Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll never get fair value back by trading Dwight away. But how do the Magic not at least get cap space and/or a lottery pick back? How? Hennigan should be fired on those merits alone.

you guys need to understand that logic has no place in the NBA and hasn't for a few years. that is why we keep seeing the revolving door with bad coaches and GM's getting 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances. And owners crying about parity and then helping the lakers and hurting OKC

it's a strange league and more about entertainment.

Only sensible Lakers fan on here might be Essential1 
mean.gif
laugh.gif

Why doesn't Chicago attract free agents like LA, Miami, and New York? It's the 3rd biggest city in the US with good nightlife and a winning tradition.

Last edited:
I think Laker fans will just LOVE Chris Duhon............:lol:

Trade is approved. Lakers also give up McRoberts to Orlando. (How many mediocre big men do Orlando have now?)

not to hate on Chicago, but they haven't won anything outside of what MJ brought to them.

and plus, Chicago isn't as luxurious as NY. And doesn't have the weather like Florida or California

^ I guess the weather, even tho New York weather is cold, chi town wheater is crazy. I went to my cousins college graduation last year in may and the first day it was nice a sunny and the next it felt like a rainy February day. And after that it was cold for the rest of the weekend. SMH in May. But I do agree its a pretty cool city

Last edited:
not to hate on Chicago, but they haven't won anything outside of what MJ brought to them.
and plus, Chicago isn't as luxurious as NY. And doesn't have the weather like Florida or California
I was going to bring something up, but realized that it might put me at odds with some of our friends from the Atlantic Division.

Last edited:

Trade is approved. Lakers also give up McRoberts to Orlando. (How many mediocre big men do Orlando have now?)

official, let the season begin

Because of Jordan. If Rose wins a chip in Chicago that's cool. But it's not like these other places where if you win a championship, you become a God

He's a salary dump. He's got a $3 million expiring contract this season.

I thought Dwight wanted to be the man on a squad to call his own though? He was already upset about SVG's three point heavy offense and even with Nash as the distributor, Kobe, Dwight and Gasol can only get so many touches.

Orlando should be contracted :lol: :lol: I bet if Rick Fox, Smush Parker, and DJ Mbenga were still with the Lakers, the Magic would have gladly taken them too

Any reservations dwight has should end as soon as he runs the pick and roll with Nash. Coming from Jameer.. That's like going from that girl from Precious
to Stacey Dash

Cartwright, Wennington, Longley were all legitimate NBA centers.  Not great players but big centers(add in Will Perdue there, and Jordan had them all at the same time.)  Aside from Shaq and Bynum, can you even name another center Kobe played with?

I can't tell if you're serious or not. This is the highest praise any of the above players have ever received.

A more accurate description comes from Jordan himself, "I have to play with 21 feet of ****."

Further, the 1997-98 Bulls team was absolutely atrocious. Not to mention, the core had been worn down by three consecutive years of 90+ game seasons.

HARPER
JORDAN
PIPPEN - Back problems
RODMAN - At the height of his debauchery
LONGLEY

KUKOC
KERR
BURRELL
BROWN
BUECHLER
CAFFEY
WENNINGTON
SIMPKINS

Jordan literally willed that team to a championship. I've never seen the same from Kobe-- or any other player for that matter-- especially when you consider how Gasol and Artest bailed him out during the 2010 Finals.

Last edited:
Because of Jordan. If Rose wins a chip in Chicago that's cool. But it's not like these other places where if you win a championship, you become a God

Honestly you couldn't be more off base :lol:

You have absolutely no idea what that kid means to the City. Born and Bred here... He was already a legend here before joining the Bulls, hell before Memphis. #1 player in the country, from Simeon, wearing #25... It was like the 2nd coming of Ben. Not to mention he plays his heart out for the city. He doesn't even have to win one and he'll remain the cities favorite... If he does get one here... It'll mean just as much as the what Mike did because we watched him grow up.

As far as the Chicago slander... I'll step in the name of love around that. Carry on.

Rose is from Chicago. If he wins a chip there, he will be a god. **** are you talking about?

You have no legit arguments whatsoever when it comes to this subject. Only empty fanboy propaganda that is backed up by "This." comments from fellow fanboys.
March 16, 2007

Vs Portland Trailblazers (W)

65 PTS 23-39 59% 8-12 (3's) 65%

March 18, 2007

VS Minnesota Timberwolves(W)

50 PTS 17-35 49%

March 22nd, 2007

@ Memphis Grizzlies(W)

60 PTS 20-37 54%

March 23, 2007

@ New Orleans Hornets (W)

50 PTS 16-29 55%

March 25, 2007

Vs Golden State Warriors (W)

43 PTS 15-33 46%

54 PPG On 57% Shooting While The Team Went 5-0.
Explosions like this support the belief Kobe at his peak was probably a better offensive player than Michael.  Not as good a defensive player  as Michael was throughout his career, Michael was as good as any ever at his position, but Kobe was no slouch either.  At one point he could put the clamps on anyone.  And Michael never had to guard the other team's best player.  Not that he couldn't, but he never had to.

That's one argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom