Official NBA OFF-SEASON Thread - 2011: Free Agency Dec. 9th

Valanciunas finished the U19 tourney with 23 and 14 averages per and the MVP.

30t6p3b.gif
at the college coaches denying the good players from playing for USA.

Best center prospect since Dwight. Where the hell does anyone see a comparison to Noah in that? Kid is Big Z at worst.

Best center prospect since Dwight. Where the hell does anyone see a comparison to Noah in that? Kid is Big Z at worst.

The thing about Jonas is that he appears to like playing basketball. That makes a big difference in players ability to develop. He's not just a tall kid being forced in. Looks like he enjoys it.

The thing about Jonas is that he appears to like playing basketball. That makes a big difference in players ability to develop. He's not just a tall kid being forced in. Looks like he enjoys it.

Serious, that dunk at 1:45 or so with the one hand reminded me of Duncan. 

Relax guys, just the dunk itself, calm down everyone. 

That kid looks good, add a few pounds and get to work.  He seemed to be pumped a lot in that vid, like he cares, that's a good sign. 

Serious, that dunk at 1:45 or so with the one hand reminded me of Duncan. 

Relax guys, just the dunk itself, calm down everyone. 

That kid looks good, add a few pounds and get to work.  He seemed to be pumped a lot in that vid, like he cares, that's a good sign. 

Originally Posted by DubA169

why do they deny them? risk of injury?
I think it was a combination of things; preventing exhaustion/injury, get acquainted with (new) college teammates, control their players from others, help recruit at camps/skills academies.

Originally Posted by DubA169

why do they deny them? risk of injury?
I think it was a combination of things; preventing exhaustion/injury, get acquainted with (new) college teammates, control their players from others, help recruit at camps/skills academies.

I don't know how good of a fit Valanciunas and Toronto will be. The run and gun style won't do him any favors in developing defensively in the league. It might ease the transition offensively (i.e. he could tear it up running it up like that with DeRozan) but it could set him back something serious on defense. I hated looking at the box score and seeing Toronto lose games when they scored something like 120.
sick.gif

I don't know how good of a fit Valanciunas and Toronto will be. The run and gun style won't do him any favors in developing defensively in the league. It might ease the transition offensively (i.e. he could tear it up running it up like that with DeRozan) but it could set him back something serious on defense. I hated looking at the box score and seeing Toronto lose games when they scored something like 120.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

yea i was wondering where the hell the Noah comparison came from
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

As much as I didn't want to agree with that Toronto homer, it does appear like Cleveland messed up.

Dude does remind of Timmay with a bit of Pau Gasol mixed in. Defensively looks like he has nice awareness at least and timing. Dude looks passionate too.

As much as I didn't want to agree with that Toronto homer, it does appear like Cleveland messed up.

Dude does remind of Timmay with a bit of Pau Gasol mixed in. Defensively looks like he has nice awareness at least and timing. Dude looks passionate too.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

laugh.gif
Probably his high motor, hustle, and defense at a similar size. He's got a higher offensive ceiling than Noah, though.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

laugh.gif
Probably his high motor, hustle, and defense at a similar size. He's got a higher offensive ceiling than Noah, though.

Back
Top Bottom