Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

My toes are touching the end of the toe box, but they aren't squished. But I do have a wide foot, and my outside toes on both feet do feel a bit squished sometimes when I walk. It's not painful, just noticeable. That's why I ordered my Salmon Soles in my TTS 8.5. I'm hoping they aren't too big but give me that little extra room for my outer toes.

I see thanks again man! Hope the sizing works out for you. I'll keep checking back to see how they fit haha

No problem and thanks. I think they will be fine. There will be a little more room than what I'm normally used to, but I might end up liking that more. They will be here on Friday, so I'll make sure to post an update that day.

@ChildsPlay I wear a 9 in roshes, but 8.5 in 1300s. there's still a little room in the toe area. a 9 in the 1300s gave me too much space, i would say at least 1/2 inch of wiggle room.

Just got my NB Custom 574's in...these things are 
nthat.gif
...they are a very light blue/baby blue suede with green and blue accents.

Might be first of many after how nice these came out. Very impressed. Here are some pics. 

Originally Posted by Kip2MyLou /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anybody having any luck with the OS Life Salmon Sole release? 

Their Twitter says the missed the release so will now release them tomorrow night at 8pm.

I cant believe OS Life is that big... do a lot of people know and order from this site? The only reason I ask is I know this dude and didnt think he reached nation wide. I SEE YOU OUT HERE!!!!!!!

I've never heard of them but at this point if anybody has a size 8 Salmon Soles they can have my money. Ha. 

I copped a pair of SBs from OS Life for crazy cheap through a KicksDeals sale. Only business I've done through them, but it went smoothly. If the prices weren't all ridiculous I'd purchase from them more often.

I've never heard of them but at this point if anybody has a size 8 Salmon Soles they can have my money. Ha. 

my turn to ask you your take on sizing, haha. so is it safe to assume that your 1300 steel blues are a size 8? if so, are they quite snug? or is there still a lil' bit of wiggle room in the toe box area?

i don't have any 1300 models, but i'm a 8.5 in 574, 576, 577, and 999. size 8 in 1500 and mt580.

My 1300s are a size 8, and they fit like a glove. No wiggle room at all. I currently have a size 8.5 Salmon Soles coming tomorrow; I couldn't find a 8 so I bought 8.5. I know people are saying they fit half big, which is true, but I have pretty wide foot so they might fit me comfortably; not too tight, not too snug.

If my 8.5 Salmon Soles don't fit right tomorrow, I'm going after the size 8 on the OS Life restock. But I'm really hoping the 8.5 isn't that much bigger than my size 8 Steel Blue 1300 so I don't have to go through the hassle of trying to sell my 8.5 and purchasing the size 8. 

I hope that helped. Ha. 

Last edited:
My 1300s are a size 8, and they fit like a glove. No wiggle room at all. I currently have a size 8.5 Salmon Soles coming tomorrow; I couldn't find a 8 so I bought 8.5. I know people are saying they fit half big, which is true, but I have pretty wide foot so they might fit me comfortably; not too tight, not too snug.

If my 8.5 Salmon Soles don't fit right tomorrow, I'm going after the size 8 on the OS Life restock. But I'm really hoping the 8.5 isn't that much bigger than my size 8 Steel Blue 1300 so I don't have to go through the hassle of trying to sell my 8.5 and purchasing the size 8. 

I hope that helped. Ha. 
I'm an 8 in pretty much all NBs, and the morning of the Salmon Sole release I apparently forgot that and went with my TTS 8.5. There's a good amount of wiggle room, and I had to tie them all the way up through the eyelets, but they're still comfortable and wearable. I guess I'm a perfect 8.25 when it comes to most NBs.

Last edited:
definitely helps. i'm more convinced now that our feet our essentially the same size and shape.

my preference when it comes to casual shoes, is that they should skew more on the looser side (but not too loose). i like havin' some wiggle room. whereas shoes that are on the tighter side, make me not want to ever wear them again, which kinda defeats the purposes of gettin' shoes to rock in the first place right.

so i think size 8.5 would be the way to go for me in 1300. now to decide if i want to pay reseller prices on the salmon soles, or just go with the grapes for $150...decisions...decisions...

Back
Top Bottom