Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
No point in discussing why the media is shush on D12 being a crybaby. WE all know why the media isn't making this a big deal. THEY (points to Laker fans) don't see it and are in post-fap bliss. Just let them be happy :lol:

Last edited:
 TON of cap space for the Magic.

Really? What exactly changed? Orlando was set up for similar cap space for the summers of 2013 and 2014 even if the team did absolutely nothing. You can't seriously be talking about cap space for this upcoming season?

Arron Afflalo is owed ~32M over the next 4 years. 

Also,
New Orleans received Eric Gordon in the CP3 deal. 
Sonics (I believe you are referencing the Ray Allen trade) received the #5 pick in the draft.

The Magic had the best asset of the 3 and the smallest impetus at the time of the deal (close to the start of a new season, draft day, and August, respectively). I'm just going to quote myself:

Only irrationality explains this debacle. Believe that.

Other GMs don't like Morey and his cult of dorkdom.

Orlando actually believed a word said by Dwight Howard, particularly any threat.

Power grab by the owner.

Agent machinations.

Sheer incompetence.

Aliens.

Choose as many as you want.
I don't know how he's even trying to make a case for what the magic received in this trade :lol:

Lebron teamed up and left the place he was born and raised, thats why.
If he got traded it would have still been a big deal but not as bad

bron was born and raised in cleveland? :nerd:

anyway, leron didnt owe cleveland ****. dwight, on the other hand, got his coach and gm fired, lied multiple times on national tv, and put his franchise in a hole.

brons decision was much, much worse

Agreed.
pimp.gif

Lebron teamed up and left the place he was born and raised, thats why.
If he got traded it would have still been a big deal but not as bad

bron was born and raised in cleveland? :nerd:

anyway, leron didnt owe cleveland ****. dwight, on the other hand, got his coach and gm fired, lied multiple times on national tv, and put his franchise in a hole.

clearly said place.

Ohio. born and raised...

Dwight is a coward so i could care less about him or what the media says about him.

Lebron is always gonna get all the attention whether its good or bad. its LEBRON! as known as Dwight is he cant compare. the only other player would be Kobe but even then Lebron stuff sticks for weeks and months :lol:

Dwight signed the extension
got SVG fired,
Otis fired,
still left.
Left the Magic in shambles
Y'all act like Dwight had zero control over who he got traded to.
He just pulled the I will only resign with one team card.
Didn't attend his own damn youth camp

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo..... Did the Magic have to trade him to the team he wanted to go to? There is no other Answer than No.

Most of these GM's and Owners are all the same... They say wellll he doesn't want to play here.. Guess that is that...

Remember everyone said :rofl: He doesn't even want to play with LA, why would they trade for him... You know what Lakers did... Oh ok, *trade for him anyway*

Maybe that's your answer as to why the Lakers make a killing off other teams.. They constantly play high stakes... I applaud Thorn of the Sixers for actually breaking the mold for once.

Maybe if you read what has been said about Dwight since March, you would see he's gotten his fair share... He got traded, most people are tired of it already..

Magic could have traded him anywhere, they chose LA because LA was the only team that could help create as close to the package they wanted. Not what you wanted, or the media wanted, or what you thought was a good move, or what I thought was a good move... WHAT THEY WANTED

So while you're whinning and complaining because the Lakers did something right again, maybe you should realize the position you are taking involves far more players than just Dwight..

And SVG coming out and saying it was the FO, not Dwight. Goes a long way because he has much more incentive career-wise to keep his mouth shut, or defend a FO than he does protecting Dwight. The guy who "Got him fired"

Last edited:
quik is mad....

6/24

"I dont' see it happening, but I thought about it, and it make sense. Jose Calderon to the Lakers Andrew Bynum to the Suns Steve Nash to the Raptors"

"Jose + #8 draft pick? It's not something I WANT to happen, it just made sense to all parties to me. Jose play with Pau, Lakers get a real point guard and possible new young talent from draft Raptors get Canadian..."

"Y'all don't read, I never meant Calderon straight up, of course money or draft picks would have to be involved. Kobe was drafted with the 13th pick, y'all wouldn't want the 8th pick? Kobe ain't getting any younger."

He was so hyped that the Raptors may get Nash.. So he figured out a way that "makes sense" not only did Lakers take Nash.. We used Bynum to get Dwight.

7/4
Raptors hurt my soul. I don't know why players don't want to play here. Vince Carter and Chris Bosh were able to make names for themselves here. We're like the 4th biggest city in North America.

7/4
I can't believe Lakers basically got Nash for free. Suns front office are some dummies.

Yet trading Bynum for Jose Calderon & #8 pick was a good idea. Also we traded 2- 1sts, 2- 2nds.

7/4
His response to Nash going to LA... "I'm furious" (post 3133 of the thread)

AND MY FAVORITE POST 5/21 in the Lakers Thread

Lakers gonna gut the team for Dwight

It's okay Bro.. You hate Kobe, You hate the Lakers.. We stole your Canadian for "free"... You were cool with Miami getting Ray Allen.. But then complain about Lakers turning 6 picks + Andrew Bynum into Steve Nash & Dwight Howard.

Last edited:
I don't try to hide my disdain for the Lakers or Kobe.

Look at my sig bruh

I'm Canadian, I live in Toronto, I'm not gonna have something to say about the Raptors?

When the Lakers lose to OKC in the playoffs this year

I will have this waiting for you

your-tears-are-delicious.jpg

Last edited:
I don't try to hide my disdain for the Lakers or Kobe.
Look at my sig bruh
I'm Canadian, I live in Toronto, I'm not gonna have something to say about the Raptors?
When the Lakers lose to OKC in the playoffs this year
I will have this waiting for you
your-tears-are-delicious.jpg

I don't see a sig.

Toronto fan eh quik?
You have Jeremy Lin (who hit a game winner on the sorry raptors) on Chris Childs body punching Kobe.
I find that hilarious :rofl: :rofl:

Anyway.
ESSENTIAL1, the Kobe meat jockey from Albany NY is no better than I.

Go ahead an talk about Albany all you want..

To quote you again:
"Raptors hurt my soul. I don't know why players don't want to play here. Vince Carter and Chris Bosh were able to make names for themselves here. We're like the 4th biggest city in North America."

Last edited:
^you root for the Yankees and Lakers sit yo *** down

Nah you sit yo *** down.

I'm twenty, since I've been alive Yankees have won like twice.
Arod and jeter are my favorite players.
Barely became a fan of baseball my freshman year in high school which was 6 years ago so I'm not seeing the problem in being a Yankees fan.
And I'm from Cali love the lakers, ive been a fan since birth.

Last edited:
I currently live in Toronto, I wasn't born here. Still root for them though, why wouldn't I want to see them succeed?

I grew up cheering for MJ and the Bulls.

I'm asian, why wouldn't I cheer for Jeremy Lin?

Funny how being a Dodgers/Angels/Raiders/Chargers fan since birth doesn't apply....

Yankees have only won twice since 92? oh
1996 • 1998 1999 • 2000 • 2009

Last edited:
I currently live in Toronto, I wasn't born here. Still root for them though, why wouldn't I want to see them succeed?

Nope, you can't bring up where I'm living.. Then still complaining like Will in the Daddy episode "How come he don't want me man" about people not wanting to go to Toronto..

Albany NY The population of the city was 97,856 at the time of the 2010 census. :lol:

Where's your city's team breh?

:lol:

Last edited:
Albany NY The population of the city was 97,856 at the time of the 2010 census. :lol:
Where's your city's team breh?
:lol:

Yes because that will make me lose sleep at night...... You were the one who brought up Albany as if me living in Albany makes a difference.

Yet you live in a metropolitan city with a population of over 2 million.. A baseball team, a hockey team, a basketball team.. Yet you waste your time on Niketalk complaining about a different city, and another one you deem insignificant, all while crying why no one wants to play in Toronto...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom