OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Well, to kind of burst my own bubble Im only an intern, but with how much I work here during the week im close to full time hours wise.

Im in the sports team operations department, deal with a good amount of paperwork regarding mostly day to day stuff, hotels for players on the road (knicks andrangers), invoices for travel expenses, doing random tasks like putting info on NYC together for newly acquired players and whatnot.

Gamedays are where its at though...I also do a lot of ticket related stuff, mostly with ticket requests for company employees and the players. Run the ticketsaround to diff. people, including the players on game days...Its pretty cool, I get to pass through the locker room n surrounding areas...n get to watch thegames for free.

Yeaa...thanks...Walsh and Starks offices are down the hall too...
smokin.gif
...lol

ah man i've been mia for a bit..

"He would bring just as much as Lenny Wilkens brought here. More than Isiah, no question. He needs a chance, and they should give him a chance, because every time they've asked him to do something, he's done it over the years," Oakley said.
Oakley also said he has spoken to former teammate Patrick Ewing about the current Knicks coaching vacancy, and that Ewing said he would be interested if Williams was coach. Oakley said he himself would be interested in coaching in some capacity if the right person was hired as head coach. At this point, Oakley said, the Knicks don't have much to lose in taking a chance on Williams and investing in one of their own.

"They've fired everybody else," Oakley said. "They may as well give him a chance."

kinda see what oak is saying, i don't think it would be such a bad idea.

Francis

eh but in the end it looks like Mark Jackson is getting the job

and I think the reason why JVG doesn't want the job its because he doesn't want to ruin his image lol

been out for a while and just got back so wuddup to yall

Anyway i read that Oakley article and i agree with what he has to say. I think Pat should be back (more so as an assistant) but he has experience and he shouldat least get a head coach interview) and we will be bad for a while and we all know how loyal Herb is so i would not be abide to lettinghim coach, even justfor our rebuilding ears so we can give him a shot to prove himself, he deserves it. He definitley deserves alot of consideration

But although Mark has no experience i love and believe in him, he is still my man, and he looks like he will get it at the end of the day
pimp.gif

I met Herb Williams at a fund-raiser once. He is an incredibly intelligent and friendly person. Me and my father ended up spending most of the night with him,and were discussing the Knicks personnel, the state of basketball in the NBA, what it was really like to practice and travel so much, as well as be in thespotlight in NYC. Mind you this was back in 2003. My respect for him really grew that day, and I walked away incredibly impressed, thinking he would make agreat coach or GM some day. Even if he doesn't end up getting the Head Coaching job with the Knicks this season, he should be considered as a seriouscandidate.

Moral of the story: Herb Williams is an absolute gentleman and a great ambassador of the game. I hope to see him get his shot one day, and not that BS interimgig he had with the Knicks.

I like Herb...I just don't see a head coach with him.

If Jackson is the guy, let's get the deal done.

Originally Posted by d3simet

JVG and Dolan don't get along together..

I seriously hate you Dolan.

I'd be happier with him being out as owner rather than Isiah being out as coach.

I don't think herb would have the respect of the current players to listen to him and get to playing some damn defesnse and team ball.

^^i agree i feel we need someone with a little more grit and energy and "NY swag" like Mark Jackson...

but just like the rest of you i am a big Herb Williams fan and from what it seems he is an intellegent guy and a gentleman and his loyalty has clearly beenproven over the years as he has stayed with us through hard years, various coaches, and even a coaching stint for himself.

Herb deserves close consideration for this job and if he impresses Walsh in the interview, i respect Walsh's decision if he makes him the head coach. Fromhere on out, it is up to Walsh. Walsh will interview guys and he will take who impresses him most, i respect Walsh's decision and he knows more than any ofus, if he takes Herb and thinks he can lead this team i respect that decision.

Whether he gets it or not he deserves recognition as a legitimate candidate and he deserves an oppurtunity here or else where, i am a big fan of Herb, and ifwe get Mark i hope that he will remain on our bench and i also hope we can add Pat.

I think if we do decide to bring in Mark Jackson as a head coach, then we need to seriously consider giving Ewing a shot at being one of the assistants.

As for the Herb Williams situation, no one is arguing how loyal or knowledgeable he is in terms of coaching or the Knicks. The real question is whether or nothe would be able to gain the respect of the young group of players we have now, and get them to play competitive basketball.

I really don't see him ever making it to a head coaching position in the NBA, but if that does happen. I know it would'nt be with the Knicks.

Discussing the Mark Jackson situation a bit further, he has to know what he is getting himself into.

He has a fat, lazy, under-achieving center who can't rebound. A pudgy, nonathletic PF who is a gunner, and lacks defensive skills. A few underrated playerswith chronic injuries, and no heart. A loud mouth, silver spoon bald-headed PG. Another fat, overweight center who lacks the skills to run a simplepick-and-roll. And a shooting guard with terrible shot selection, and looks great on a bad team.

Makes you wonder why anyone would want this job.
smh.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif

^^my boi Mark can handle it
pimp.gif

but like i said its in Walsh's hands now, i have faith that he will take who ever is best for the job, i trust his opinion.

and as for Ewing we should not "consider" him as an assistant

We should give him his disgracefully long over-do contract on a silver platter and roll out a red carpet to the Garden and have him sign it right than andthere....

and than we should have a John Starks retirement night
smh.gif
still cant get over that
mad.gif
mad.gif
smh.gif

Mark "shimmy shimmy ya'll " Jackson as HC , Patrick Ewing as assistant .. let's get it done before the draft!
pimp.gif

the title of this thread is
roll.gif
SMH at New York being the greatest city on Earth but their NBA team is garbage.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

^^my boi Mark can handle it
pimp.gif

but like i said its in Walsh's hands now, i have faith that he will take who ever is best for the job, i trust his opinion.

and as for Ewing we should not "consider" him as an assistant

We should give him his disgracefully long over-do contract on a silver platter and roll out a red carpet to the Garden and have him sign it right than and there....

and than we should have a John Starks retirement night
smh.gif
still cant get over that
mad.gif
mad.gif
smh.gif

pretty sure the coach will be able to pick his staff...that said...id be shocked if mark didn't bring pat back

Back
Top Bottom