Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently live in Toronto, I wasn't born here. Still root for them though, why wouldn't I want to see them succeed?
I grew up cheering for MJ and the Bulls.
I'm asian, why wouldn't I cheer for Jeremy Lin?
Funny how being a Dodgers/Angels/Raiders/Chargers fan since birth doesn't apply....
Yankees have only won twice since 92? oh
1996 • 1998 1999 • 2000 • 2009

I really only remember the one in 2000 to be honest. But nope. My uncle was a Lakers guy, so obviously from childhood I was too. We only watched the Nba. In school my homies were yankees fans, this was like 06. so they hadn't won in 6 years. I gained alot of respect for baseball in highschool when I realized how hard it was :lol:. Before that I didnt really care for it.
Eagles aren't good, but I was a Donovan Mcnabb fan.
But by your logic I can only vote for my own state right?
UCLA cuz it's just an amazing school. My wife to be (fiance) goes there, and I went there once during childhood, it was just a dope experience.

I got reasons for why I root for the teams I do, as do you.

Last edited:
Goddamn this thread is getting more childish every time I visit. Can we at least stick to basketball discussion instead of 'I live in a better place than you?'

So I can't say what's right b/c i got 10 post count? I joined in 2005 just like you, had more post counts (still not much though.. a lil more than 1000) but lost them during the transition from yuku, and still in the process to retrieve the lost info.

If you wanna talk about other things make a thread on your own and stay on topic there. This thread clearly says NBA off-season thread on the title and pointing fingers at each other's city and say that city sucks and whatnot isn't exactly staying on topic.

This Essential and quik feud this last page is:

:lol:

Last edited:
So I can't say what's right b/c i got 10 post count? I joined in 2005 just like you, had more post counts (still not much though.. a lil more than 1000) but lost them during the transition from yuku, and still in the process to retrieve the lost info.
If you wanna talk about other things make a thread on your own and stay on topic there. This thread clearly says NBA off-season thread on the title and pointing fingers at each other's city and say that city sucks and whatnot isn't exactly staying on topic.

:lol:... if you clearly have been around these parts, season, off season, official or whatever... always seems to have a couple people that derail the thread for a little bit then it goes back to what it was... it always happens from people talking about school, work, and life, or us talking about how CP is mad old, lives in the sticks, uses 56k, and still uses AOL 2.0 disk.. but thats what usually sets people from different forums apart from jordan, music and S&T...

NBA fans ROASTED Lebron for joining the Heat with Wade and Bosh.
But since Dwight went to Lakers with Nash, Kobe, Gasol, it's all good.

He joined in self defense. Bron wanted an easy path for years. Forced other stars to join up or waste their prime

Honestly what Dwight as done doesn't compare in all to what lebron did, fine he had the "decision" but he also raised what? 2 milli for the the boys and girls club? He didn't play games, say trade me / don't trade me, this or that, he stood quiet, made his announcement and kept it moving, Dwight had all this drama, this feud with his coach / GM / organization and couldn't attend his own basketball camp? The Cavs could've kept lebron had they made the effort to put talent around him, rather than crap, Remember when they had chances to trade for Bosh? Said no because they had JJ hickson :lol: Dwight and lebrons situation don't compare at all.

You know why people/the media aren't constantly still talking about Dwight and how he left the Magic? BECAUSE THEY'RE HAPPY IT'S OVER. Now stop talking about it.

Oh yeah. Lebron did it all for the children lol

Never said he did it for the children, but he used the situation at hand to raise money for them. He didn't force other players to join him :lol: it's ok though because in sure if lebron ever becomes a laker all is forgiven :lol:

Lebron teamed up and left the place he was born and raised, thats why.
If he got traded it would have still been a big deal but not as bad

bron was born and raised in cleveland? :nerd:

anyway, leron didnt owe cleveland ****. dwight, on the other hand, got his coach and gm fired, lied multiple times on national tv, and put his franchise in a hole.

brons decision was much, much worse

Is your last statement sarcasm? If not, it doesn't sum up what you say. It's actually the opposite. If LeBron didn't owe Cleveland and Dwight screwed the whole organization, why "brons decision was much, much worse".....I'm lost

7/4
Raptors hurt my soul. I don't know why players don't want to play here. Vince Carter and Chris Bosh were able to make names for themselves here. We're like the 4th biggest city in North America.

This is a real thought? You could be the biggest city in North America, but you would still be in Canada. Not a lot of stars want to play in Canada and by not a lot, I mean none. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I would rather play in toronto than about half of the other teams. Its a huge diverse city

I dunno bout the tax situation tho

7/4
Raptors hurt my soul. I don't know why players don't want to play here. Vince Carter and Chris Bosh were able to make names for themselves here. We're like the 4th biggest city in North America.

This is a real thought? You could be the biggest city in North America, but you would still be in Canada. Not a lot of stars want to play in Canada and by not a lot, I mean none. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I read this like 15 times, and each time it said "the ****** of bad news"

I'm not racist I swear

Honestly what Dwight as done doesn't compare in all to what lebron did, fine he had the "decision" but he also raised what? 2 milli for the the boys and girls club? He didn't play games, say trade me / don't trade me, this or that, he stood quiet, made his announcement and kept it moving, Dwight had all this drama, this feud with his coach / GM / organization and couldn't attend his own basketball camp? The Cavs could've kept lebron had they made the effort to put talent around him, rather than crap, Remember when they had chances to trade for Bosh? Said no because they had JJ hickson :lol: Dwight and lebrons situation don't compare at all.

You're right their situations are different but the rest of your post is absurd. What does raising money have to do with anything? He could've donated that out of his pocket. And the decision in itself was a big game. Having a live show that had people waiting around/guessing who you were gonna sign with. What the hell is that? And if you think the Cavs had a snowball's chance in hell to keep LeBron you're delusional.

7/4

I read this like 15 times, and each time it said "the ****** of bad news"

I'm not racist I swear

Huh.....doesn't point to racism to me. You either can't see or can't read.

You're right their situations are different but the rest of your post is absurd. What does raising money have to do with anything? He could've donated that out of his pocket. And the decision in itself was a big game. Having a live show that had people waiting around/guessing who you were gonna sign with. What the hell is that? And if you think the Cavs had a snowball's chance in hell to keep LeBron you're delusional.

Had the Cavs given him a competitive team, yes I think he would've stayed, why wouldn't he? born and raised in Ohio, dude was a god in his state and did no wrong, everyone loved lebron. Bring a chip home? Of course he would've stayed, but the Cavs played games, gave him **** "talent" and expected for him to do it on his own, everyone needs help, no single player can win it on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom