Official New York Giants 2013 Off-Season thread: (2014 schedule on page 87)

Happens with every fan base when a team starts winning. Not all of em are bad but some dudes kept saying how many points the giants had and I just said as many Lombardi trophies that you have.

Anyone else going to see beast mode tomorrow? I think giants make it close to be honest. Hope it's not blowout considering I am going.
Don't know what motivated you to believe that homie lol. This had manhandling written all over it. Nothing to play for, injured players, unmotivated players, top tier team with physical defense and elite pass defending, etc etc. Not at all surprised Eli threw 5 picks. Honestly I don't even know why our stars were on the field. I would've sat everyone so they know what it feels like to be on vacation in the middle of December watching everyone else play.

Not to call anyone out, but the first step in getting better is admitting there are problems. Some of you guys seem to think we just played bad. No. We ARE bad. Our O-line is bad. Before Brown got going, our running game was bad. Other than the occasional flash of brilliance from Cruz, our receivers have been bad. Our playcalling has (always) been bad. And last but not least Eli has been bad. Eli hasn't lost it, by any measure, but he surely went into Brett Favre mode this year taking far far too many risks. Somewhat understandable but imo not preferable. I believe I said it somewhere earlier in this thread but with the way our offense has been playing as a whole, and with all the injuries we've had to endure Eli should've been in game manager mode. Trying to be a big play offense this season has been absolutely brutal to watch and ultimately fruitless. I will say that our defense showed that they can still compete. Just need some leadership and consistency. Special teams as useless as ever.

Can't wait for the offseason to get here. Giants have a lot of rebuilding to do. No more plugging holes, we need to take some serious looks at our team and make forward thinking changes. Revamp the o-line. Recruit leadership for the defense. Fire Fewell and Gilbride. Get a backup QB who will actually make Eli think twice about throwing the ball into triple coverage. Making serious changes might also have to involve letting Coughlin go. I like him but he's old and I don't know if he'll want to stick around for that kinda ride. Might be easier to dump all three coaches and bring in somebody new with some new energy.

It's been a rough season fellas. Especially in our division. Let's hope things continue that way for the rest of the bums in the NFC East lol.

Coughlin is part of the Giants family, won here, he will never be on the hot seat. Team has won two superbowls in 7 years

Worst case they would nudge him to retire, but what good does that do? They need TE, WRs (Nicks will be gone), DL, OL....not Coughlin's fault.

If the Giants lose the next two, they'll land a top 5 pick.

mean.gif
Still don't understand why they lowballed Bennett...

Dude is having a productive season in Chicago.

sick.gif
Myers.

Giants fans are hilarious. Eli is over the hill, Coughlin has to go, ect. Some dude was sitting in front of me at the game and asked "What do you think of Eli?" I said "Have you seen what Eli has done over the past 10 years?", then he says "....man he sucks!". This is the type of dude that is a bandwagon fan. :lol:

I don't blame the season on TC or Eli, obviously there is collective fault, but I think there are people in the locker room that are douches ie Nicks. I'd love to keep Beason and Rolle, and hopefully Tuck can come back for cheap. JPP will be way better next year, those back surgeries need a lot of time. Maybe Michael Oher? Jared Allen? I think I read Sunday that Eli is willing to restructure his contract.

Hopefully we tank so we can cut Nicks ASAP and draft Evans or Watkins.

It's sad cause I really liked Nicks. Dude is a talent be he shot himself in the foot this year. I hope we keep Rolle too, he's our best player on defense. Tied for first with INTs, should be a Pro bowler.

Not eem a win could bump this thread lol.

But really though, we should've lost today. G-Men losing even when they winning.

We have not played one complete game all year. This team needs an overhaul to get back in it next year. If we win 7,can't assume this squad is going to improve the way it is next season. Need so much improvement.

Offensive line didn't look awful yesterday and the play calling was actually what it should have been all year. Adjusted way too late to the glaring holes with this team.

Anyway, I'll be at the season closer at home next week. Assuming nobody on this thread will be tree but PM me just in case.

:smh: Still don't understand why they lowballed Bennett...

Dude is having a productive season in Chicago.

:x Myers.

Had to find ways under the cap.

W or L today the defense never quit, proud of that unit considering the extra nonsense it had to deal with. Yeah the pass rush was never there, haven't been there in a while, but they plugged the running lanes all season long esp Tuck.

Offense needs to get in sync next season, and it begins with the offensive line. Eli never recovered from the 0-6 start imo, shook his confidence. :x

I can't believe Rolle didn't make the ProBowl. Not like I really want to watch it like that considering all the new, stupid rules they are having. And they need to put it back where it was, AFTER the SB so all the players can play. I swear, Roger Goodell is killing the game...

Last edited:
Bad season overall but at least we went down fighting. Gotta retool and come back strong next year.

tough year. i haven't been as interested in football this season due to a number of reasons, but i'm sure next season will be a lot more promising

Randle and Jernigan are the future. Should have parted with Nicks for a pick early in the season.

Trel was one of the best safeties in football in 2013.

Kevin GIlbride to be fired.

Praise the Lord.

Good. Dude helped us get rings but his play calling was horrible this year. Perry should stay though.

I'm so happy the Cowboys blew it AGAIN! Orton pulled a Romo. Every Cowboy fan I know is sick and that makes this sorry *** season not feel so bad.

Happy that Gilbride is out. Ready to say goodbye to Fewell as well. Brendon Myers has to go too. A ******g bum. We have to draft a TE, we need something decent.

Would love to keep Beason, not sure if we can afford him. Rolle said he'll sign an extension, he wants to stay. I'm sad to see my man Nicks go. ****

Jerrell is solid. He's been quick but I've seen him **** up during the season Dropped passes, fumbling kick offs and bad routes. I'm not sold on him because of his last few games. He should get more time over Murphy Jr though.

Last edited:
Trel's mellowed out about the Pro Bowl snub. But just look at and compare the numbers against Kam, Polamalu, and EB.

Myers was a dud after a monster year in Oakland.

Jernigan and Randle have proven they're ready.

Prince taking the next step, highlighted by a performance against Megatron.

Back
Top Bottom