OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

^^idk why, but everytime i see an NBA on NBC video i think about these Gary Payton sneakers i had, rainy Saturday afternoons watching basketball, and "TheParent Hood".
laugh.gif

20071127165432888.JPG

I'd give up my left arm to have these kicks again.

Honestly...this is just speculation, but in a perfect world (we would have won the lottery, but now that we have #6..) we would trade down while sheddingZBo's contract and with our pick, pick up Augustin...

Who knows if that would actually happen but it would be nice...

We thought we would surely land one of the top 2 picks. Instead, we fared worse.

With that said, Mayo will be gone by six. I'm not that big on him anyway.

Z-Bo and 6th for Andre Miller and 16th, hopefully DJA will be available.

At this point I really don't see anyone who could be on the board at 6 that would interest teams enough to get them to move up. Unless Bayless or Mayo slipdown, in which case we would draft one of them. So who would be a legit trade partner to come up to 6?

And for those of you suggesting Philly, I would love to do it, but there is no chance of Augustin slipping past Indy, so if we were to end up at 16, there areno longer any PG's around that will become the future leader of this squad. At that point I guess we would be looking at a player like Donte Green, or someother possible impact scorer
grin.gif
I would still like to do that trade and shed Z-BO and his contract, but I don't see why Philly would feel the need tomove up to 6.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

We thought we would surely land one of the top 2 picks. Instead, we fared worse.

I say ys if Andre is out within the next 2 years to clear up cap for Bron. But no if OJ is available at 6...
I would rather want to work something outwith Phoenix with the draft pick and shed cap as well as getting Barbosa who can be our PG of the future and right away while getting bron in 2010 right at hisprime.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

^^idk why, but everytime i see an NBA on NBC video i think about these Gary Payton sneakers i had, rainy Saturday afternoons watching basketball, and "The Parent Hood".
laugh.gif

20071127165432888.JPG

I'd give up my left arm to have these kicks again.

Wow, flashback!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

At this point I really don't see anyone who could be on the board at 6 that would interest teams enough to get them to move up. Unless Bayless or Mayo slip down, in which case we would draft one of them. So who would be a legit trade partner to come up to 6?

And for those of you suggesting Philly, I would love to do it, but there is no chance of Augustin slipping past Indy, so if we were to end up at 16, there are no longer any PG's around that will become the future leader of this squad. At that point I guess we would be looking at a player like Donte Green, or some other possible impact scorer
grin.gif
I would still like to do that trade and shed Z-BO and his contract, but I don't see why Philly would feel the need to move up to 6.

philly wouldn't be trading with their main incentive being moving up in the draft...they would do the deal b/c mo cheeks has had a man crush on z-bosince their days in portland

If i'm a knick fam, I am open to the Idea of Ant Randolph
Michael Beasley is considered the best forward in the draft but the 6-8 Alexander, who said he would love to play in D'Antoni's system, runs the court and said he can hit the corner 3.

"I don't think anyone in the draft stands above me," declared Alexander.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

At this point I really don't see anyone who could be on the board at 6 that would interest teams enough to get them to move up. Unless Bayless or Mayo slip down, in which case we would draft one of them. So who would be a legit trade partner to come up to 6?

And for those of you suggesting Philly, I would love to do it, but there is no chance of Augustin slipping past Indy, so if we were to end up at 16, there are no longer any PG's around that will become the future leader of this squad. At that point I guess we would be looking at a player like Donte Green, or some other possible impact scorer
grin.gif
I would still like to do that trade and shed Z-BO and his contract, but I don't see why Philly would feel the need to move up to 6.

The allure of the trade for Philly is more of acquiring Z-Bo and they need a scoring PF. Getting the 6th pick is just a bonus so that they can add anotheryoung player to their roster potentially a project player that they can develop within the next year or two. The trade makes sense for both teams. However ifI am the Knicks I would also as for Phillys second round pick (not 100% sure if they have one).

Originally Posted by THE GR8

I say ys if Andre is out within the next 2 years to clear up cap for Bron. But no if OJ is available at 6...
I would rather want to work something out with Phoenix with the draft pick and shed cap as well as getting Barbosa who can be our PG of the future and right away while getting bron in 2010 right at his prime.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Idk why you are so high on Barbosa, but so low on Bayless. Barbosa isn't anywhere near a true point guard and a horrible defender. Would I take Barbosafor a spark off the bench? The answer is yes because he can score in bunches. But do I want him to be the point guard of the future
indifferent.gif

I know that Z-Bo and Cheeks have some sort of weird infatuation going on, I guess in my mind I just can't comprehend how a team would be mentallyhandicapped to the point where they would willingly acquire someone like Z-Bo. If they really want to do it, then go ahead, be my guest and take that bum offour hands, I just don't see anyone sitting at 16 who would turn into an eventual building block for the new look Knicks.

Maybe adding their 2nd round pick would help (I see a bunch of 2nd round players this draft who are capable of sticking on a roster), but do we have the openroster spots to add another player?

I know that Z-Bo and Cheeks have some sort of weird infatuation going on, I guess in my mind I just can't comprehend how a team would be mentally handicapped to the point where they would willingly acquire someone like Z-Bo. If they really want to do it, then go ahead, be my guest and take that bum off our hands, I just don't see anyone sitting at 16 who would turn into an eventual building block for the new look Knicks.

Maybe adding their 2nd round pick would help (I see a bunch of 2nd round players this draft who are capable of sticking on a roster), but do we have the open roster spots to add another player?
I agree there is no real impact player @ 16 for the Knicks. However you never know if you can find a diamond in the rough with good scouting thatcan help the team. Right now this year imo it is more important to shed salary because this draft class is not that strong.

BTW JohnnyRedStorm I agree with you on Barbosa nice PG off the bench but not good enough to be a starter.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by THE GR8

I would rather want to work something out with Phoenix with the draft pick and shed cap as well as getting Barbosa who can be our PG of the future and right away while getting bron in 2010 right at his prime.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Idk why you are so high on Barbosa, but so low on Bayless. Barbosa isn't anywhere near a true point guard and a horrible defender. Would I take Barbosa for a spark off the bench? The answer is yes because he can score in bunches. But do I want him to be the point guard of the future
indifferent.gif

barbosa's pluses are starting to sound like nate's

Bayless, Gordon to work out

The Knicks New York Knicks will resume their predraft workouts tomorow when premiere Arizona point guard Jerryd Bayless and Indiana shooting guard Eric Gordon perform drills at the team's Westchester campus.

Bayless is definitely in play for the Knicks, who choose sixth. He's a speedy, scoring point guard whom the Knicks could use to fill Stephon Marbury's shoes in the future.

There's a chance Bayless won't be there, with rumors the Sonics have interest at No. 4.

Though the Knicks have plenty of shooting guards, Gordon would fit in the "best player available" category if Bayless is off the board.

Bayless said at the predraft camp in Orlando, Fla., that he's a huge fan of Mike D'Antoni's Phoenix offense, having watched it closely during his Arizona days.

Bayless also said he's worked out with Suns guard Steve Nash, who has shown him "tricks."
Word is Eric Gordon thinks he can also be a PG
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

We need to give up all hope of being good in the next 2 years. The only and i mean only concern for this team should be shedding contracts by any meansneccesary

Can't blame Eric for trying
laugh.gif

How would you guys feel if the Knicks go after Shaun Livingston? Personally I would love to take a chance on him if he comes at a reasonable price. He doeshave a world of talent and is still very young, low risk, high reward if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom