Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
1-5. And LeBron is 16-3 without Wade. So, like I'm saying..LeBron piles up W's in the regular season regardless.

LeBron would win 45ish with Charlotte IMO.

1-5. And LeBron is 16-3 without Wade. So, like I'm saying..LeBron piles up W's in the regular season regardless.

LeBron would win 45ish with Charlotte IMO.

right, so since the went 1-5 in Miami without Lebron, does that mean he has no help and the team there sucks too?

oh, so lebron did everything on the court? he played all 5 positions? SMH
If your team is best in the league record wise, two years in a row. your team doesnt suck.

Well...let's not act like he hasn't, even today :lol:

Some of you guys are making yourselves look like clowns

Bron was the reason that team had the best record point blank

where there some ok guys on the squad? yes but if your 2 best players after Bron are Larry Hughes and Big Z that dont scream title contention

dudes will say anything to try and discredit LeBron

Last edited:
put Lebron on the Cats (
laugh.gif
) right now and they'll a 50+ win team

People get delusional with the whole 'help' thing b/c right now Miami got 2 other all-stars and Cavs didn't have any (Mo Will shouldn't count) when Lebron was there. But it's stupid to say Cleveland didn't have ANY help. Big Z, Gooden, Mo Will, Gibson, Varejao are all competent NBA players. Yes they would be nowhere near 60+ wins w/o Lebron but that was not a bad supporting cast. No matter how good Lebron is, he can't take his team to 60+ wins for 2~3yrs in a row without some help.

I would be interested in seeing the Heat record without Lebron
Was just thinking about this, I dont think they would win many games over an extended amount of time...

And compared to the stacked teams now, yea those cavs teams were not very exciting on paper. But they were still a very good team, especially when compared to their competition (none of the teams were really stacked back then, rosters were more balanced). They couldve added a few more pieces but I think he planned on leaving all along, even if the landed an Amare or someone like that.

Some of guys are making youselves look like clowns

Bron was the reason that team had the best record point blank

where there some ok guys on the squad? yes but if your 2 best players after Bron are Larry Hughes and Big Z that dont scream title contention

dudes will say anything to try and discredit LeBron

Who said anything about title contenders? They were simply a very good team in 2007. And Larry Hughes, Gooden and Z were very good players in their primes. Was Bron the best player by a large margin? Yes, obviously, but he didnt do it on his own

Was just thinking about this, I dont think they would win many games over an extended amount of time...
And compared to the stacked teams now, yea those cavs teams were not very exciting on paper. But they were still a very good team, especially when compared to their competition (none of the teams were really stacked back then, rosters were more balanced). They couldve added a few more pieces but I think he planned on leaving all along, even if the landed an Amare or someone like that.

I think Lebron planned on leaving around the time when he signed that first big contract which didn't go for the maximum possible yr. The stated reason back then was to sign a new contract to coincide with some kinda new rule change ( can't remember the detail) but rumors began surfacing the moment he didn't sign up for the maximum contract possible. I think Carmelo was the only one who signed max contract from the class of 2003, and Lebron, Bosh, and Wade all signed same kind of contract. Then come the last yr of the contract, and voila they all join Heat. I strongly believe they had that **** planned for a quite some time.

Last edited:
right, so since the went 1-5 in Miami without Lebron, does that mean he has no help and the team there sucks too?

Bosh and Wade are 5x better than any player on those Cavs teams, clearly. But It also points to his responsibilities as a basketball player and his teams struggle to function without him on both ends of the floor. We see this when he has to take his breathers in the 2nd and 4th quarters, don't we? (Yes we do.) He was the only player on the Heat with a negative off court rating, it was the same case in Cleveland, just more drastic.

Bosh and Wade are 5x better than any player on those Cavs teams, clearly. But It also points to his responsibilities as a basketball player and his teams struggle to function without him on both ends of the floor. We see this when he has to take his breathers in the 2nd and 4th quarters, don't we? (Yes we do.) He was the only player on the Heat with a negative off court rating, it was the same case in Cleveland, just more drastic.

I just dont get how this equates to him having no help. Yes Wade and Bosh are great players, but it basically sounds like people are saying they suck simply because they werent an assembly of superstars. Every player on that roster contributed. Hell, before this past season, they were both tied in postseason success

LeBron shouldn't have left Cleveland plain and simple. People are alway gona put an asterik next to his championships because he teamed up wit' Dwyane & Bosh. Cleveland was his team 100%. However, now that I think about it.. LeBron is more of a Magic Johnson/Larry Bird type that is an assist man and loves making his teammates better, so he can do that in Miami because they have another superstar and star player that can score at will. In Cleveland he had to assume the Kobe/Michael role that he doesn't like the be in. That killer/dominant role.

People aren't gonna put an asterisk on anything.

It's people who are not fans of him.

Hell I'm not a fan of Kobe, but you dont see me putting asterisks next to his name bc he couldn't win it without shaq or other all-stars.

I think most people hate Lebron, bc he chose his own path. People don't like to see young black men control their destiny

Regular season dominance is much different than the playoffs. Great team defense and Lebron will beat most teams during the season.

They were a solid supporting cast, but people forget that NBA championship teams need a superstar and a 2nd allstar level player. Lebrons Cavs would have been the rare exception.

People aren't gonna put an asterisk on anything.
It's people who are not fans of him.
Hell I'm not a fan of Kobe, but you dont see me putting asterisks next to his name bc he couldn't win it without shaq or other all-stars.
I think most people hate Lebron, bc he chose his own path. People don't like to see young black men control their destiny

Theres a huge difference between being on a team as a rookie and having stars come to your team, than fail to win time after time with your own team, and then bolt to join other stars.

Im not saying that people should put an asterisk by Lebrons title, just merely pointing out that your example is not even close to the same thing.

Lebron ABSOLUTELY should have left CLE. He gave Dan Gilbert the chance to put a quality team around him. Tractor Traylor? Past his prime Shaq? Larry Hughes? Delonte West? A guy nicknamed 'Boobie'? Past his prime Big Ben? The BEST two players Dan gave Bron are now bench players in LA (Jamison & Mo).

Lebron wanted to be part of a winning organization with a winning attitude and a professional approach to... winning. I hate the way he left (The Decision), and I miss beast mode Cleveland Lebron, but I absolutely applaud him for leaving. And if he continues to play the way he did in the ECF and Finals and Olympics, then beast mode Cleveland Lebron has transformed into beast mode Miami Lebron.

Last edited:
I'm not hating but remember there was a lockout well see if he can do it again in a 82 gm season much longer n gruesome

I think the lockout season was much more gruesome than an 82 game season would give you.

Those back to backs last season :x

I think the lockout season was much more gruesome than an 82 game season would give you.

Those back to backs last season :x

This.

You know what it is to play a game. Jump on a plane, land on the other side of the country , practice, play another game :x

[quote name="FlyerThanDelta"]I'm not hating but remember there was a lockout well see if he can do it again in a 82 gm season much longer n gruesome[/quote] I hate when people use this line of reasoning.

For example, because of a certain Spurs fan on NT, I hate to give the Spurs credit for anything , but I am not going to knock their 1999 championship just because it was a shortened season. it was a shortened season for everybody, not just the Spurs. It's not like my Lakers had to play a full season while the Spurs enjoyed a shortened season; same holds true with the Heat and everyone else last season.

With everyone playing the same number games, the Heat arose as champions.

And I have yet to meet someone who would say "No, I'm not claiming that championship. Doesn't count because it was a shortened season" if their team had won the championship.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom