Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
He averages 8 rebounds a game though? How can't he rebound and like stated, he isn't the great defender but he gets the job done.

He's really not a true a Center more of a PF...I would like to see him healthy in a 82gm season he's never healthy his numbers are decent but I can bring alot of centers that have better stats across the board as a True Center in the League top 5

Apologize its 18/8 and the reason he averaged 6 2 years ago cause of humps, jumps would do the dirty work and Lopez was on the elbow
So you're saying it was designed for him to get only 6 rebounds, like thats how the coaching staff wants it?? Man please...

What does do the dirty work even mean? He's the center, last line of defense and you can only grab 3.5 defensive rebounds and 1.5 blocks?

MMG....look at it this way...I am a New York Knicks fan.
My team was in an even better situation than the Lakers were a year and a half ago.
Back then there was only 1 team that Melo wanted to go to and that was the Knicks, but there were still teams trolling, in the hunt, to try and use his fear of the new lockout rules to bag themselves a superstar...with the Nets being the #1 perpetrator.
1. He didn't want to go to NJ.
2. We had the cap room to sign him outright in the off-season.
3. He had outright said that he only wanted to go to New York and didn't change his tone.
4. He flat out told Denver that he was not signing any extension or picking up any option.
Denver's leverage was...we have a superstar we wanna trade. But...no you don't want to trade him. And he only has 5 months left on his contract? And he won't resign with 29 of the 30 teams? And the one team he will sign with can just wait the 5 months and sign him? So there's only one real bidder? And you have no leverage, except that the deal has to be better than getting absolutely nothing?
And if you try to call his bluff and see if he would really walk, you have only to look at what LeBron did the summer before?
Great.
Now Orlando...talked Dwight into signing an extension, so they added another year to that 5 months of leverage? And he's said he's willing to go to 2 different teams? And neither of those teams can sign him in free agency? And one of those teams is so desperate, they'll sell their children for him? And outside of that, some teams are willing to trade big for him with no guarantee of an extension? That's a nice way to be.
So then NJ starts trolling the Melo trade/Rockets start trolling the D12 trade. And it sounds nice...cuz of course they have a better offer...but it doesn't really matter, the star doesn't want to go there. Then the home team's front office starts helping the trolling. Stirring up the media and trying to get someone to flinch.
What happens next is where the Lakers front office aren't lucky, but geniuses. Orlando used every damn trick in the book to try and get Pau and Bynum. They tried everything they could to get that Rockets, "why are you giving us all of this" deal. They leaked 50 times that it was done and Dwight was a _______. They kept pushing and pushing and every week, we thought alright...LA is in the sticks, they're completely out of it..He'll be a Net/Rocket this week, I guarantee it!
Denver did that too. Remember when Melo thought he got traded to NJ? Denver/NJ were relentless the same way Orlando/Houston/NJ were. They had a new thing leaked every 5 minutes and would call NY just to troll and hope stories leaked there too. They kept trolling and trolling and trolling. Now...we had our own Mitch...Donnie. But Donnie's new. Mitch has been there. He's got people's respect. James Dolan respects no one...except his 'friend' Isiah Thomas. They get shook, hijack negotiations and don't give Denver what they asked for...they give them everything that wasn't nailed down, when they had all the leverage...made just a little bit more painful when the world finds out that D-Will was floating around waiting for a home.
But the Lakers...with less leverage...weren't punks about it. They called their bluff. Then Brook Lopez gets re-signed. Then the Rockets get told what it is. Then silence. Then the Lakers get everything they wanted.
Any normal team, in that position, would've gave in to Orlando a month and a half ago. They had all that leverage of Houston, NJ and the stupid option Dwight picked up.
That's not luck.
The advantage is people want to go there, but it takes a lot more than that to not get raked over the coals time and again.
[br][br]
To this day that still gets me >: DWill could have been had for pennies compared to what we gave up for Melo. We then wait Denver out and as long as Melo doesn't blink about getting paid we prob end up with him too.

Healthy? He missed all of last season with a foot injury, before that in 3 seasons he never missed a game, try again.

No it wasn't designed for that :stoneface: Humps was playing in the paint, rebounding / putbacks wise and brooks was playing outside , it worked for them.

That's throne thing I will always agree on, the Knicks gave up way too much for Melo when he was going there anyways.

He's really not a true a Center more of a PF...I would like to see him healthy in a 82gm season he's never healthy his numbers are decent but I can bring alot of centers that have better stats across the board as a True Center in the League top 5

then again what is a true center? there are no more shaqs, ewings, mournings, olajuwons and robinsons.. if tim duncan would be a pf with robinson, then so would brook lopez.. he's not better than tim duncan...

maybe scored a little more than duncan last year, he had a 3.6 rpg as a center? really? is very sporadic at the free throw line 62.5%, not even one block per game, 0.8 and that is your so-called 3rd best center? please

Lebron James is a better center than the centers yall listed.

This day and age, it is hard to find true position players.

Hell... do u see how we get when NT discusses point guards?

No it wasn't designed for that
indifferent.gif
Humps was playing in the paint, rebounding / putbacks wise and brooks was playing outside , it worked for them.
laugh.gif
 24 wins...yea that worked out quite nicely for them.

I know you have to defend your teams and players, but face facts. Brook is not the 3rd best Center, he's in the group of 3rd tier Centers. Yes, he can score but he hasnt shown that he can do much else the last 2 seasons.

then again what is a true center? there are no more shaqs, ewings, mournings, olajuwons and robinsons.. if tim duncan would be a pf with robinson, then so would brook lopez.. he's not better than tim duncan...

maybe scored a little more than duncan last year, he had a 3.6 rpg as a center? really? is very sporadic at the free throw line 62.5%, not even one block per game, 0.8 and that is your so-called 3rd best center? please

He played 5 games last season, it's a wash before last season his 3 year career averages are PPG was 18 with RPG 7.5 80% FT and 1.5 BLK >D

indifferent.gif
Humps was playing in the paint, rebounding / putbacks wise and brooks was playing outside , it worked for them.
laugh.gif

I know you have to defend your teams and players, but face facts. Brook is not the 3rd best Center, he's in the group of 3rd tier Centers. Yes, he can score but he hasnt shown that he can do much else the last 2 seasons.

He played 5 games :stoneface:

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

He played 5 games
indifferent.gif
No that's actually from his last full season where he played all 82 games. The same season he scored 20ppg, but didnt do anything else to help his team win.

1.Dwight
2.Bynum

3. Hibbert/Bogut(When healthy)
4.Brook.

Hibbert and Bogut shot block. Also have a hook shot & jumper. they tied for third.

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

He played 5 games
indifferent.gif
No that's actually from his last full season where he played all 82 games. The same season he scored 20ppg, but didnt do anything else to help his team win.

20 / 6 while shooting 80% FT / 50% from the field ( not all dunks) and 1.5 blks? That's bad?

1.Dwight
2.Bynum

3. Hibbert/Bogut(When healthy)
4.Brook.

Hibbert and Bogut shot block. Also have a hook shot & jumper. they tied for third.

Hmmmm...

D12 > YOLO > brook / Hibbs :nerd: Hibbs cause he anchors defensively but gives on the offensive end

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

He played 5 games
indifferent.gif
20 / 6 while shooting 80% FT / 50% from the field ( not all dunks) and 1.5 blks? That's bad?
Please read that part again...I never said he was bad, just saying that he hasn't distingushed himself as the 3rd best center in he league. The only reason you're saying any of this is because he's on your favorite team. Stop it.

Last edited:
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

He played 5 games
indifferent.gif
Please read that part again...I never said he was bad, just saying that he hasn't distingushed himself as the 3rd best center in he league. The only reason you're saying any of this is because he's on your favorite team. Stop it.

Oh that's exactly why :rollseyes

One key reason the lakers GM keeps performing well is tbe hands off approach that the owner allows Mitch to work with. Do not get it twisted. If Dolan owned the lakers there is no way they keep Pau.

The job is very different when the owner isnt a slob breathing down your neck. Pushing you tl fall fr bluffs. Making your job depend on getting the big name no matter what the cost

Just look at how the magic owner and CEO got into the trade discussions

Thjs cant be underestimated enough

Best offensive center in the league is Lopez , he can pull the other teams center out the paint which allows the rest of his team to be disruptive inside, he has a mid range game and can pick and pop, he's a career 8 RPG and is only 24.
roll.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom