Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I posted the pic a few pages back but I'll post it again.

Call me crazy but I associate that volt type of color to Nike.

to me new balance shoes look weird with that color. 

Slightly clearer photo of the colors on the RF 998s via Action Bronson's insta
Edit... Photo isn't posting from my phone

Last edited:
S M U R F S Z N

Looks like a bad nb1 design, easy pass
I 2nd that, a SUPER EASY PASS on these Fieg's (really don't like the all white midsole). Busch League. It seems like he just didn't put much creative energy into these. I thought he would do something a little better for NB, especially with the heat he's been bringing with those Diadora RF7000's, the Asics x DIamond Supply, and the red fade on the Puma Sakura...this is just a let down for me. Oh well, just more money i can put toward's NB1's...

I 2nd that, a SUPER EASY PASS on these Fieg's (really don't like the all white midsole). Busch League. It seems like he just didn't put much creative energy into these. I thought he would do something a little better for NB, especially with the heat he's been bringing with those Diadora RF7000's, the Asics x DIamond Supply, and the red fade on the Puma Sakura...this is just a let down for me. Oh well, just more money i can put toward's NB1's...
So you're saying he put creative energy into the Diamond Supply collab, which is about as recycled a colorway as you can get?? :rofl:

I never understand when people say "he didn't put that much energy into these.." or "it's just lazy..."

As if anyone on here has any insight into how long he actually worked on the thought process of the colorway and materials. 

Simple color blocking ≠ lazy

I never understand when people say "he didn't put that much energy into these.." or "it's just lazy..."

As if anyone on here has any insight into how long he actually worked on the thought process of the colorway and materials. 

Simple color blocking ≠ lazy

Those RF X 998's are clean. Less is more, most times.

Hey everyone, I received my 997DCS today and tried them on. Went TTS (US11) and encountered the same problem as my 996DGY - the left shoe was too snug. I had my foot scanned and analyzed a while back; my left foot is slightly longer and wider (doesn't help that I'm flat footed).

I love the sneakers...I really do. Is there any way I could expand the width to accommodate my left foot? I tried stuffing the kicks with crushed newspapers, but to no avail.

I really love the RF x NB 998 but I'm worried that if I cop them in US11, I'll end up with a shoe that's too tight. Could any of the kind folk here advise if 998s are roomier than 997s/996s? Appreciate any help given.

Hey everyone, I received my 997DCS today and tried them on. Went TTS (US11) and encountered the same problem as my 996DGY - the left shoe was too snug. I had my foot scanned and analyzed a while back; my left foot is slightly longer and wider (doesn't help that I'm flat footed).

I love the sneakers...I really do. Is there any way I could expand the width to accommodate my left foot? I tried stuffing the kicks with crushed newspapers, but to no avail.

I really love the RF x NB 998 but I'm worried that if I cop them in US11, I'll end up with a shoe that's too tight. Could any of the kind folk here advise if 998s are roomier than 997s/996s? Appreciate any help given.

If you live by a new balance store you can go there and have them stretch the shoe out for you. Takes a couple days I think.

The 998 is a longer/slender model when compared to the 997/996. I think you would have issues with the width of the 998 from the sounds of it.

Last edited:

Just go up a size? It's better to have a roomier shoe than a tight one.

Back
Top Bottom