Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by Stacked because Boston: Bird, McHale, & Parrish... Detroit: Isaih, Dumars, Rodman, Lambeer... Lakers: Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Cooper Scott... Utah: Malone, Stockton, Jeff... Seattle: GP, Kemp, Detlef...
I'd say all of those teams rival MIA interms of being stacked. Now if you want to talk about playing against a team with two individual talents like LeBron & Wade then he still played against teams with that :lol:

Malone and STockton SUCKEDDDD

you old heads are just HATERS!!!

dub dont go there fam... sounding like a young stupid troll

that duo could cook but just ended up getting cooked

Let's change subjects for a second...let's talk about Kevin Durant and his defensive potential.  Just watching him play a little now in the Argentina game and he showed some real good awareness/hands with on-ball defense. 

Lebron is the most complete player in the league as far as what he brings to the table on both ends of the floor.  Not saying KD will ever reach that level defensively, but do any of you all see him making a big jump with his defense in the upcoming season?  He's got the tools to be a lock-down defender.  What he lacks in foot-speed, he makes up for with his length. 

*Maybe model his defensive game after Tayshaun Prince? 

Like you said he lacks the foot speed, the issue with KD is he's rail thin, if he adds a little muscle him being able to outmuscle the opposing player along with his wingspan will help him overcome the lack of foot speed.

People live in the moment and don't seem to understand that MJ/Bulls broke so many hearts during the 90s, you know how many HoFs wont have rings because of MJ/Pip/etc.... Their level of dominance over talent on par with themselves is :wow: and if you can't grasp that you never will.

Exactly....people talk about Ewing, Barkley, Payton, Stockton & Malone like they are bums for not having rings when in actuality it just affirms MJ's dominance. All of those guys would have rings if not for MJ.

The Rockets were lucky MJ took his hiatus....or else they probably wouldn't have those two rings either.

Was Hennigan really selling the trade on Cap Flexibility and Moe Harkless?????

Have fun Jacque Vaughn. What a stupid Organization move. Sad part is, these are all decedents of the Spurs Organization. He learned nothing from Presti.

People live in the moment and don't seem to understand that MJ/Bulls broke so many hearts during the 90s, you know how many HoFs wont have rings because of MJ/Pip/etc.... Their level of dominance over talent on par with themselves is :wow: and if you can't grasp that you never will.

word and this is fact whether you a young head or old head. :nthat:

How is this thread not awash with a discussion of this trade? Orlando might have just made the worst trade in NBA history. No cap space, no great picks, and no great, heck good, players for a top-3 player in the NBA who is the undisputed preeminent defensive force of his generation and in his prime. In relation, Cleveland robbed Miami when it received a trade exception for LeBron James. Thievery of the highest order, I say.

I just can't believe any of this.

So when I saw more posts from yall like at around pg 269 I just ignored it as yall don't know when to stop being suckered with this nonsense but I'm more shocked a deal got done than the fact the LAL once again got a steal for the best defensive player and best center in the league. Nowhere as crazy as the Pau trade but it's up there. If it weren't for the circumstances I'd actually feel some way about this.

Right now I can't even be hype about the dominant team LAL is probably going to have or how amazing it'll be to see on the court.

At least Dwight's out the East. He's OKC's problem now.

Exactly....people talk about Ewing, Barkley, Payton, Stockton & Malone like they are bums for not having rings when in actuality it just affirms MJ's dominance. All of those guys would have rings if not for MJ.
The Rockets were lucky MJ took his hiatus....or else they probably wouldn't have those two rings either.

Would have loved to see that Bulls team vs the Rockets in the Finals those years, cause MJ vs Hakeem was pretty even against each other.

Like you said he lacks the foot speed, the issue with KD is he's rail thin, if he adds a little muscle him being able to outmuscle the opposing player along with his wingspan will help him overcome the lack of foot speed.
size never stoped prince from locking guys up
Let's change subjects for a second...let's talk about Kevin Durant and his defensive potential.  Just watching him play a little now in the Argentina game and he showed some real good awareness/hands with on-ball defense. 

Lebron is the most complete player in the league as far as what he brings to the table on both ends of the floor.  Not saying KD will ever reach that level defensively, but do any of you all see him making a big jump with his defense in the upcoming season?  He's got the tools to be a lock-down defender.  What he lacks in foot-speed, he makes up for with his length. 

*Maybe model his defensive game after Tayshaun Prince? 
he should be getting tips from iggy and bron on getting better on defnese. he may lack the foot speed but ya he has good awareness and length to get better on D. his problem is he reachs to much and gets caught out of postion wayyyyy to much.

melo has the same problems as KD aslo both have showing tho they can lock up at times but dont do it much.

Jodie Meeks and Lakers agreed to a 2year $3mil contract
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Mitch and Jim are killing it rt now..

and Jodie Meeks? :x :smh: Only game to watch in the west is Lakers vs OKC next year. Otherwise I would be wasting time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom