OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Mark will be say "you're better than that" to the Knicks players quite frequently next season....especially to the names of curry, randolph,james, balkman, collins, marbury..

about Mark Jackson's assistants, read this article from today's daily news

[h1]Mark Jackson can learn in high post[/h1]
BY FRANK ISOLA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

amd_yes.jpg
James/Getty
Mark Jackson has experience as announcer and not as NBA coach, but that doesn't dissuade Knicks.

Mark Jackson's inexperience - he's never spent a single day on anNBA bench as a coach - concernsDonnie Walsh but it won't prohibit him from making Jackson the Knicks' next coach.

According to a source close to Jackson, the former Knicks point guard is aware that Walsh would want him to hire a veteran top assistant to his staff.Walsh, the Knicks president, is willing to give his next coach the freedom to hire his staff but Walsh will insist that any first-time head coach - Jackson,Tom Thibodeau - bring in an experienced lead assistant.

Jackson is said to be already compiling his own list of potential top assistants as he prepares for his much-anticipated interview with Walsh. There areseveral well-respected and available candidates, including Del Harris, Lionel Hollins and Jim Boylan, who was recently fired as interim head coach of the Chicago Bulls.

Other candidates Jackson may consider are already working with other clubs. They include Gordon Chiesa (Grizzlies), PaulWestphal (Mavs), Don Newman (Spurs), Ron Adams (Bulls)and Steve Clifford (Magic).

On Monday, Walsh seemed to indicate that he is willing to exercise patience in his coaching search, which could work in Thibodeau's favor. The Celtics assistant and Jeff Van Gundy protégé is also being courted by the Chicago Bulls. However, Celtics coach Doc Rivers might not allow Thibodeau to interview during the playoffs. Jackson is expectedto be interviewed over the next five to seven days.

In the meantime, Walsh has been busy formulating a list of prospective coaches and gathering information on them.

"I've talked to quite a few people, not so much that are candidates, but people about the candidates," Walsh said. "And there are someguys that I probably will call up their franchise and ask to see if I can get permission. Normally when teams are in the playoffs, teams are hesitant to dothat. So I haven't really pushed that, but I will because it seems like there's an inclination they would do that. But most of the time you don'tcall teams up that are in the playoffs."

Walsh called Van Gundy on Monday and said he had a positive conversation with the former Knicks coach. It is believed that Walsh asked Van Gundy about bothJackson and Thibodeau, who worked on Van Gundy's staffs in New York and Houston.

STEPH'S STEPS: Stephon Marbury is continuinghis rehabilitation from ankle surgery in Phoenix, according to a source. Marbury ishopeful of returning to the Knicks for the final year of his contract, but it is believed that Walsh will attempt to trade the controversial point guard duringthe offseason. Jackson and Thibodeau would both welcome the opportunity to work with Marbury.

If for some strange reason mark isn't the coach, i'd be satisfied with Tom as coach. He's a JVG disciple pretty much how Van Gundy was under PatRiley.

If for some strange reason mark isn't the coach, i'd be satisfied with Tom as coach. He's a JVG disciple pretty much how Van Gundy was under PatRiley.

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

STEPH'S STEPS: Stephon Marbury is continuing his rehabilitation from ankle surgery in Phoenix, according to a source. Marbury is hopeful of returning to the Knicks for the final year of his contract, but it is believed that Walsh will attempt to trade the controversial point guard during the offseason. Jackson and Thibodeau would both welcome the opportunity to work with Marbury.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

that would be straight foolishness if we want any chance of getting under the cap soon. Walsh has to understand that, i trust him but a stupid !++ move likethat would have me second guessing him.

man i want all these bums out of here (especially Curry) but Stephon NEEDS to stay along with David Lee. There are a few others that we should hold onto aswell but at all costs Lee and Steph need to stay.

STEPH'S STEPS: Stephon Marbury is continuing his rehabilitation from ankle surgery in Phoenix, according to a source. Marbury is hopeful of returning to the Knicks for the final year of his contract, but it is believed that Walsh will attempt to trade the controversial point guard during the offseason. Jackson and Thibodeau would both welcome the opportunity to work with Marbury.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

that would be straight foolishness if we want any chance of getting under the cap soon. Walsh has to understand that, i trust him but a stupid !++ move likethat would have me second guessing him.

man i want all these bums out of here (especially Curry) but Stephon NEEDS to stay along with David Lee. There are a few others that we should hold onto aswell but at all costs Lee and Steph need to stay.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I'm so ecstatic that Jackson is a top candidate for Coach. As far as other personnel, Ewing NEEDS a spot on the bench. Having him, there would not only bebeneficial to our big men, but it would truly be a real emotional lift to the squad. Give the Knicks a real NY feel too.

Anyway, regarding the draft, I don't follow college ball much, but my boy says Mayo would be a beast on the Knicks. I know I'm not saying much ofanything, but I want to show my support now before we start the winning, and no one accuses me of jumping the band-wagon.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to move my sig from my other SN back to this one. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom