love."

As the Indiana Pacers president, Donnie Walsh acquired Artest in a 2002 trade with the Chicago Bulls. Walsh also dealt the former St. John's forward to Sacramento in 2006 after his role in sparking the notorious Pacers-Detroit Pistons brawl at The Palace of Auburn Hills.

The reporter Mark Lelinwalla is a very good friend of mine and he told me about Artest not saying anything but smiling. He clearly wants to play here and Ibelieve that he will lobby for a trade here this summer or even sign for much less than he is currently making.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Trade ZBo and get #16??

Easy to me, Jason Thompson.

Word. And I feel that Barbosa can definitley start and run the point for this team hes nice and got loads of potential

roll.gif
roll.gif
at Curry eating Nate
indifferent.gif

from the Knicks website on the evaluation of the Gordon/Bayless workout.

While both Bayless and Gordon were mainly scoring combo guards last season in college, draft pundits project both as elite point guards in the NBA.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

i dont know about that... but if Girdon can play the point with his size and skills i wouldnt mind him at all with #6. That is if he really is a legitimate anda good PG which by watching him at IU i dont really think so. But he does have pretty nice handles from what i saw, Indiana really didnt let him set up theoffense though, he really only got the ball for isos and set up jumpers. Still not high on Bayless.

[h1]Knicks take guarded approach to draft[/h1]
BY MICHAEL OBERNAUER
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

amd_jerrydbayless.jpg
McNamee/Getty
Arizona guard Jerryd Bayless

While the Celtics and Lakers were squaring off in Los Angeles Tuesday night,they were playing Mike D'Antoni basketball on the Knicks' practice court in Greenburgh all afternoon, as the Knicks'coaches conducted pre-draft workouts for a pair of fast and talented 19-year-old point guards. (Stephon Marbury, you might want to look away.)

Team brass looked at Arizona's Jerryd Bayless and Indiana'sEric Gordon, who have much in common - both left college after one yearexpecting to be picked among the top 10 at the June 26 draft; both are exceptional scorers who consider themselves NBA point guards after playing as combo guards in college, where they both playedon underachieving, controversy-saddled teams whose coaches left them during the season.

They also both felt their workouts yesterday were strenuous and successful - and feel playing for a coach such as D'Antoni would be an idealmarriage.

"I do, I do," said Bayless, who has a relationship with D'Antoni from growing up in Phoenix, where D'Antoni coached for the past six years. "The run-and-gun system really letsplayers flourish, and I'd love to be a part of that if that's possible."

"His offense is mainly on scoring and getting up and down the court, and he has a really good system for any guard, I would say," said Gordon, whoplayed AAU ball with Isiah Thomas' son Joshua.

Of course, the Knicks may be dreaming when it comes to Bayless - there's a good chance he'll be long gone (to Seattle at No.4, perhaps) by the time the Knicks are up at No. 6 on draft day.

Like Gordon, the 6-3, 200-pound Bayless saw plenty of time as a two-guard in college, but wants to prove his chops as an NBA point man. "Playing withgreat players around me, like I'm going to be playing with in the league, I've got to get them the ball and make them happy," Bayless said,"and I've got no problem doing that."

The knock on Bayless, however, is that he has precisely that problem - a shoot-first mentality that doesn't make teammates better (okay, Stephon, youcan look now). Bayless, a 40% three-point shooter in college, averaged 19.7 points and four assists as the Wildcats suffered through an 8-10 Pac-10 season and were in bounced in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

laugh.gif

Philly has a lot of reason to want the sixth pick. They are thin up front, and the sixth pick would enable them to draft a talented big-man. There are plenty of desirable players at 6 that won't be available at 16.
Low risk meaning he still has the talent, and if he comes cheap and could stay healthy he could be a serviceable player for years to come. Will he ever be the star some thought he would be? Probably not, but at a pretty small contract for a player at his age, it couldn't hurt.

Livingston is extremely high risk!!! There are speculations as to whether he will ever be able to play again.

TJ Ford even given his injury-prone past is a better option right now because TO is openly shopping him and at least he is healthy enough to step foot on acourt let alone play a game

[h1]MAYO ON KNICKS' MENU[/h1]
[h3]By MARC BERMAN[/h3]
June 12, 2008 -- LOS ANGELES - O.J. Mayo, who was considered the third best talent in the NBA Draft, will work out for the KnicksNew York Knicks
t.gif
today at their Westchester campus.

It is unsure if Mayo, a freshman at Southern Cal, will slide as far as six but he agreed to work out for the Knicks. He is considered both a point guard andshooting guard, and Knicks president Donnie Walsh said at the Orlando predraft camp he thinks he can play minutes at point guard.

Mayo has been involved in an agent scandal in which he was alleged to have accepted gifts from a representative of the Bill Duffy agency while at USC. Somescouts believe Mayo is in the same class as Memphis' Derrick Rose and Kansas State's Mike Beaseley.

Jamal CrawfordJamal Crawford
t.gif
yesterday said he's looking forward to playing for new coach Mike D'Antoni. "I justtalked to him two days ago. Great guy. A proven winner," Crawford told the Associated Press yesterday in Seattle, his hometown. "He and Mr. Walsh aregoing to get us turned around."

Back
Top Bottom