Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa....He had 15 rebounds?
Didn't Doc say the team who rebounded the most would win that game? What do you know...The Lakers won the rebounding match that game and they won the title.
You probably don't care about that though, all you're trying to do is make Kobe look bad.
Keep trying though. :lol:

Perhaps I should clarify:

I'm drawing a comparison between Jordan and Bryant. As I mentioned in my post above, Jordan willed the 1997-98 the bumbling Bulls to the championship (re-watch the fourth quarter of game 6 if you don't believe me); whereas Bryant's 6 for 24 from the field nearly cost the Lakers a championship. Find a comparable performance from Jordan in the context of an NBA Finals game, and I'll gladly shut up.

Kobe's a great player, but if he "looks bad," it's because he's being compared to the greatest of all time.

Kobe: ... come to the Lakers bro, then carry me like this...
1281798874b9cc4.jpg

So salty. :lol:

Yall still falling for the MJ vs Kobe trap. Nobody will ever pass what Mike did. Move on.

unelss the world ends this year, how do you even figure this?

6 for 6 in the finals.

you didnt even need to go past that.....

thats the beginning & end of the kb vs mj bs debate

Last edited:
Unless someone's making a move to sign Jordan right now you guys need to chill. ruining a good thread with your bitterness

Explosions like this support the belief Kobe at his peak was probably a better offensive player than Michael.  Not as good a defensive player  as Michael was throughout his career, Michael was as good as any ever at his position, but Kobe was no slouch either.  At one point he could put the clamps on anyone.  And Michael never had to guard the other team's best player.  Not that he couldn't, but he never had to.

That's one argument.

Explosions? If those are explosions then what exactly are Jordan's best games from the 80s and early 90s? Hydrogen bomb detonations? I could easily FILL this thread with youtube videos of Jordan's scoring outbursts, but I don't want to make people scroll too much. Kobe averaged 35 on 45% shooting, Jordan averaged 35 on 54% shooting. He had so many seasons with 50%+ shooting, while Kobe never cracked the 47% shooting barrier. His mediocre shooting percentages will ultimately always separate him from Jordan. And don't get me even started on the playoffs. The record 63 against the Celtics. Drowning Cliff Robinson with treys. Averaging 40 in a finals. Kobe never did anything like this in the playoffs. Not to mention consistency. Jordan has 8-900 games where he scored in double figures. I don't think Kobe's ever made it halfway to this.

The fact that his game is more centered around scoring is far from being the same as him actually being a better scorer/offensive player. Therefore, I can certainly see why you think scoring would be your best shot at having an argument, but again, you have no valid argument what...so...ever.

Last edited:

The 10 scoring titles aren't even there :smh:

Mike and Kobe are 1-2 all time for me so I'm not gonna enter that debate, I wish people would understand that mike wasn't perfect and needed/got help and because of Kobe's accomplishments this isn't a rediculous discussion.

Mike is Mike, please let Kobe be Kobe.

Im a huge kobe fan but i cant comprehend how someone could think he is better than MJ

uh its simple. the same reason people think dr j and wilt are better than mj.

has to do with generations and opinion.

niketalk is filled with alotta young dudes who never seen jordan play.

so how is it so hard to believe that alot of young dudes relate and think kobe or lebron or anyone for that matter is better? they are actually seeing them play...

Christ this is gonna end up being the most obnoxious season ever. Hopefully Lebron's ready to crush millions of dreams again come Finals, unless Durant does it before then.

The thing that kills me about the NBA is these same owners that griped during the lockout blaming the players are the same ones that hire incompetent gms and presidents that can't manage their teams. The next lockout we'll have Orlando's owner crying about competitive balance and blaming the players for his team's misfortune while forgetting the fact that over a course of 2 years his team traded Dwight for the worst possible offer.

COMPETITIVE BALANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is what we heard during the lock out over and over

and the fans bought it :rofl:

Last edited:
They didn't want to dig up the earth to get Bynum (but would have for Howard), but they would have easily taken that 3 team trade, cause they still would have kept some of their own assets to get Bynum.

but how do you know this? maybe houston werent down with the 3 team trade...

obviously cleveland and houston offered more than the 4 team trade. or so we all THINK. maybe the rumors arent true about what cleveland and houston were gonna give up in a 3 team trade,

maybe philly was the only team willing to take bynum without fear of losing him?

Besides acquiring players with better value, I like that Masai Uijiri recognizes when he has made a mistake and finds a team to let him off the hook (Nene, Harrington, Afflalo). I bet there are GMs that wouldn't do that in fear of being made fun of.

but how do you know this? maybe houston werent down with the 3 team trade...
obviously cleveland and houston offered more than the 4 team trade. or so we all THINK. maybe the rumors arent true about what cleveland and houston were gonna give up in a 3 team trade,
maybe philly was the only team willing to take bynum without fear of losing him?

this is niketalk not maybetalk

yall wanna discuss kobe/mj? go create a player a vs player b thread. **** is tired.

people have their opinions. let them be.

Kobe nearly shot the Lakers out of game 7.
Recall:
Code:
               Basi                                                                           
Starters         MP FG FGA  FG% 3P 3PA  3P% FT FTA  FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS +/-
Kobe Bryant   44:51  6  24 .250  0   6 .000 11  15 .733   4  11  15   2   1   0   4  4  23   0
Team Totals     240 27  83 .325  4  20 .200 25  37 .676  23  30  53  11   7   3  11 19  83

You act as if everyone didnt shoot poorly in this game.

Congrats to all the Laker faithful. Guess it's true yall don't rebuild yall reload. :wow:

City of LA about to be on and poppin :nthat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom