Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

None of those are accurate... If you don't like the shoe, that's totally fine, but I highly doubt Aaron would just lazily pick these colors for a quick release on his first Made in USA 998. I just don't understand what more you're looking for in these... It has a leather sock liner, and color and stitching options that aren't available on NB1. 

I definitely agree with #2. The price point is outrageous. It's the only thing stopping me from copping. 

I agree with both just thought I would see something more than NY inspired shoe with NYY associated colors. Also I'm sure the horween option will drop soon. I'm gonna pass and cop my DSLRs and NB1s for a little bit more. But I also feel bad for Ronnie I mean the man spent hours,days months possibly years creating this collab and everyone's hating on it poor guy :/ right getitaway getitaway

Last edited:
I agree with both just thought I would see something more than NY inspired shoe with NYY associated colors. Also I'm sure the horween option will drop soon. I'm gonna pass and cop my DSLRs and NB1s for a little bit more. But I also feel bad for Ronnie I mean the man spent hours,days months possibly years creating this collab and everyone's hating on it poor guy :/ right @getitaway
right!

I'm confident that I will be able to.  The reason I got the 40 bucks off was because they sent me a jacked up pair of nb1.   Still undecided on using it though.   I have a couple designs but nothing that screams "make me" 
same for me. my nb1 were a little bit screwed as well, got the $30 as a 'refund'. but in the end you have to fill in the code at the discounts box and by entering your codet the other discount will be replaced... was really pissed when i figured that out

same for me. my nb1 were a little bit screwed as well, got the $30 as a 'refund'. but in the end you have to fill in the code at the discounts box and by entering your codet the other discount will be replaced... was really pissed when i figured that out
I think they told me only 1 discount will apply online.  But they told me to call in and the rep will login on my account and include both on their end.  Hope thats true. 

I just don't understand what you guys must expect....Dude has been making simple but clean colorways for years now. I'm just going to assume that you prefer shades of pink or turquoise as opposed to darker blues.

With the NB1 feature, it's going to be a bit difficult for any collab on that model to completely differentiate itself.

Yes, I completely disagree with the price point if its up around $250 or something like that. If it's less than $225 or so, I don't really see the issue. It's a clean colorway and has options that NB1 doesn't have. No reason to throw so much shade...

Yes, I completely disagree with the price point if its up around $250 or something like that. If it's less than $225 or so, I don't really see the issue. It's a clean colorway and has options that NB1 doesn't have. No reason to throw so much shade...
This. Dude was never known for making crazy loud colorways or anything like that. Mostly 1 primary color and hits of another. Price is really the only gripe I have with this shoe. People will always complain though. 

I just don't understand what you guys must expect....Dude has been making simple but clean colorways for years now. I'm just going to assume that you prefer shades of pink or turquoise as opposed to darker blues.

With the NB1 feature, it's going to be a bit difficult for any collab on that model to completely differentiate itself.

I'm sure NB1 will be updated with these type of customizations at some point. It's the price point and the fact this is the first MiUSA Ronnie has dropped in a while I expected more than some NYY looking 998s. Also it's the fact that NB has been putting out some pretty dope GRs and you look at their GRs and they have more creativity and better use of materials then these and can be copped for half the price. It's just sad that Ronnie couldn't do better than GRs that have been pumped out recently if I'm paying extra for a RF branding I expect more creativity than these.

Dude was never known for making crazy loud colorways or anything like that.

David-Z-x-ASICS-Gel-Lyte-III-252-Pack.jpeg

@runners, you still aren't saying what you would want though. Sure, you can speculate that NB1 will get certain customizations, but as of now, they don't have them. This shoe does. Also, he only has certain things to choose from. He can't just do anything he wants with any material.

@runners, you still aren't saying what you would want though. Sure, you can speculate that NB1 will get certain customizations, but as of now, they don't have them. This shoe does. Also, he only has certain things to choose from. He can't just do anything he wants with any material.

I can wait for the materials to come, they will seeing they already ****** up the coding and a herringbone/horween is coming soon and I'm sure perf will be back soon. I'm not saying you defiantly will be able to make it but you can still make/will be make shoes with the same quality and better options. My point is NB is putting out better concepts for shoes than Ronnie is and for that price point I expect a better/more creative CW

You want horween, but then will be mad when the price is up around $300...

So 240 with the 20 percent off that they offer frequently and it will have free shipping and ship quicker than kith so no I won't be mad nice try though

If RFs are $240, I'll have an issue with them. Colorblocking-wise, they're really well executed. Some of y'all need to go back to Jordan's if you want 5+ colors on a sneaker. I like just the basic 3-color gradient on these, wouldn't mind some navy on the outsole but the all white midsole is something not usually offered on a 998.

Y'all want a "premium" 998 and when you have one right in front of you you decide its too plain. Like I said, only knock on these will be the price but with GR NB prices nowadays, it's hardly a surprise.

The main issue for most people is the price. Most people are just used to paying well under retail for good quality gr's, so a $240 pricetag will surely deter some customers. I guess 1 way for those to justify the price is by using all the money saved on other pairs to pay for this one.

If RFs are $240, I'll have an issue with them. Colorblocking-wise, they're really well executed. Some of y'all need to go back to Jordan's if you want 5+ colors on a sneaker. I like just the basic 3-color gradient on these, wouldn't mind some navy on the outsole but the all white midsole is something not usually offered on a 998.

Y'all want a "premium" 998 and when you have one right in front of you you decide its too plain. Like I said, only knock on these will be the price but with GR NB prices nowadays, it's hardly a surprise.

Lol not asking for crazy colors and they are 250 and 265-275 if you live in NY. Also majority of people never pay close to retail on GRs. If I am gonna justify paying that much I expect more creativity. With the amount of good quality GRS for the fraction of the price it just isn't worth it for some simple color blocking

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom