Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

The main issue for most people is the price. Most people are just used to paying well under retail for good quality gr's, so a $240 pricetag will surely deter some customers. I guess 1 way for those to justify the price is by using all the money saved on other pairs to pay for this one.
For sure. If you aren't feeling the price, that's very understandable. If people want to go buy more GRs on discount, go ahead. No need to knock this pair though to justify your choice.

If his pair would've came out 5 years ago, people would be beasting.

For sure. If you aren't feeling the price, that's very understandable. If people want to go buy more GRs on discount, go ahead. No need to knock this pair though to justify your choice.

If his pair would've came out 5 years ago, people would be beasting.

The whole point of collabs are to offer something special and more creative than what is normally put out and he didn't do that it's a sub par shoe for its price point. Your point of saying if this released 5 years ago shoes Ronnie can't keep up with what's going on. He's taking on more than he can handle and continues to put out sub bar shoes all with similar storylines and recycles colors.

The whole point of collabs are to offer something special and more creative than what is normally put out and he didn't do that it's a sub par shoe for its price point. Your point of saying if this released 5 years ago shoes Ronnie can't keep up with what's going on. He's taking on more than he can handle and continues to put out sub bar shoes all with similar storylines and recycles colors.
I didn't convey that properly...This pair is just as clean as some of the pairs from years back that you hold in high regard. You just aren't feeling this pair now because of NB1, even though this pair has things that NB1 doesn't offer.

I didn't convey that properly...This pair is just as clean as some of the pairs from years back that you hold in high regard. You just aren't feeling this pair now because of NB1, even though this pair has things that NB1 doesn't offer.

I don't even care about that I can wait for more things to come on NB1because I know they will eventually but right now GR wise there are pairs that are much better and more creative than these for half the price. I'll gladly cop 3 pairs of GRs for the same if not less. Wouldn't surprise me if these op up in outlets with the rise in productions and this inflated price tag they're gonna have trouble moving these.

Last edited:
Just did a find search on this page, and you've said "more creative/creativity" 6 times.

Alright.. we get it already..

Last edited:
Just did a find search on this page, and you've said "more creative/creativity" 6 times.

Alright.. we get it already..

Because someone keep brining it up and seem to think the shoes worth the price point

Last edited:
Because someone keep brining it up and seem to think the shoes worth the price point
And you have disagreed with him, which is all good.

I understand both sides of the argument. 

However, I think the issue about pricing of NB1/GR vs Collabs is pointless though. It's just that collabs aren't available in large enough quantities to sit long enough to go on discount like the GRs do. 998DBRs were priced around $250 as well, without a leather liner (but with horween details).

Furthermore, the RF 998 does have certain elements that separate it from a GR or an NB1. And not to mention it has RF's name on it. Which carries some weight whether you like it or not. So demand will definitely be higher than for a GR.

So if your point is that the RFs have no value compared to NB1/GRs, then yes I agree. But that does not mean they're overpriced.

As to whether they're "not creative" enough, well that's just your opinion now isn't it?

David-Z-x-ASICS-Gel-Lyte-III-252-Pack.jpeg
Didn't think of those, but wouldn't say he is known for the 252 pack at all. His 3 biggest GL3s are all one color I think (Nice Kicks, Coves, Mints). 

Didn't think of those, but wouldn't say he is known for the 252 pack at all. His 3 biggest GL3s are all one color I think (Nice Kicks, Coves, Mints). 

I would say RFs most famous GL3s are far and away Salmon Toes and Leatherbacks, with the Total Eclipse not far behind. I dont think most people even know that cove and mint existed before the GLVs, much less the Nice Kicks 1 or 2.

The 998s are nice no doubt, just not $250 nice for me. Fingers still crossed for a 2nd 998.

Still undecided...any help? 

These.

Last edited:
thanks to all who have purchased some new balances from me. i am still in the process of trying to sell the rest, on top of the 190 pairs of nike sbs I have still.  it is going to take a while but I appreciate everyones help. I will most likely be lowering the prices on the 16 pairs of 997s and 998s remaining and donate a portion of sales to a charity for the holiday.    

happy holidays all

If you live by a new balance store you can go there and have them stretch the shoe out for you. Takes a couple days I think.

The 998 is a longer/slender model when compared to the 997/996. I think you would have issues with the width of the 998 from the sounds of it.
No NB store nearby but I can give the cobbler a try. :smile:

Just go up a size? It's better to have a roomier shoe than a tight one.
I would size up by half, but I worry that it'll be too loose for my right foot.

have you ever tried using an adjustable shoe tree? or go half size up.
I've seen those on sale, might just grab one to try.

998's are wider than 997's in my experience. The 997 is slightly more narrow, but I'm still able to wear the same size in 997/998

In my opinion 997s and 998s are the same in length but 998s are wider. Sounds like 998s might be a better fit for you. Also, consider a mesh toe box instead of a suede toebox as the mesh stretches and is roomier. 
I hope the 998s are wide enough, 'cos I really want to cop the RF collabs this weekend.

No NB store nearby but I can give the cobbler a try. :smile:

I've seen those on sale, might just grab one to try.

I hope the 998s are wide enough, 'cos I really want to cop the RF collabs this weekend.

They are wider than 997 imo

I have the same issue, left is bigger. I always buy shoes to fit my left foot and make the right one fit if need be. I'lI either add another insole, double sock or use a sneaker shield, it just depends on where the extra space of that particular shoe is. If I don't and the right shoe is too loose it ends up uncomfortable for me. Different sized feet problems.

Also regarding 998's, for me they fit a half size bigger than 997's.

If anyone is interested barneys.com has a sale ona couple good new balances. Size 12 in the premier 998 for $129 and a couple sizes in sneaker politics for $99 bucks. Also a full size run in the grey 998 for $99 bucks

Hoping that Black Friday brings a sizable discount to the recently released 997DSLR ***fingers crossed***

wish the volt was like a muted red or something, anything but volt

Back
Top Bottom