Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what people don't understand, I'm tired of hearing the OKC "route" analogy thrown around, they got lucky combined wig their scouting that they hit on all those picks, because if you go back to that Draft with durant / oden guess what? 99/100 times Seattle is taking oden if they have the first overall pick. They lucked out durant fell in their laps :lol:
What people don't understand is why you called the Lakers lucky instead of the Thunder. :nerd:
Don't jump ship now. :lol:

Last edited:
If we remove Lopez from the equation, they would've gotten 4 picks, maybe 1 or 2 turned into lottery picks (depending if they got the cavs / another team in the deal) and humps becomes a trade chip after this season because he's 12 Millie coming off the books, maybe that nets you another 1st rounder / young player, fine they don't move J-Rich, but affalos contract is longer and just as bad as J-Richs.

They couldn't take Lopez out of the deal and Orlando didn't want him in the 1st place.

Cavs were only interested in a 3 team trade if they got Bynum in the deal.

That's what people don't understand, I'm tired of hearing the OKC "route" analogy thrown around, they got lucky combined wig their scouting that they hit on all those picks, because if you go back to that Draft with durant / oden guess what? 99/100 times Seattle is taking oden if they have the first overall pick. They lucked out durant fell in their laps :lol:
What people don't understand is why you called the Lakers lucky instead of the Thunder. :nerd:
Don't jump ship now. :lol:

Lakers are lucky that every GM that makes trades with them are just dumb, Thunder are lucky in the sense they hit on every draft pick, how often that happens? A ping ping ball bounce that way and we might not being see this OKC team. Did I explain myself better :nerd:

If we remove Lopez from the equation, they would've gotten 4 picks, maybe 1 or 2 turned into lottery picks (depending if they got the cavs / another team in the deal) and humps becomes a trade chip after this season because he's 12 Millie coming off the books, maybe that nets you another 1st rounder / young player, fine they don't move J-Rich, but affalos contract is longer and just as bad as J-Richs.

They couldn't take Lopez out of the deal and Orlando didn't want him in the 1st place.

Cavs were only interested in a 3 team trade if they got Bynum in the deal.

I meant remove him from the conversation and compare the other assets that were rumored to be included.

Rod Thorn: “It’s interesting in that we’ve been talking to the Lakers and to Orlando for the last three weeks. We’ve been talking about different deals, various deals, and it never got out. In today’s world that’s something of itself. And then it really came down to, Orlando — they did not want to keep Iguodala because they’re going in a different way. And they wanted to move him, and so they talked to a few teams and they ended up making the deal with Denver to move his contract, and that ended up making the deal. It took a while to do it but it ended up getting done.”

So they passed on Iggy, too.

Also, the reason why they wanted to move J-Rich so badly - even for Afflalo, who has a similar contract - is that, apparently, they wanted to purge the team of Dan Fegan-represented players (the agent who represents Dwight).

Lakers are lucky that every GM that makes trades with them are just dumb, Thunder are lucky in the sense they hit on every draft pick, how often that happens? A ping ping ball bounce that way and we might not being see this OKC team. Did I explain myself better :nerd:

Yeah and Spurs are "lucky" cuz they draft second rounders like ginoboli right? :rofl:

It's not "luck" its good scouting and being good at what you do.

Yeah and Spurs are "lucky" cuz they draft second rounders like ginoboli right? :rofl:

It's not "luck" its good scouting and being good at what you do.

And the "can't miss" prospect that miss? What's that? Scouting only takes you do far >D it's better to be lucky than good >D

So they passed on Iggy, too.
Also, the reason why they wanted to move J-Rich so badly - even for Afflalo, who has a similar contract - is that, apparently, they wanted to purge the team of Dan Fegan-represented players (the agent who represents Dwight).
if this is true, the magic are even dumber than i already thought they were..

what the hell is richardson's agent going to do to them now?!

they only have to keep richardson until his contract expires.. hell, if they dislike his agent THAT MUCH they could hang up the phone every time dude calls OR they could look at the caller ID and just ignore the call

I doubt it's true.

I hope the power of agents is overstated. Because it doesn't seem rational to me. Why be scared? 90 percent of stars end up going to big markets even if you do the agents favors. Why be worried? What help do they really give you?

MMG's whole Brook is the 3rd best center in the league reminds me of JA's Beaubois is the 2nd best shot blocking guard in the league talk.
At least him and solarius aren't trying to convince people that Lopez is the 2ND best center, above Bynum. That was only a month ago.
laugh.gif

Lakers are lucky that every GM that makes trades with them are just dumb

Bruh, either you don't get it or are too clouded by your feelings of that team/fans.

Last edited:
Seriously the magic trade is Legit one of the worst trades ive ever saw in sports. Even if Bynum doesnt commit you hold on to the deadline and trade him for at the very least Good picks and an expiring..... Instead you have atleat 11-12 mil a year btwn affaulo & harrington on contracts that are damn near untradable

What the **** is goin on with this dude?

Every ******g team in the league is lucky apparently, cept the Magic. Actually, that may not be.......nevermind. :lol:

Mike hit it on the head, Al's deal is nothing, and Hedo will be gone within a year, hence, TON of cap space for the Magic. Which was their goal.

Bynum, Iggy, and Howard, they took Affalo and some picks. They got out from ANY financial burdens, such as Iggy, Drew, or Brook. They are starting from scratch basically. Same as OKC did, same as New Orleans just did. Same thing. Contracts gone, Dwight, J-Rich, Clark, Duhon. 4 contracts, gone. Affalo is there new Courtney Lee type dude, maybe they flip him later too, who knows? I'd certainly take the former LA kid. :nerd: :lol:

My only question is why they brought back Jameer, but whatever. That's the one that makes no sense to me at all.

i mean if houston was going to give up there whole team for D12 then ya the magic should of took that trade. adding bynum only leaves you in the same spot you are with D12 and guestions all year about if he stays or not. 

the nets offer is so overrated and crap.like many have said brook lopez on a max deal is so ******g bad and i thought humps wanted more then a 1 year deal IF he would do a sign and trade?

yall keep *****ing and crying about the draft picks the magic get back will be in the low 20's well whatever team dwight went to it would be the case. like the 4 draft picks from the nets would be any better.

adding iggy would do NOTHING for the magic they add a bad contract and a player they would have zero use for. it would make know sense at all for the magic to be bad with horrible contracts on your team thats the worse postion to be in for a sports team.

Yeah that Nelson signing was dumb, and I'm glad Houston didn't throw their team away... I like what they did in the draft.

As for next yr's draft crop, I saw that Cody Zeller and Shabazz are top 2 picks with Noel falling off a lil bit, like from top 3 to top 5~6 picks.

Next yr's draft crop is way worse compared to this yr's class though. I think Shabazz is the one with the most potential but we'll have to see how he does this yr at UCLA b/c in high school I though Perry Jones III was gonna be something too before he faltered in Baylor (hopefully he does well in OKC though).

I think Orlando is in a better situation to rebuild than other cities like Minnesota or Milwaukee because of their weather and city life etc. We've seen marquee FAs signing with Orlando in the past so it's not out of question that they get some good FAs in 2014. That doesn't mean they can screw up on draft though. From recent memories, only good draft pick they made was Dwight and Courtney Lee. Other draft picks that I can think of are Reece Gaines :x, Fran Vasquez (who despised Orlando so much that he didn't play one game in NBA after getting drafted), JJ Redick etc.

Lakers are lucky that every GM that makes trades with them are just dumb
, Thunder are lucky in the sense they hit on every draft pick, how often that happens? A ping ping ball bounce that way and we might not being see this OKC team. Did I explain myself better :nerd:

Pretty much...like someone on Twitter said, "the Lakers could probably trade Steve Blake and a 2 Chainz mixtape for Chris Paul." Mitch is just THAT dude!

Anyway, through all this hoopla, I'm shocked and I guess "not shocked" seeing as where he ended up, that Dwight isn't getting BASHED hard for his cry baby act this whole year. He's definitely getting a pass.

Jameer will be the only Magic player the fans actually like and he's a veteran. They overpaid but without him they have no point guard too.

Also the owner loves Nelson.

Jameer will be the only Magic player the fans actually like and he's a veteran. They overpaid but without him they have no point guard too.

that makes sense considering they wanted to rebuild / blow up the team and they gave him a 3 year deal

:smh: :smh: at that Big baby contract

that makes sense considering they wanted to rebuild / blow up the team and they gave him a 3 year deal

:smh: :smh: at that Big baby contract

I dont know much about his contract, but I love Big Baby as a player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom