Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, no one is mad at the lakers for doing what they have to do, no one, i dont blame them one bit for fleecin the rest of the NBA., if it was my franchise, i would want them doing the same damm thing.

With that being said can you honestly sit there and tell me that Gasol trade wasnt luck? or whatever you want to call it? Kwame ******g brown, Crittenton and Mckie and a 2nd round pick in gasol (granted he turned into a very good player, but lets be serious, at that time it was who? ) Come on, the lakers lucked out / or got a favor :nerd: :lol:

Now the orlando magic, holding out for the "best trade possible" a bunch of 2nd and 3rd tiers and Afflalo who has a longer and worse contract than Jrich, they didnt even shed contracts properly.

really :lol: no luck?

im not mad at the lakers for doing what they have to do, im upset that majority of the rest of the league is run by idiots :lol:

Nicolas-Cage-Laugh.gif

tumblr_lyd1b2b31h1r1mwtb.gif

a67bf37cc3fd.gif

I'm a Celtics fan, by the way.

"Luck never happens twice."

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." (Jerry Rice)

It's absolutely luck for us fans, yes.

But for our actual team? Shrewd Lakers GM is shrewd; all there is to it.

Sorry Nets fans but the HORRIBLE decisions your front office made this off season especially giving Brook Lopez a MAX contract is going to hurt & haunt your team for years.
Seriously all the moves they made this off season really just made them the new Hawks of the past 2 years where they will be good enough to make it to the 2nd round but not go any deeper in the playoffs.

4 year deal for the 2nd/3rd best center in the League?

JJ whos no slouch?

Deron the best PG in the league?

Humps a double double machince

the worst decision this off season was Crash for 10 millie a year

sorry we arent the lakers and have the rest of the leagues GMs kids stashed in basements holding them up for these deals >D
:nerd: ... What can I say? ...

150529.jpg

This ***** can fly, he believes in his team. :lol:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
love this episode

I will never understand the sour grapes mentality fans have of successful franchises.
Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK  

I can't hate on an organization that is willing to use all of its available resources to win. Do they have certain advantages over most teams? Yes. It it "fair"? Probably not. But the people in power still hold that responsibility to meet their fans' expectations and live up to their team's tradition & history.
Y'all whining about the wrong things.
Luck, though.

Where was this magical luck when David Stern **** slapped them last year over CP3?

Just own up to your feelings, b.

Last edited:
That's a nice class for 2014... And guess what team has $51million in space that year.. And $33mil if a certain big man resigns
r89dv5.jpg

Rebuild :rofl:

:lol: seriously if that happens man even i gotta say that aint fair :lol:

good lord lebron a laker? that would be so ill

I can understand why some fans of other teams may feel sour, but u can't knock what Lakers have been doing though. They make good business decisions and always do smart things to keep their franchise competitive year in and year out.

Do they have some advantages due to various reasons? yes. However, I don't think that advantages are not huge enough that other teams can't even begin to compete with them. If I were to point fingers at somebody to blame LA's trade (which I am not) it would be stupid GMs (or owners) who agreed with Lakers for the trade. When Lakers got Pau for Marc and Kwame (and some other pieces but can't remember off the top of my head), I was more like "Damn another stupid move by Memphis" rather than "LA absolutely made a steal on Memphis!" And this Dwight trade feels pretty much same. Lakers kept tinkering and throwing different trade scenarios to Orlando, and they finally bit one (albeit the worst one I might add).

Imho, I think this year and maybe next yr's finals are pretty much set as Lakers vs. Heat. I just hope that in the meantime, Cavs can sign Bynum like many speculate and be competitive enough so when their time comes (again) they can compete for a deep playoff run and possibly more.

The lakers aren't lucky, they are fortunate.

how are they fortunate?

the front office is just smarter than any other front office. back in '96, jerry west said kobe was the best player in the workouts he has ever seen.. traded with the hornets for divac, and made the room for shaq..

the trade eddie jones for glen rice.

the trade Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton, Aaron McKie, the rights to Marc Gasol (Pau's younger brother), and 2008 and 2010 first round draft pick for gasol.

now, the trade for howard.. in a four way team deal

The Lakers also received Chris Duhon and Earl Clark; Magic received Josh McRoberts, Christian Eyenga, Maurice Harkless, Nikola Vucevic, Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, and draft picks; Philadelphia received Jason Richardson and Andrew Bynum; and Denver received Andre Iguodala.

So how does that make the lakers fortunate? it's just making better decisions.. how would you explain the magic ending up with afflalo and harrington and the lakers get dwight, the sixers get bynum and the nuggets get iguodala...

whos talking **** though
Nash couldnt guard in kid in a wheelchair
Kobe is a ball stopper
MWP is MWP
Pau Gasol is soft and disappears
D12 is D12, lets see how his back holds up and see how he fits in.
plus all these new pieces to the team have to mesh and see if the can actually play together.
you guys act like we should just give yall the chip and no one has a chance in the L.
Then when we bring up the fact that kobe has been lucky all his career yall wanna act like he hasn't? really?
Shaq went on his own to the lakers, fine
Gasol was traded for a copy of Magics HIV test.
yall got D12 for a foam finger.
No ones talking ****, we're bringing up valid points, but like i said earlier, god forbid anyone say something about the lakers, because automatically were 'haters' :lol:

Nash will be the exact same on D as D-fish was, so that's a wash, we've won chips with sorry defenders at pg.
Kobe only ball stops when nobody else is doing anything, or giving any effort, with guys like Nash, an inshape MWP, focused pau gasol, and best center in the league D12, he won't ever have to ball stop.
MWP has been working out, and he said he feels in the best shape of his life.
Gasol won't have to deal with any trade rumors, and will THRIVE WITH NASH. Nash made Gortat look like a damn all star, is gortat tougher then Pau? NOPE. Gasol will be rejuvenated, bank on that.
D12 won't rush it, and he'll be the dominate monster he's always been.
Nah, don't need to hand us ****, but best believe that we're coming for it. Best believe they'll be working hard for it and EARN it.

:lol: lucky? This dude is the hardest working dude in the league, the hardest working player since the GOAT himself. He worked for every damn thing he has.
Gasol I agree we got him for a bag of chips.
But we got D12 for the number two center in the league, hardly a foam finger.

You so salty cuz the nets max dealed BROOK SORRY *** LOPEZ :rofl:
and the magic wouldn't trade Dwight to yall :rofl:

So yall got the #1 center in the L (who just came off a major injury) for the "2nd" best. Meanwhile the Nets just signed the 3rd best to a max deal (who has dominated the 2nd best in all their head to head matchups)

doesnt seem like that bad of an idea to me

Dat Standom is reaching epic proportions.

Rightfully so, the lakers are relevant again.

Let's see if they can make it past OKC.... imo durant and the boys were overrated just like the '11 heat.

I hope so.

I'm trying to see and LBJ v KB final.

NT, huddler version, may go yuku bonkers

i

Article written about trades, and how information gets leaked after the fact about potential teams falling short.

After trading JJ, Hawks contacted magic about a trade, Magic said no. Wouldn't even consider it.

Lakers Shopped to most teams to be a part of a 3 team deal. Contacted TWolves to take Bynum.. Kahn said no.

The Magic actually contacted Lakers about the 4 team deal. Hennigan had Sixers in line to take Bynum, and then Called Lakers.

So yall got the #1 center in the L (who just came off a major injury) for the "2nd" best. Meanwhile the Nets just signed the 3rd best to a max deal (who has dominated the 2nd best in all their head to head matchups)
doesnt seem like that bad of an idea to me

^ So Brooke Sorry ***** Lopez is the 3rd best Center in the League?!?!?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom