Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yall got the #1 center in the L (who just came off a major injury) for the "2nd" best. Meanwhile the Nets just signed the 3rd best to a max deal (who has dominated the 2nd best in all their head to head matchups)
doesnt seem like that bad of an idea to me

did you just call brooke lopez, the 3rd best center in the league? please, there are plenty of centers that make brook lopez a top 10, not even top 3 or top 5.

Who are better centers than Lopez? And pure centers, not PFs playing center :nerd:

So yall got the #1 center in the L (who just came off a major injury) for the "2nd" best. Meanwhile the Nets just signed the 3rd best to a max deal (who has dominated the 2nd best in all their head to head matchups)
doesnt seem like that bad of an idea to me

^ So Brooke Sorry ***** Lopez is the 3rd best Center in the League?!?!?...

so what makes him so sorry again? He is easily the best offensive center in the league. He doesnt rebound well, is a passable defender. Had dominated Bynum in all their head to head matchups (35, 18, 26, 17 were his last 4 point totals against the Lakers compared to Bynum's 2, 4, 8, 15) In fact Dwight is the only center Brook hasnt outplayed head to head

Last edited:
Really tho lol...Hibbert Horford Al Jefferson Bogut Nene Tyson Chandler...he's not even better than Noah lmfaooo need I continue :nerd:

Really tho lol...Hibbert Horford Al Jefferson Bogut Nene Tyson Chandler...he's not even better than Noah lmfaooo need I continue :nerd:

I would like to hear what makes all those players better than him, especially considering the things I posted earlier? And Nene is a PF. Brook is a 20/6 guy, his rebounding is a known problem, but none of those guys you posted can go out and get you 30 points in game except maaaaaaybe Jefferson

right now you're just naming guys who you heard are good centers, bc most of those guys arent dominant on either side of the ball the way Brook can dominate on offense

Last edited:

Hibbert doesn't have the offensive skill set. Horford is playing out of position because of Josh ( but that's debatable) haven't seen enough of Jefferson, Bogut is always hurt, Nene is up there in years and is a 4/5, chandler doesn't have the offensive skill set, and Noah is debatable

Best offensive center in the league is Lopez , he can pull the other teams center out the paint which allows the rest of his team to be disruptive inside, he has a mid range game and can pick and pop, he's a career 8 RPG and is only 24.

I would like to hear what makes all those players better than him, especially considering the things I posted earlier? And Nene is a PF. Brook is a 20/6 guy, his rebounding is a known problem, but none of those guys you posted can go out and get you 30 points in game except maaaaaaybe Jefferson
right now you're just naming guys who you heard are good centers, bc most of those guys arent dominant on either side of the ball the way Brook can dominate on offense

Aren't dominant on either side u just proved my point...Brook is a 17 and 3 avg that's not 3rd best overall for a center your mistaken son.

Brooks is 20 / 8 ..... 17/3? Did you make that up?

he was talkin about brook's average on the games he played last season.

I still can't see brook as the 3rd best C in the league, he's probably top 5 tied with hibbert, heck I'd even take cousins over brook this season.

Brooks is 20 / 8 ..... 17/3? Did you make that up?
Im seeing 17.5 / 7.5 for his career. Where are you getting 20/8?

He avg 20ppg 2 years ago but he couldnt even get to 6 rpg...
sick.gif

Also, he did all of this on horrible teams. I think he's a good scorer, but he's still in the same tier of centers as HIbbert, Noah, Bogut etc.

Brooks played 5 games? :lol: his career average is 20/7.8 or something to that extent... And Hibbert doesn't have the offensive skill set to hang with Lopez. Can't comment on DMC cause I've seen 1 kings game :lol:

Apologize its 18/8 and the reason he averaged 6 2 years ago cause of humps, jumps would do the dirty work and Lopez was on the elbow

Best offensive center in the league is Lopez , he can pull the other teams center out the paint which allows the rest of his team to be disruptive inside, he has a mid range game and can pick and pop, he's a career 8 RPG and is only 24.

I'd say Brook's skills are more like a finesse PF than a true Center....I'd want my center to be abel to board and disrupt other teams driving to the rim, not trying to play outside the paint and shoot jumpers, plus Lopez is a badoffensive rebounder for a big man. Honestly though, Bynum and maybe Pau & Marc are the only bigs with legit post moves like traditional big men, and even Pau likes to step out sometimes....Dwight and Blake are just athletic freaks and dunk machines, not great post players. Dwight is a great defender too though, neither one really has true post moves.

As far as best centers go, its D12 then Bynum (closer than you may think), and it drastically tails off after that...I'd put Brook 3rd or 4th though since there's not many good centers at all in the league today

Cousins would bully that son in the paint...When your a center and can only score that's not really defining the position especially if he can't reb or def let alone...anybody can score that's why you in the League!

Fair enough as long as my man Lopez gets some shine :pimp: :lol: I always forget about Marc, idk why though , he can cook though :pimp:

MMG....look at it this way...I am a New York Knicks fan.
My team was in an even better situation than the Lakers were a year and a half ago.
Back then there was only 1 team that Melo wanted to go to and that was the Knicks, but there were still teams trolling, in the hunt, to try and use his fear of the new lockout rules to bag themselves a superstar...with the Nets being the #1 perpetrator.

1. He didn't want to go to NJ.
2. We had the cap room to sign him outright in the off-season.
3. He had outright said that he only wanted to go to New York and didn't change his tone.
4. He flat out told Denver that he was not signing any extension or picking up any option.

Denver's leverage was...we have a superstar we wanna trade. But...no you don't want to trade him. And he only has 5 months left on his contract? And he won't resign with 29 of the 30 teams? And the one team he will sign with can just wait the 5 months and sign him? So there's only one real bidder? And you have no leverage, except that the deal has to be better than getting absolutely nothing?

And if you try to call his bluff and see if he would really walk, you have only to look at what LeBron did the summer before?

Great.

Now Orlando...talked Dwight into signing an extension, so they added another year to that 5 months of leverage? And he's said he's willing to go to 2 different teams? And neither of those teams can sign him in free agency? And one of those teams is so desperate, they'll sell their children for him? And outside of that, some teams are willing to trade big for him with no guarantee of an extension? That's a nice way to be.

So then NJ starts trolling the Melo trade/Rockets start trolling the D12 trade. And it sounds nice...cuz of course they have a better offer...but it doesn't really matter, the star doesn't want to go there. Then the home team's front office starts helping the trolling. Stirring up the media and trying to get someone to flinch.

What happens next is where the Lakers front office aren't lucky, but geniuses. Orlando used every damn trick in the book to try and get Pau and Bynum. They tried everything they could to get that Rockets, "why are you giving us all of this" deal. They leaked 50 times that it was done and Dwight was a _______. They kept pushing and pushing and every week, we thought alright...LA is in the sticks, they're completely out of it..He'll be a Net/Rocket this week, I guarantee it!

Denver did that too. Remember when Melo thought he got traded to NJ? Denver/NJ were relentless the same way Orlando/Houston/NJ were. They had a new thing leaked every 5 minutes and would call NY just to troll and hope stories leaked there too. They kept trolling and trolling and trolling. Now...we had our own Mitch...Donnie. But Donnie's new. Mitch has been there. He's got people's respect. James Dolan respects no one...except his 'friend' Isiah Thomas. They get shook, hijack negotiations and don't give Denver what they asked for...they give them everything that wasn't nailed down, when they had all the leverage...made just a little bit more painful when the world finds out that D-Will was floating around waiting for a home.

But the Lakers...with less leverage...weren't punks about it. They called their bluff. Then Brook Lopez gets re-signed. Then the Rockets get told what it is. Then silence. Then the Lakers get everything they wanted.

Any normal team, in that position, would've gave in to Orlando a month and a half ago. They had all that leverage of Houston, NJ and the stupid option Dwight picked up.

That's not luck.

The advantage is people want to go there, but it takes a lot more than that to not get raked over the coals time and again.

Cousins would bully that son in the paint...When your a center and can only score that's not really defining the position especially if he can't reb or def let alone...anybody can score that's why you in the League!

He averages 8 rebounds a game though? How can't he rebound and like stated, he isn't the great defender but he gets the job done.

The Atlanta Hawks placed several calls to the Orlando Magic inquiring about then-available superstar center Dwight Howard, but according to Hawks GM Danny Ferry, Orlando wouldn’t consider any trades involving Atlanta because the Magic didn’t want to deal Howard within the Southeast Division. The Atlanta Journal Constitution has the details: “Ferry approached the Orlando Magic about a trade for Howard in early July but was turned down. He never had the opportunity to share his vision with Howard and try to convince him that the dysfunction that Howard (an Atlanta native) was familiar with was a thing of the past. It never even got as far as being in position to convince Howard to sign an extension. ‘We had discussions with Orlando about Dwight Howard,’ Ferry said. ‘They were apprehensive to trade him within the division.’ That may seem to hard to fathom. Logically, the Magic should’ve been more concerned about acquiring strong assets for Howard than him playing for another Southeast Division team. But given the dumpster full of unspectacular players, bad contracts and lottery-protected draft picks the Magic ended up with in the four-player trade, maybe it’s not so hard to believe. If Ferry was willing to take a calculated risk, without blowing up the team’s roster to get Howard, good for him. It shows aggressiveness and creativity. We’ll see where that takes him, and them.”

Source:

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-b...itch-for-dwight-howard-but-was-stopped-short/

Rob Hennigan :lol:

Last edited:
Like I said, I ain't mad that D12 went to the lakers ( of course I wanted Dwight, all 30 teams/fans want Dwight) im upset that Orlando's best deal possible situation they were waiting for is the worst deal :lol: lakers gonna lake, if everyone wants to trade you players for peanuts, there not much the rest of the L can do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom