Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see the resumes for some of these front office guys in the NBA.....what are the quals/requirements to become a GM?
-Attended middle school (had to complete at least 7th grade, will substitute advanced Elementary courses for unfinished grade levels)
-1 year general work experience
-Knows colors
-Cannot possess common sense

It doesn't matter if you're the greatest GM of all time or an idiot, if your owner steps in and takes control or doesn't approve a deal you like, then it doesn't matter.

Hennigan has as good of a pedigree as you can expect for a guy his age. And with reports that the Magic CEO was involved with this deal, you can't blame the GM entirely. At the end of the day, the guy with the check book (who usually doesn't know ball) can ruin a team.

Jodie Meeks went to Kentucky.

Nice pick up for the Lakers.

Hell of an offseason for them.

And that tidbit about Hennigan having his power taken from him, seems to be the only plausible explanation for this trade going down.

Chill that's the only way teams have a chance at beating the lakers, mike brown coaching.
Coaching is the Achilles heel of this squad.  They're forming a real good team - obviously...but I don't like Mike Brown as the coach. 

*How do you post .gifs?  Is there a shortcut to do this? 

From a fan perspective, this isn't fun. What competition outside of OKC, MIA, possibly BKN, NYK do LAL have for the next 4-5 years?

LAL are of course in the MIA and BOS position last year and 4 years ago respectively where people will be watching just to see them lose. But they are so stacked, and are a match up nightmare for everyone.

Gasol and Howard in the paint, Nash setting up Kobe and kicking out to Meeks, while Artest gets Boards also...not gonna be a good time for opponents. 60+ wins easy.

Last edited:
From a fan perspective, this isn't fun. What competition outside of OKC, MIA, possibly BKN, NYK do LAL have for the next 4-5 years?
Why do people act like it used be more than 4 or 5 contenders every year?? There are always a few clear cut favorites and a few wild cards...then everyone else.

You just named 5 teams, I would also add a reloaded Boston team, a nice young Pacer squad and you can never count out the Spurs.

Thats 3 favorites and 4 or 5 other teams that can also contend if everything falls into place for them. What else do you need?

And half of those teams arent even in big markets.

Chill that's the only way teams have a chance at beating the lakers, mike brown coaching.
Coaching is the Achilles heel of this squad.  They're forming a real good team - obviously...but I don't like Mike Brown as the coach. 

*How do you post .gifs?  Is there a shortcut to do this?
There should be an Insert Image icon right after the Redo button in reply box toolbar.

Click it and it will ask you insert an image either from your computer or an URL.

Insert the URL or select the image from you computer, wait for it too load, then press submit.

The gif should show up in your post.

Last edited:
MAGIC

“A primary goal for our basketball team is to achieve sustainability while maintaining a long-term vision. We feel this deal puts us in a position to begin building in that direction,” said Magic GM Rob Hennigan. “In addition to the six players joining our team, we will be in a position to maximize our salary cap flexibility in the near future, as well as utilize the multiple draft picks we have acquired going forward.”

“Dwight Howard accomplished tremendous success on and off the court during his eight years in Orlando,” said Hennigan. “We wish him, Chris (Duhon), Earl (Clark) and Jason (Richardson) all the best in the future.”

LAKERS

“We’d like to thank Andrew for all he’s done for the team and the organization,” said Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak. “Andrew has been with us since we drafted him at seventeen years old and over the last seven years we have watched him develop into an All-Star player who has helped the team win two NBA Championships. He’s a special talent with a bright future. We appreciate all of his contributions and wish him well for the remainder of his career.”

NUGGETS

“It’s not often you get the opportunity to improve your team by adding an All-Star player like Andre Iguodala,” said Nuggets GM Masai Ujiri said. “He’s an Olympian, a great defender and a great all-around player. We think he fits in really well with the type of system coach George Karl runs and the team we have here in Denver.”

"I’m excited to be heading to Denver,” Iguodala said. “I have a great relationship with (team president) Josh Kroenke, and I really respect what he and Masai have built with the Nuggets. They’re a great young team with an excellent coaching staff, led by Coach Karl. I also feel like I will really complement their system and roster, both offensively and defensively."

[COLOR=#red]SIXERS[/COLOR]

"We are very excited to welcome Andrew Bynum, one of the league's best, young centers, and Jason Richardson, a proven, respected veteran, to the Philadelphia 76ers," said Managing Owner Josh Harris. "As we stated from the outset, our ownership group is committed to exploring every option available to us in order to improve our team. This trade is the culmination of a very active off-season, one that we believe positions the Sixers for success this season and for many years to come."

Last edited:
There should be an Insert Image icon right after the Redo button in reply box toolbar.

Click it and it will ask you insert an image either from your computer or an URL.

Insert the URL or select the image from you computer, wait for it too load, then press submit.

The gif should show up in your post.
Thanks, toine!

In
Steve Nash
Dwight Howard
Antwan Jamison
Jodie Meeks

Out
Andrew Bynum

Mitch Kupchak, I like you.

In
Steve Nash
Dwight Howard
Antwan Jamison
Jodie Meeks

Out
Andrew Bynum

Mitch Kupchak, I like you.
 it's so easy, its almost unfair. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Agreed bring Sloan in if they want to win know. Mike Brown doesn't have the respect from the players, but hey Spolstra didn't either and they still won so only time will tell.

MJ never play a team as good offensively and defensively as the 08 Celtic and 10 Celtic

04 Piston is the best defensive team i've seen in the Finals

Best team MJ played in Finals was the 97 and 98 Jazz lol. Weak

Kobe faced tougher competition in Finals for sure

Kobe is going to be better than Jordan. Actually he's already better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom