Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Hey everyone, I received my 997DCS today and tried them on. Went TTS (US11) and encountered the same problem as my 996DGY - the left shoe was too snug. I had my foot scanned and analyzed a while back; my left foot is slightly longer and wider (doesn't help that I'm flat footed).

I love the sneakers...I really do. Is there any way I could expand the width to accommodate my left foot? I tried stuffing the kicks with crushed newspapers, but to no avail.

I really love the RF x NB 998 but I'm worried that if I cop them in US11, I'll end up with a shoe that's too tight. Could any of the kind folk here advise if 998s are roomier than 997s/996s? Appreciate any help given.
998's are wider than 997's in my experience. The 997 is slightly more narrow, but I'm still able to wear the same size in 997/998

Last edited:
Does anyone have an example of how the asteroid color looks in person? Also does anyone think NB.com will have a good sale on Black Friday. Want to pull the trigger on my first pair of NB1s...!

I'm starting to come around to RF "City Never Sleeps" 998's. 

Does anybody know the Retail price for them yet & is there going to be a wider release one these?

Also, if not will Kith just do a In-Store release only on them?

I could see myself pulling the trigger if they're $220ish

Does anyone have an example of how the asteroid color looks in person? Also does anyone think NB.com will have a good sale on Black Friday. Want to pull the trigger on my first pair of NB1s...!
Somewhere between 2 and 5 pages back.  A couple Tassie devil inspired shoes were posted. 

I just thought bout it, I wonder if the name "the city never sleeps"  implies the fade from toe (day - royal blue) to mid (dusk -navy blue) to back (night -black)

I have Asteroid on the heel and logo.  its a nice deep purple.  RE: the discount...if you've set up a MyNB account on newbalance.com they're doing 20% off + free shipping for members through Saturday i think.  Its free and the best coupon i've seen on their site.  I'll probably do another 998 pair if i strike out on the Hanon 25th anniv collab.

FYI I have navy on the saddle...its pretty dark, almost black.

I have Asteroid on the heel and logo.  its a nice deep purple.  RE: the discount...if you've set up a MyNB account on newbalance.com they're doing 20% off + free shipping for members through Saturday i think.  Its free and the best coupon i've seen on their site.  I'll probably do another 998 pair if i strike out on the Hanon 25th anniv collab.

FYI I have navy on the saddle...its pretty dark, almost black.
Good looking out!  Totally missed the 20% off.  Now I'm ordering for sure!  $112 for nb1 998 is not bad at all.  Thats including a $40 coupon code they gave me. 

If you're a 10.5 you may wanna hit up mattp_82 on IG. He's selling both TGWO for a pretty good price. Has some other good stuff up for sale too.

Really want to triple up on 997GY for $130 man smh, all those prices are pretty great
If you're a 10.5 you may wanna hit up mattp_82 on IG. He's selling both TGWO for a pretty good price. Has some other good stuff up for sale too.

Last edited:
Someone needs to pick up those 1400JJ2's. Good price and they don't pop up often.

I'm definitely tempted by the 577GWO1. Is that a pretty good price for them?

Last edited:

Someone needs to pick up those 1400JJ2's. Good price and they don't pop up often.

I'm definitely tempted by the 577GWO1. Is that a pretty good price for them?
$175 is def a solid pirce. I paid $260 for a ds pair and I felt like that was fair.

I would be all over these if they were in my size.

I never understand when people say "he didn't put that much energy into these.." or "it's just lazy..."

As if anyone on here has any insight into how long he actually worked on the thought process of the colorway and materials. 

Simple color blocking ≠ lazy

The guy pretty much just does an ID but with more colors and options it's not a hard job and to simply color block 3 shades of blue is pretty lazy.

Last edited:

Hey everyone, I received my 997DCS today and tried them on. Went TTS (US11) and encountered the same problem as my 996DGY - the left shoe was too snug. I had my foot scanned and analyzed a while back; my left foot is slightly longer and wider (doesn't help that I'm flat footed).

I love the sneakers...I really do. Is there any way I could expand the width to accommodate my left foot? I tried stuffing the kicks with crushed newspapers, but to no avail.

I really love the RF x NB 998 but I'm worried that if I cop them in US11, I'll end up with a shoe that's too tight. Could any of the kind folk here advise if 998s are roomier than 997s/996s? Appreciate any help given.
In my opinion 997s and 998s are the same in length but 998s are wider. Sounds like 998s might be a better fit for you. Also, consider a mesh toe box instead of a suede toebox as the mesh stretches and is roomier. 

The guy pretty much just does an ID but with more colors and options it's not a hard job and to simply color block 3 shades of blue is pretty lazy.
You're only saying it's lazy because you don't like it. Does every collab have to have 10 different shades of 10 different colors to please you? Why is it hard to believe that his intention when creating these was to create something simple? You have no idea how long he thought about the color scheme or tried different ideas before he landed on these, so stop acting like he just sat at a computer, grabbed three colors and sent it off for production.  

Last edited:
You're only saying it's lazy because you don't like it. Does every collab have to have 10 different shades of 10 different colors to please you? Why is it hard to believe that his intention when creating these was to create something simple? You have no idea how long he thought about the color scheme or tried different ideas before he landed on these, so stop acting like he just sat at a computer, grabbed three colors and sent it off for production.  

Haha I don't mind the shoes actually it's just very simple ecspecially with the NB1 id expect more creativity or better colors. Designing a s sneaker is pretty simple man you pick colors based upon inspiration you may have or based off another shoe. You need to relax your giving this guy way too much credit for just making IDs. Your either a figet, work at kith or you are Aaron.

Haha I don't mind the shoes actually it's just very simple ecspecially with the NB1 id expect more creativity or better colors. Designing a s sneaker is pretty simple man you pick colors based upon inspiration you may have or based off another shoe. You need to relax your giving this guy way too much credit for just making IDs. Your either a figet, work at kith or you are Aaron.
None of those are accurate... If you don't like the shoe, that's totally fine, but I highly doubt Aaron would just lazily pick these colors for a quick release on his first Made in USA 998. I just don't understand what more you're looking for in these... It has a leather sock liner, and color and stitching options that aren't available on NB1. 

None of those are accurate... If you don't like the shoe, that's totally fine, but I highly doubt Aaron would just lazily pick these colors for a quick release on his first Made in USA 998. I just don't understand what more you're looking for in these... It has a leather sock liner, and color and stitching options that aren't available on NB1. 
dude is not worth debating haha

Last edited:

he literally just picks a location of somewhere and makes shoes associated with the colors. Examples miamis, Knicks, KFE, americanas, west coast pack, Daytona, Brooklyn bridges and central parks. This mans inspiration is as dull as 12 year old coloring about his vacation. He simply picks 3/5 colors associates with an area and used different "premium" materials. His creativity is wack, his hype had died and the man fake sells out his own **** dude is a herb.It's clear he doesn't spend too much time on his projects, he probably spends more time discussing where he's gonna stay for his next vacation for his next drop with his travel agent than he does actually making the shoe. not to mention he has been recycling color ways to. All of this repetitive nonsense and recycling of color ways is clear that the man lost his touch and doesn't really care to much because kith/Ronnie has never cared about the customer like a lot of places do

Last edited:
I have 2 issues with the Fiegs:

The midsole seems lazy. I actually like the upper and how it fades darker from front to back but I wish the midsole, or parts of it had that same effect or similar. The shoe also needs a small accent color. Maybe have part of the tongue embroidery have a hit of red or salmon. I don't know, just something

2. The price point is ridiculous. I can design something similar that I'll like even more on nb1 why am I dropping $240 on this?

The midsole seems lazy. I actually like the upper and how it fades darker from front to back but I wish the midsole, or parts of it had that same effect or similar. The shoe also needs a small accent color. Maybe have part of the tongue embroidery have a hit of red or salmon. I don't know, just something

2. The price point is ridiculous. I can design something similar that I'll like even more on nb1 why am I dropping $240 on this?
I definitely agree with #2. The price point is outrageous. It's the only thing stopping me from copping. 

The price makes no sense comparing it to other collabs like Premier. NB pricing in general makes no sense $200 for GR 997s and 998s, expect no one ever pays close to that. Give me break on NB collabs costing over $200.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom