Official New York Giants 2013 Off-Season thread: (2014 schedule on page 87)

Not sure why we let Linval Joseph walk, he was only offered 6M per year with the Vikings.

Jennings is a solid signing as well, hope the contract isn't outrageous.

Last edited:
I know absolutely nothing about O'Brien Schofield.

Sounds like a high risk, high reward move type of move the Giants are trying to pull here.

Baas cut, Tuck visiting Oakland today (doesn't seem like Giants will try to match whatever he gets)

WIN.
pimp.gif

Not mad at the moves made so far. Would've preferred they made a bigger attempt to keep Joesph, but at 6 million a year? Eh.

Here's to hoping they pass on a quick fix like Finley at TE, and just go for Ebron in the draft. Enough of these stop gaps, start developing.

EDIT: Although, they shouldn't have let Bennett walk last year.
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
6M a year for Linval is actually pretty reasonable, guy is good and I thought he would've gotten more.

I wonder who will be the Giants 3rd WR, just give Eli some protection in the pocket and we all know what he can do. :pimp:

Is Andre Brown gone too since we have so many RB's? :frown:

Last edited:
Kind of upset about them not resigning Tuck. He's always been one of my favorite Giants because he always hustled, and came through when it mattered. His run in the 2011 playoffs was probably as valuable as anyone's. Even on this down year he was the 7th highest rated 4-3 DE in the NFL on PFF. Meanwhile 2 years ago, we gave Kiwanuka 3/22, the 50th/3rd worst rated DE in all of the NFL, who had half the amount of pressures on the same amount of snaps this year. I really didn't think 2/11 was a bad deal, but I guess that's just the way things went.

Beason was a monster w/ Car, but he's a step slower, and was pretty awful in pass coverage last year watching him. I'm not sure if he was worth the amount we paid, but I hope another year away from his injury, he can maybe get back some of his athleticism. We still need starters at corner, outside linebacker, tight end, and center. I wonder who we can even afford at this pt, had 25m of cap space after the snee/baas moves, and signed Hills (2), Jennings (3), Schwartz (4), Beason (6). Rough math, and I'm lazily avging and rounding the contracts but that should leave us w/ about 10M left?

Last edited:
Giants are being real cheap letting Tuck go. Even at his age he is still better than what we have now. I hope Pierre-Paul can put together a full season.

But by not matching 2yr/11Mil it's clear they didnt want him back.

He'll be missed. I hope they have a plan for the D-Line.

And how much did we give Jon Beason?!? He was much better in Carolina.

I like the LB McClain pickup who was released by the Ravens.

Last offer to Tuck was 2yr/6M from the Giants. He said they could've had him for 2yr/8M and that they didn't have to match the raiders :smh:

Tuck is past his prime and hasn't been the same for a few years, he did well ins topping the run last season and a majority of those sacks came in a 2-3 game span when the Giants were still winless.

You knew they were not going top keep him, he will be missed and was the captain, but it was time to move on and spend money elsewhere.

Cruz is a better player and actually plays hard week in and week out, glad the Giants gave him a contract instead to be honest with you.

Manningham apparently meeting with the Giants tomm.

Wouldn't mind him as the 3rd option again.

Curious how much we're willing to pay for DRC.

Very interested to see how Rashad Jennings does here. He was solid in Oak last year.

Don't want Hillis or Josh Brown.

Wish we would restructure Rolle and extend him a year or two.

Happy to have Beason back.

Sad to see Tuck go. He loved NY and the Giants. Wish him the best.

I'm still tight over Hakeem Nicks.

I hope Mario has fully recovered. Wouldn't mind seeing him back with us.

Schofield didn't pass the physical so we cancelled that? Can someone confirm that?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom