Official New York Giants 2013 Off-Season thread: (2014 schedule on page 87)

On those last 2 plays when they downed the ball we should have pulled that weak TB hit em on the victory play. I can't remember the last time I've seen a team just run the clock out like that.

Nicks not playing this game really made things difficult. With the run game going we really needed our full complement of receivers. We've still got a shot but we can't take another loss. We've gotta run the table.

plenty of blame to go around

cruz fumble
penalties
pass offense
defense meltdown
etc.....

i dont expect hakeem to contribute in terms of putting up stats but he would have been a great decoy and open up other receivers
hakeem is one of my favorite players but i guess his heart is not with this team anymore

should have known that 4 game winning streak was fool's gold
this team is not a playoff caliber team

Frustrating time to be a ny sports fan. I was riding that winning streak hard and was not worried about the cowboys.

So are we mathematically out?

They might as well be, unless the Cowboys and eagles keep stinking it up.

Offense has glaring issues passing the ball and pass protection. Rushed for over 200 yards, defense allowed 17 points, and still lost.

This is why I didn't get my hopes up. I've watched every game this season and can only say that our team has played well on all sides of the ball in one game so far. You can't dig yourself out of a hole like that. Everyone has to show up.

*calls shotgun draw from 10 yard line on 3rd and goal.

Despite Eli not playing sharp all season, they have lost some very winnable games all season. Two red zone trips early could've changed the dynamics of the game especially the way the defense was playing all game only allowing two scores. I saw no run plays at the goal line with Connor as lead blocker.

*Run the ball for three straight downs for 30 yards, followed by 3 pass incompletions.

Only good drive the Giants had was when they had a short field, it was run run run run run run run for first downs over and over again.

Last edited:
They might as well be, unless the Cowboys and eagles keep stinking it up.

Offense has glaring issues passing the ball and pass protection. Rushed for over 200 yards, defense allowed 17 points, and still lost.

you guys are no where near being mathmatically out...

usually teams throw on us at will, cant believe yalll didnt continue running the ball.

my thoughts. Cowboys All Day:smokin

When we had 2nd and 1 in the 4Q and we threw the ball twice I knew it we were gonna lose. Brown just rushed for 9 yards and then you are gonna throw the next two plays? :rofl: :smh:

you guys are no where near being mathmatically out...

usually teams throw on us at will, cant believe yalll didnt continue running the ball.

The weather conditions and swirling Metlife winds this time of year is not really suitable for throwing the ball around (which Gilbride doesn't understand after 10 years of being here)

at this point Cowboys have the tie breaker so they would have to finish a game ahead, and Eagles have better divisional record.

Giants couldn't afford any divisional losses, even if they went 5-0 the rest of the way the Eagles/Cowboys would have to stink up the place.

Eagles look like the more stable team out of the bunch.

Good effort at the end but this just ain't our year. The thing that kills me is how undiscipline this team has been. You would think that a team with proven winners wouldn't consistently shoot themselves in the foot. Oh well.

Yeah, last year the schedule was mean. This year they just been killing themselves with early and late to's. You're not even giving yourself a chance by doing that.

Coughlin says Hakeem didn't play b/c of a lack of practice time. We talking bout practice. Not a game...

Practice...

also heard that he didn't really "fight" to get on the playing field either, so take what you want from it.

Doesn't take away how bad the team is offensively this season, they couldn't even muster up solid touchdown drives vs an awful Cowboys defense that has given up 600+ total yards 2 of the last 3 weeks.

They just are not good enough, Dallas did everything they could to lose yesterday. Giants season was last night.

hakeem hasnt been the same mentally ever since victor cruz entered contract talks

i would never expect any sort of divaness from hakeem but this is what i am getting from it and if he feels the way i think he is feeling, then he can walk this offseason

Yeah. Hakeem doesn't seem to have much fight in him these days. That much is apparent. We could've used him, even if it was just a decoy. They had Cruz smothered all game.

I agree. I hate to say it but after that loss I'm starting to lose hope here. And I fear Nicks will be gone after this season. Maybe these guys aren't as hungry anymore after winning a ring (some 2).

If our defense played like this at the beginning of the season, our record would be vastly different.
offense is to blame for the dallas loss

couldnt convert when in the red zone

i think  one time they were ~9 yards away or so and passed on 2nd down and then ran on 3rd

they should've just ran all the way or passed on 3rd too

If our defense played like this at the beginning of the season, our record would be vastly different.

the defense has actually been consistent, the offense was and still is **** and put them in bad spots with the turnovers

The run game has vastly improved though, Eli is playing with zero confidence.

Back
Top Bottom