OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

I don't know about Rubio..

But Brandon Jennings is the last thing we need.

He's not gona be a Top 10 talent anyway.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I don't know about Rubio..

But Brandon Jennings is the last thing we need.

He's not gona be a Top 10 talent anyway.

Not to change the subject or anything like that.....but Brandon Jennings is a great passer, amazing ball handler, athletic and skilled in other areas. Thisallowed him to absolutely kill high school competition....and i'm pretty sure he'll do well @ Zona. I just hope he plays the point and not Nic Wiselike w/ Bayless. And u can't say he's not gonna be a top 10 talent....where are basing this from....u seen him play???

He's small, dribbles too much and only passes when he can get an assist.

It's all about him. Not a fan of that.

Walsh interview with Chad Ford..
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/podcast/archive?id=2669425

It's so obvious his plan is LeBron, and I love it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FlatbushKING

6'9" Wingspan

ERIC GORDON IS OUR MAN!!!!

Please...no to Gallinari...

and we don't need a point guard....next year's draft will have alot of PGs....good ones will alot of potential like Rubio and Jennings. We don't need to be looking for a neccesity....our team is too atrocious to be drafting for a need....what we NEED to draft is the BPA....and that's Eric Gordon.

Mike I like Gordon too but it is very possible Gallanari will be the BPA.
And Allen my dude you are wylin on Brandon Jennings. I have seen the kid playa few teams and dude is nasty. His vision is amazing. I think he will do well on the next level and in the pros.

Imma update my opinion of prospects after Rose, Beasley, Mayo, Bayless, and Lopez (yall obviously know i want Mayo as 1 though)

1. Russel Westbrook (possibly a great pick, im a big fan of his but im not 100% sure of him. i need to see more in workouts, but he is a super athlete a greatdefender and can play the 1 or 2)
2. Anthony Randolph
3. Eric Gordon (possible to move up if he plays like the Eric gordon i saw and loved in the beginning of the year rather than the one in the end and the NCAAtourny... especially with those workout stats)
4. Kevin Love
5. DJ Augustine (huge fan of his. im a big advocate of targeting him if we move down, if he has good workouts though and improves his stock im all for takinghim... Very possible to move up)
6. Joe Alexander (look out for him)
7. DeAndre jordan
8. Danillo
9. Darrell Arthur
10. JaVale McGee
HM- CDR, Jason Thompson, Hibbert, Brandon rush

2nd round (if we trade for a pick)- PATRICK EWING JR.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

(no on outside the lets say top 5 and maybe 6 and 7 should have a legit chance of being drafted by us at 6 though, and for guys tahat are like 5, 6, or 7 thatsonly if they have ILL workouts. i just wanted to have a top 10.)

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Keep Joe Alexander out of New York. I much rather have the Italian than Alexander.

Please explain that. i think Alexander is a sleeper. Son's game is CLEAN

EDIT: to elaborate i would be dissapointed if we took him with #6. But i would much rather him than the Italian. i think he is a very nice player and if wewere to trade down i think we should target him highly. I mean if we needed a player at his position (which we dont we should probably take a guard or a bigman not a swingman SF, we have too much of them and we are targeting Lebron for the future) and he had a good pre draft workout i would not be pissed at allwith taking him i think he will be a very solid pro at least.

I think some of yall are anti-Gallanari because subconsciously your afraid he will be Frederick Weiss Part 2. I don't think so....I actually think dudewill fit well it D'Antonis system. I would like to get a PG but if not lets get a swing player who can fit into the system.

^^ @%%! Danillo. I mean i have never seen him play, but i have heard that scouts after looking more closely into him than before have realized he is not top 10worthy. His stock has fallen in most eyes to more like later lottery range. Please do not draft this guy on out team with our first high pick in years. And iheard even D'Antoni isnt as high on him as suspected. i doubt he ends up coming here. And plus like i said numerous times i want the best player coachesare expendable in no way should we take someone based on if hes a D'Antoni player. I mean its obviously a plus if the guy is, but if we take him he betterbe worth the pick not just a guy who fits in a temporary system. I think Ewing went through like 4 or something head coaches before having Pat Riley for apretty long time starting in like 1992.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

^^ @%%! Danillo. I mean i have never seen him play, but i have heard that scouts after looking more closely into him than before have realized he is not top 10 worthy. His stock has fallen in most eyes to more like later lottery range. Please do not draft this guy on out team with our first high pick in years. And i heard even D'Antoni isnt as high on him as suspected. i doubt he ends up coming here. And plus like i said numerous times i want the best player coaches are expendable in no way should we take someone based on if hes a D'Antoni player. I mean its obviously a plus if the guy is, but if we take him he better be worth the pick not just a guy who fits in a temporary system. I think Ewing went through like 4 or something head coaches before having Pat Riley for a pretty long time starting in like 1992.
I respect your point my dude but people I talk to around the Knicks (sources) still say the Knicks have him rated pretty high. Now that could bea smokescreen to throw other teams off. But I don't think he is bad. If D'Antoni is going to turn this thing around then why should he draft the bestplayer available that fits his system. If that player is Gallanari or whotmever then you take him. Thats how I am approaching the draft as a fan and thatshow I think the team should approach it. I do believe players fitting the system is a huge factor in a draft class like this where it doesn't appear to bethat strong. Ewing was a no-brainer at the #1 overall pick. The system he played in didnt matter....everyone knew he was going to be an All-Star for 10 plusyears.

damn, when is the last time i've posted in this thread? i've been abreast to everything but it looks like i haven't had much to say since thelottery (how convenient)

From draftexpress.com:

"One trade that is making the rounds would involve the Knicks sending Zach Randolph and the rights to the #6 pick to Philadelphia for a smaller contract,such as Reggie Evans, and the rights to the #16 pick-after July 1st (when Philadelphia's cap space kicks in). New York would move into position to havesignificant cap space in the summer of 2010 (possibly to make a run at LeBron James) by unloading the 17.3 million dollars owed to Randolph in 2010/11, andwould still be able to keep David Lee around.

Philadelphia would fill a big void at power forward with a 20 point per game scorer in Zach Randolph, and possibly pick up one of Jerryd Bayless, O.J. Mayo orEric Gordon in the process, while only sacrificing the 8-9 million dollars they are expected to have in cap space, which likely wouldn't get them very faranyway. "

-this wouldn't be bad imo, if there's anyone worth drafting @ 16...

Also, for ppl hoping Mayo may drop to the Knicks:
"Mayo has reportedly yet to schedule even a single workout, and will probably do so after he officially hires his new agent. We've been told byseveral sources that Mayo may try to pull a Yi Jianlian and only work out for Chicago, Miami, New York and Los Angeles, while shunning the smaller market teamssuch as Minnesota, Seattle and Memphis. Things could certainly change as the draft develops over the next few weeks. "

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

From draftexpress.com:

"One trade that is making the rounds would involve the Knicks sending Zach Randolph and the rights to the #6 pick to Philadelphia for a smaller contract, such as Reggie Evans, and the rights to the #16 pick-after July 1st (when Philadelphia's cap space kicks in). New York would move into position to have significant cap space in the summer of 2010 (possibly to make a run at LeBron James) by unloading the 17.3 million dollars owed to Randolph in 2010/11, and would still be able to keep David Lee around.

Philadelphia would fill a big void at power forward with a 20 point per game scorer in Zach Randolph, and possibly pick up one of Jerryd Bayless, O.J. Mayo or Eric Gordon in the process, while only sacrificing the 8-9 million dollars they are expected to have in cap space, which likely wouldn't get them very far anyway. "

"Mayo has reportedly yet to schedule even a single workout, and will probably do so after he officially hires his new agent. We've been told by several sources that Mayo may try to pull a Yi Jianlian and only work out for Chicago, Miami, New York and Los Angeles, while shunning the smaller market teams such as Minnesota, Seattle and Memphis. Things could certainly change as the draft develops over the next few weeks. "

while that philly move will definitely give us more cap space i dont see how evans could interest d'antoni at all...dude has like negative offensivegame...but at least he rebounds

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

From draftexpress.com:

"One trade that is making the rounds would involve the Knicks sending Zach Randolph and the rights to the #6 pick to Philadelphia for a smaller contract, such as Reggie Evans, and the rights to the #16 pick-after July 1st (when Philadelphia's cap space kicks in). New York would move into position to have significant cap space in the summer of 2010 (possibly to make a run at LeBron James) by unloading the 17.3 million dollars owed to Randolph in 2010/11, and would still be able to keep David Lee around.

Philadelphia would fill a big void at power forward with a 20 point per game scorer in Zach Randolph, and possibly pick up one of Jerryd Bayless, O.J. Mayo or Eric Gordon in the process, while only sacrificing the 8-9 million dollars they are expected to have in cap space, which likely wouldn't get them very far anyway. "

"Mayo has reportedly yet to schedule even a single workout, and will probably do so after he officially hires his new agent. We've been told by several sources that Mayo may try to pull a Yi Jianlian and only work out for Chicago, Miami, New York and Los Angeles, while shunning the smaller market teams such as Minnesota, Seattle and Memphis. Things could certainly change as the draft develops over the next few weeks. "

while that philly move will definitely give us more cap space i dont see how evans could interest d'antoni at all...dude has like negative offensive game...but at least he rebounds
A guy like Zach Randolph NEEDS minutes. We can't be paying millions to a bench player. The minutes given up Zach would be given to Chandler andLee. Shrek Evans ain't getting any minutes.

Addition by subtraction.

Agreed I could care less who we get in exchange for Z-Bo, but if OJ is really on the board and pulls a Kobe, God Almighty help me if Donnie trades that pick tomove Z-Bo

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

From draftexpress.com:

while that philly move will definitely give us more cap space i dont see how evans could interest d'antoni at all...dude has like negative offensive game...but at least he rebounds
A guy like Zach Randolph NEEDS minutes. We can't be paying millions to a bench player. The minutes given up Zach would be given to Chandler and Lee. Shrek Evans ain't getting any minutes.

Addition by subtraction.

makes sense...id prefer andre miller in a deal with the 76ers tho to be completely honest

makes sense...id prefer andre miller in a deal with the 76ers tho to be completely honest

Word. Andre Miller is one of the most underrated point guards in the 2000+ era.

Any word on that whole Crawford for Ford proposed trade?

[h1]WESTBROOK LOOKS GOOD TO KNICKS[/h1]
[h3]By LENN ROBBINS[/h3]
[img]http://www.nypost.com/seven/06052008/photos/sports078a.jpg[/img]

Russell Westbrook

June 5, 2008 --

With the sixth pick in the NBA Draft, the KnicksNew York Knicks
t.gif
select, well . . . if yesterday is any indication, who knows?

The Knicks worked out six prospects yesterday, two point guards - UCLA's Russell Westbrook and Georgia's Sundiata Gaines of Queens, two smallforwards - West Virginia's Joe Alexander and Chase Budinger of Arizona, and two centers - JaVale McGee of Nevada and Steve Hill of Arkansas.

MORE: Knicks Blog

Though longtime assistant coach Herb Williams ran the workout, new head coach Mike D'Antoni watched this Pick Six group play and do drills at theteam's Westchester practice facility.

According to most mock drafts, none of the six is projected to be drafted as high as sixth. But with so many needs and the possibility of trading that sixthpick, new GM Donnie Walsh and D'Antoni need to be ready to consider any move that will help this fractured franchise.

Westbrook and Alexander are the two most intriguing players. Prior to the start of the last season, few would have thought either player would enter the2008 draft.

Westbrook, a sophomore, wasn't even the most-hyped guard at UCLA. It was Darren Collison's team. But the athletic 6-3 Westbrook, whom Davidson starStephen Curry said was the toughest defender he faced, capped his season with a 22-point game in the NCAA Tournament against Memphis' Derrick Rose.

"I don't feel that I'm less than anyone," declared Westbrook, the Pac-10 Defensive Player of the Year.

Michael Beasley is considered the best forward in the draft but the 6-8 Alexander, who said he would love to play in D'Antoni's system, runs thecourt and said he can hit the corner 3.

"I don't think anyone in the draft stands above me," declared Alexander.

[email protected]

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Word. Andre Miller is one of the most underrated point guards in the 2000+ era.

Any word on that whole Crawford for Ford proposed trade?

i think moving miller makes sense for the 76ers too considering how louis williams emerged last year. and for some reason mo cheeks has a crush on z-bo soby all means please take him and give us a more than capable PG in the process

Back
Top Bottom