Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Another similar shoe which imo look fantastic! Leather tongue!

I think NB is going to start keep the GYs(990, 996,998 and 997) readily available. I mean it makes sense there's no reason to keep an all grey shoe limited.
that would be cool.  i would buy a pair or 2 every year if they were readily available.  the 997gy and/or gy2.

I think NB is going to start keep the GYs(990, 996,998 and 997) readily available. I mean it makes sense there's no reason to keep an all grey shoe limited.

that would be cool.  i would buy a pair or 2 every year if they were readily available.  the 997gy and/or gy2.
Now they brought the MIUSA 1700 back, I'm praying that the 990v2 and MIUSA 999 are on the horizon.

love those 997's^^

how low you guys think the 998dboa will go? $180 shipped is not bad imo. i keep waiting to find the 998dbr's for $150ish and in the process seems i may have missed my chance. only place i can find them now is $190ish and those were a $240 retail. very close to same retail as the 998dboa. trying to resist pulling the trigger on them dboa's right now for $180.

love those 997's^^

how low you guys think the 998dboa will go? $180 shipped is not bad imo. i keep waiting to find the 998dbr's for $150ish and in the process seems i may have missed my chance. only place i can find them now is $190ish and those were a $240 retail. very close to same retail as the 998dboa. trying to resist pulling the trigger on them dboa's right now for $180.

998 dboa and dbr is awesome. I think they look great too.

By the way does anyone here have example of pics for 997ccf with ropelace? Or just 997/998 with rope lace. Sites with pictures be great too!
Thanks guys!

998 dboa and dbr is awesome. I think they look great too.

By the way does anyone here have example of pics for 997ccf with ropelace? Or just 997/998 with rope lace. Sites with pictures be great too!
Thanks guys!
https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=...ved=0ahUKEwjXkain6ozLAhVLGY4KHT1HA7YQ_AUIBigB

I'll be honest, most GR 998s and even 997s in a lot of cases seem to make their way below $150 at some point. If you cop sooner and pay more that's cool, just means you don't want to wait it out. I really like the 998dboa as well as the 997 but I can definitely wait.

NB 1s came in from the 20% ebates. Toe indent is pretty bad on one pair may call in and see what's up.

Last edited:
Is that navy on the laces and top N? Maybe I'm just blind but If so that's the only thing I'd personally change, to black. Looks good. Kind of like an undftd but with alot more orange.
Thanks for the co-sign, about to pull the trigger on a slightly modified version. Pulled the orange from the toebox, and onto the N instead to get a better balance out. Looking forward to this.. my first custom. It says 2 weeks, is that true? I'm about to move cross country, and I'm leaving in like 22 days (3 wks). If I buy these in the next few days, think it'll arrive on time? 

I was just wondering if someone could help with checking the (lack of) authenticity of a pair of used 998's I picked up. 

I'm weary and I feel they're fakes based on the insoles that came with them. The stitching is also a little shady in a couple of places and something just doesn't feel right. 

I don't have another pair to compare them with so I was hoping someone could confirm my suspicions.

Thanks.

I don't think my NB1's have ever taken longer than 4 business days from order to delivery so you should be good [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]

Last edited:
Thanks for the co-sign, about to pull the trigger on a slightly modified version. Pulled the orange from the toebox, and onto the N instead to get a better balance out. Looking forward to this.. my first custom. It says 2 weeks, is that true? I'm about to move cross country, and I'm leaving in like 22 days (3 wks). If I buy these in the next few days, think it'll arrive on time? 

Takes about 3 days from order to be shipped. I ordered 1 on Thursday, arrives today. Depending on where you live & transit time. So figure 3 days to build & whatever ship time is. NB1's ship from MA. I live in RI, takes 4 days total.

Back
Top Bottom