Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Originally Posted by Kip2MyLou  

Anybody having any luck with the OS Life Salmon Sole release? 

Their Twitter says the missed the release so will now release them tomorrow night at 8pm.
I cant believe OS Life is that big... do a lot of people know and order from this site? The only reason I ask is I know this dude and didnt think he reached nation wide. I SEE YOU OUT HERE!!!!!!!
Michigan stand up!

I think dude kinda blew up quickly over the past month or so.  Kicksdeals mentioned the site a lot recently with all these NB collabs and its snowballed since.  

definitely helps. i'm more convinced now that our feet our essentially the same size and shape.
my preference when it comes to casual shoes, is that they should skew more on the looser side (but not too loose). i like havin' some wiggle room. whereas shoes that are on the tighter side, make me not want to ever wear them again, which kinda defeats the purposes of gettin' shoes to rock in the first place right.
so i think size 8.5 would be the way to go for me in 1300. now to decide if i want to pay reseller prices on the salmon soles, or just go with the grapes for $150...decisions...decisions...
I personally love the Salmon Soles, and not just because RF has his name behind them. I'm a sucker a blue shoe, any shade.

And my foot is extremely weird I've noticed. I wear 8.5 in Nike, which I think is my true size. But in Kobe/Lebron/KD I wear a 9, and even that is snug. Definitely not a lot of wiggle room. It's the perfect room if I was planning to ball in them, but not the perfect room for casual wear if that makes sense. So my foot must be really wide, so it's hard for me to listen to other people when they give sizing advice because I can guarantee that it won't apply to me. Good example is the most recent Reebok Question release. Everybody was saying they fit half size big, so I ordered a size 8. Needless to say they were ungodly tight. So I had to get them in a 9, and they fit perfectly. So I went from being told to order half size down to ending up getting half size up then my true size.

And that's my dilemma with the Ronnie Fieg Total Eclipses. People are saying they fit narrow, and these people probably have normal, narrow feet. So if they are saying they fit narrow, then I know for a fact that the Eclipses will be very narrow on me if I get my true size, 8.5. So I've decided to try and hunt out a size 9.

Last edited:
hmmm...while the asics may fit you better width-wise in a size 9...i think you may end up having too much space in front of your toes...so the toebox area may crease oddly...

i gotta say, nb's are way more comfortable than asics...saucony's are even more comfortable than asics...

You're probably right. I'm just hoping they fit like the Lebron/KD/Kobes, because those in a size 9 fit me pretty well.

i gotta say, nb's are way more comfortable than asics...saucony's are even more comfortable than asics...
Personal preference I guess. Because personally I find my Gel Lyte IIIs more comfortable than any of my NBs.

Last edited:
Definitely passing on the black pigeons now that I found one of my nb grails (2010 Burn Rubber 580) in my size for a fair price. I will post pics when they come in next week :smokin

Anyone know what time the size? x Staple Design x New Balance 577 ‘Black Pigeon’ will be available for purchase through the online store tomorrow?

Definitely passing on the black pigeons now that I found one of my nb grails (2010 Burn Rubber 580) in my size for a fair price. I will post pics when they come in next week
smokin.gif
nice! gotta try and find a pair for myself

Yea Ive been searching for a long while on those burn rubbers but finally my size popped up and I talked the seller on price a bit. Had to do it since idk when the next time i would see them up again.

I received my Salmon Soles today, and they fit. I was beyond happy. Haha. No sitting in front of the computer for the restock tonight. And it's good to know I can wear 8 and 8.5 in 1300s, just in case I can't get one or the other. 

Now on to the Eclipses... 

And that Pigeon price is definitely high. At least Ronnie Fieg keeps his stuff around retail on release date.

Last edited:
$230? Are they Nike Plus Enabled?

Crazy

Just saw the raffle for the BP's by buying a $40 t-shirt

But then you can't specify in-store pickup on the t-shirt and 10 bucks is the cheapest shipping option

crazy...

Last edited:
Dumb question, but are you guy's Salmon Sole laces longer than usual? I'm probably just nitpicking here, but they seem very long on my pair. 

Dumb question, but are you guy's Salmon Sole laces longer than usual? I'm probably just nitpicking here, but they seem very long on my pair. 
Laces on both of my 1300s are really long. They are just made that way, its kind of annoying when they flop around everywhere.

My Salmon Sole laces are ridiculous. But I just found out that New Balance is having a free shipping + 10% off sale. So I went ahead a bought a pair of the navy laces from their site in 45 inch. They ones that came with the Salmon Soles are around 54 inches. So I'll be happy with the shorter laces.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom