Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

998 dboa and dbr is awesome. I think they look great too.

By the way does anyone here have example of pics for 997ccf with ropelace? Or just 997/998 with rope lace. Sites with pictures be great too!
Thanks guys!
shoe is too nice to defile with rope laces

Last edited:
Crazy.  I was very skeptical as I picked them up for next to nothing at Value Village.

Thanks for the input!

Latest NB1 arrived...

M997DSAI for $160 shipped on eBay. Just picked up a size 10 since I don't think I'll see a lower price on these.

Last edited:

It doesn't look great (from the pic), but how is the toebox shape on yours? Got mine from Renarts during that sale too and the shape is very chunky
the shape is not horrible but not best i have seen. the one thing that kinda bugs me is they fit kinda large, kinda similar to the cncpts grand tourers. yours fit correct? or true to your normal 998 size?

M1500FBs came in.  I am a sucker for leather-based NBs... 

It's hard to think of another company that could pull off a mass-production of this tongue, props to the folks at Flimby for this craftsmanship... For this shoe to work, the tongue had to be attached perfectly straight.  Can you imagine Nike trying to pull this off in one of their factories?

the shape is not horrible but not best i have seen. the one thing that kinda bugs me is they fit kinda large, kinda similar to the cncpts grand tourers. yours fit correct? or true to your normal 998 size?

They don't fit huge but definitely larger than my 998DO (which have almost perfect shape). I just assumed the shape had something to do with the looser fit as I only have one pair of 998's to compare them too

Weird, I thought I was the only one that wasn't expecting such a large fit on the CSEFs since I went 0.5 down from my Asics size. It did feel just like the GTs in the same size that I ended up selling because I thought those were just a tad bit too big as well.

M1500FBs came in.  I am a sucker for leather-based NBs... 

It's hard to think of another company that could pull off a mass-production of this tongue, props to the folks at Flimby for this craftsmanship... For this shoe to work, the tongue had to be attached perfectly straight.  Can you imagine Nike trying to pull this off in one of their factories?
My made in UK's always outshine my Made in USA's. I think it has to do with the small scale operation in Cumbria, with less than 100 workers for the whole factory those guys take pride in what they do. I'm thinking about grabbing the Epic TR's, I like all three but I already have 577's and 1500's. I feel like the chance to snag a model that may not come around again is whats compelling me to go with those, plus im a sucker for the retro court looking shoes. The CT300 is probably my favorite UK model. 

M997DSAI for $160 shipped on eBay. Just picked up a size 10 since I don't think I'll see a lower price on these.

You'll easily see them for less than that, but you'll have to wait awhile. But nonetheless, excellent pickup and a decent price. Very dope 997.

Heads up to anyone interested a seller on the bay has a few bigger sizes of the MT580 Wings+Horns up for $225 if i recall thats just a few bucks more than Retail+Tax+Shipping, got a sz 11 on the way FINALLY

also Big S/O to whoever it was that posted the 20% cash back and disco for NB through Ebates, finally joined ebates and i got myself 2 pairs of NB1 574s on the disco :nthat:

this thread is the best

You'll easily see them for less than that, but you'll have to wait awhile. But nonetheless, excellent pickup and a decent price. Very dope 997.
The problem is that whenever I see a low price on a model that I'm really interested in, size 10 is almost never available. For the 997DGM which has a similar MSRP I never saw it dip below 180, I ended up buying it pre-owned for 145. 

The 997DCS eventually came down to $102, I thought about buying it a few months ago when it was 130 but I wasn't too hot on the CW so I passed again. I think the 997DSAI is pretty hot so that's why I pulled the trigger at 160.

Back
Top Bottom